CF Store

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Caste Football now has a bookstore of items available through Amazon. This is the link: http://astore.amazon.com/castfoot-20.

There's also a banner ad at the top of each page for the bookstore, which rotates three of the titles offered.

I've got a few hundred book titles there now, and more will be added over time. I'll also be adding movies, sports and training equipment, supplements, and anything else that Amazon offers.

If you're going to buy anything through Amazon, please do it through the CF store. If you want something that the store doesn't have, let me know by posting what it is or pm'ing me and I can add it.

If you buy something through CF's Amazon store, CF will get a small commission. All the details of your purchases are handled through Amazon, in other words I'll never see anyone's name, address and purchases.

This is an easy way to help Caste Football remain free and keep getting the message out, so please do your part to help.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'm starting to add some movies to the store, mostly dramas and comedies right now, including sports-themed comedies.

Still waiting for the first sale of anything, book or movie. Help a brother out!

BTW, what is a blue-ray? How does it differ from a regular DVD?

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Hey Don, I just bought a book.

Question, I was thinking of buying a Kindle (or similar) item from Amazon, is it problem for you to add items? How long would that take?

Thanks for the added service.

Highlander

Mentor
Fantastic selection of books...right up my alley. I have a Kindle and am trying to get away from buying hard copy books because of space limitations. I'm guessing some of these books are available for the Kindle, but only see the hard copies here. I wonder if you could get credit for Kindle book purchases.

I think prepper/survivalist items would be a good addition too. Stuff like waterproof LED flashlights, waterproof matches, compasses, waterproof outdoor watches, water bottles/canteens, freeze-dried foods, etc., etc., etc.

I also found out that Amazon carries the LifeStraw Personal Water Filter that I hear advertised on various radio shows. This should be a must have for everyone here at CF.

http://www.amazon.com/LifeStraw-Personal-Water-Filter/dp/B006QF3TW4

Of course, bought through the CF store if Don should decide to add it.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Don, I just bought a book.

Question, I was thinking of buying a Kindle (or similar) item from Amazon, is it problem for you to add items? How long would that take?

Thanks for the added service.

I don't know anything about Kindle. As a fellow middle-aged fart, I didn't realize you were so hip. :bigsmile: I just looked it up on wikipedia to find out what it is. I guess I'm old school and haven't caught up to e-books and associated aps yet. As far as I know I only have hard copies of books for sale on the store now.

Fantastic selection of books...right up my alley. I have a Kindle and am trying to get away from buying hard copy books because of space limitations. I'm guessing some of these books are available for the Kindle, but only see the hard copies here. I wonder if you could get credit for Kindle book purchases.

I think prepper/survivalist items would be a good addition too. Stuff like waterproof LED flashlights, waterproof matches, compasses, waterproof outdoor watches, water bottles/canteens, freeze-dried foods, etc., etc., etc.

I also found out that Amazon carries the LifeStraw Personal Water Filter that I hear advertised on various radio shows. This should be a must have for everyone here at CF.

http://www.amazon.com/LifeStraw-Personal-Water-Filter/dp/B006QF3TW4

Of course, bought through the CF store if Don should decide to add it.

Highlander, I'll add the water filter. Haven't started on survival gear yet but I'll get there. I added about 65 movies just today. The store can have thousands and thousands of items (and I'm still just starting on the books and movies), but before I go to all the work of adding them I need to know that folks are actually making purchases. The store is advertised on ANU News.net also and will be on anu.org soon, so I hope to draw customers from those sources as well.

Last edited:

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I'm starting to add some movies to the store, mostly dramas and comedies right now, including sports-themed comedies.

Still waiting for the first sale of anything, book or movie. Help a brother out!

BTW, what is a blue-ray? How does it differ from a regular DVD?

Don, blue-ray is similar to a DVD but it can hold more data. Also, it's high definition.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I don't know anything about Kindle. As a fellow middle-aged fart, I didn't realize you were so hip. :bigsmile: I just looked it up on wikipedia to find out what it is. I guess I'm old school and haven't caught up to e-books and associated aps yet. As far as I know I only have hard copies of books for sale on the store now.

Haha, the kindle is a gift for a young person, I prefer real books myself.

Although I think ebooks is a good idea too.

Matra2

Master
At Amazon's UK site more ebooks are now sold than printed books. That's impressive, especially considering Kindles were not available there until just two years ago. It would not surprise me if the situation is now the same in the USA. Unfortunately, in my country the most up to date Kindles were not available when I decided to buy an Ereader so Amazon ebooks wouldn't work on mine - although there's probably some complicated way of making them work that techies know about. So given the direction the business is going in I'd say it's a good idea to have Ebooks available.

As for Blu-rays a few years ago they were seen as a big disappointment to the entertainment industry - ie not selling that well beyond the die-hard film fans - though things might have improved since then.

Zeus

Guru
Is there any t-shirt or clothes that castefootball produces for the members? I would definitely buy one of those if there are any! The books seem to ve very interesting and informative and the titles remind me a lot the books Golden Dawn releases.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Is there any t-shirt or clothes that castefootball produces for the members? I would definitely buy one of those if there are any! The books seem to ve very interesting and informative and the titles remind me a lot the books Golden Dawn releases.

I had Caste Football t-shirts made several years ago but almost no one bought them. I offered them again at a reduced price some months back but only sold one.

BTW, the CF store has sold a total of one book so far. :sad:

Zeus

Guru
I had Caste Football t-shirts made several years ago but almost no one bought them. I offered them again at a reduced price some months back but only sold one.

BTW, the CF store has sold a total of one book so far. :sad:

I am willing to support and help the site, but I would like to buy a clothe or something!
Maybe a t-shirt with the logo of the site (the quarterback), maybe you could release them again sometime?

I wish I could buy a book too, but reading so many pages in English will make my brain totally burn (like it's not burnt enough already lol). Plus I have like 20 plus books in the corner waiting for me to read.

I hope more members, especially the English speakers and readers to support this attempt, it totally worth it.

The t-shirts is an excellent idea, you should attempt it again sometime Don. The logo of the site is awesome for a printed t-shirt IMO.