Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jason Witten

• Jared DeVries

• Total voters

backrow

Hall of Famer
here goes, you know the drill! (didn'r run one last week, since i am pretty sure that Kevin Curtis would have gotten it
smiley2.gif
)

1. Brian Leonard, RB Rams: game high 58 yards on 16 carries plus 1 catch for a yard - take into account that he was a starting white runningback behind a terrible line and with no help from passing game either

2. Dallas Clark, Colts: game high 6 catches for 76 yards and a great TD grab. he had 2 TDs on the day.

3. Jerhame Urban, Cardinals: 5 catches for 53 yards and a TD

4. Jason Witten, Cowboys: 6 catches for 71 yards, 1 TD

5. Jared DeVries, Lions: 4 tackles, 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles, all career best

didn't make a cut: Matt Roth, Dolphins: 6 solo tackles, 1 sack; Brian Urlacher, Bears: 11 tackles; Kevin Walter, Texans: 6 for 77 yards; Brian Robison, Bikings: 5 tackles, 1 sack

Edited by: backrow

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I voted for Clark.

Didn't realize DeVries had such a huge game. It's ridiculous that this guy has never been a starter in his career. Not even once even though the Lions have had lots of bad black d-linemen starting (and several different head coaches) while he's been in Detroit. Edited by: Don Wassall

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I voted for Urban. Getting those stats on the Cardinals takes more effort than getting those stats with the Colts or Cowboys.
smiley2.gif

Angelcynn

Guru
DeVries for putting a white face on the NFL website for most sacks on the weekend. I would've voted Dallas Clark but everyone else seems to be doing that for me.

G

I went with Leonard. What he's doing is far more important than Clark, however good Clark has been. There's plenty of white tight ends. White players are still allowed at that position.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Why is Mike Furrey not on the list? He had 91 yards receiving to help the Lions win again. Kitna to Furrey has a nice ring to it.

G

The more I think about this poll, the less sense it makes. Lots of white tight ends to choose from, kind of like the caste system NFL itself.

I don't see how anybody could vote for anyone other than Leonard.

This poll is bogus.

backrow

Hall of Famer
nevada said:
The more I think about this poll, the less sense it makes. Lots of white tight ends to choose from, kind of like the caste system NFL itself.

This poll is bogus.

lol, why don't you f**k off then? noone forces you to read. it's easy to complain but what have you ever done on this site worth of notice?
that's what i thought...
Tight end or not, i try to be objective and put down the players that simply had best showins in any given week.

Lightning, yeah i missed Furrey, he could have made the cut.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
nevada said:

This poll is bogus.

Why rain on the parade? It's a fun poll that's part of our shared interest in white NFL football players.

You've already gotten on the wrong side of some people here and comments like this out of the blue don't help.

Gi-15

Mentor
I gave Witten my vote. Who knows, with the problems the chargers have, and with all the exposure dallas gets, he might become the league's premier TE!

G

backrow said:
lol, why don't you f**k off then? noone forces you to read. it's easy to complain but what have you ever done on this site worth of notice?

I made a thread called "Proof that the caste system exists" to point out that Peyton Manning won the game against the Broncos, yet no Broncos players would admit that.

You posted in that thread twice.

Peyton Manning had a better game than Dallas Clark. Manning always has a better game than Clark, and will always have a better game that Clark. Clark will never, not once in his entire career, have a better game than Manning. So I ask, why is Manning not in this poll?

Patting white tight ends on the back for a good game is reinforcing the caste system. White players are still allowed at tight end. Would it not make a lot more sense to recognize caste breakers like Leonard and Furrey?

backrow

Hall of Famer
wow, you are an idiot. of course Manning and Brady and 10 or 20 other starting white quarterbacks are the most important part off their teams, get huge stats and wins every week, but it's obvious. i never list QBs in my weekly stats threads for the same reason: there are tons of them and they always get good stats. hence no reason to defend them since they take a great care of themselves, letting their actions speak for them.

athletic white tight ends are still breaking the caste system just as much anyone. Clark was the major clog of Colts playoffs wins. he raised everyone's awareness of just how good white receivers might be when given a chance.
Witten and Heap and Shockey do the same thig on the weekly basis. They prove that white man can play an important role in catching and running the ball. They are great athletes and i decide to celebrate that in MY polls...

and your "proof that caste system exist"... what proof do you think we need? we've been watching white players struggling to get to the top foe years. as if we needed any further "proof"...

you don't like my weekly stats or polls? don't read them, don't vote in them and the problem is taken care of. it's that simple.

Gi-15

Mentor
nevada said:
Peyton Manning had a better game than Dallas Clark. Manning always has a better game than Clark, and will always have a better game that Clark. Clark will never, not once in his entire career, have a better game than Manning. So I ask, why is Manning not in this poll?

Patting white tight ends on the back for a good game is reinforcing the caste system./QUOTE]

What the hell are you talking about? You mean if by any mean manning has a terrible game, goes 19/45 for 186 yard a TD and 2 INT, gets totally contained by the defense, and clark is the only guy who consistently gets open, gets 115 of those yards and the TD, throw some big-blocks in the running game, all the praise still goes to manning? basically, your saying that average-Joe could play TE for the colts and it would not matter at all. Clark IS making a difference. And this poll is all about difference makers.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
nevada said:
backrow wrote:

I made a thread called "Proof that the caste system exists" to point out that Peyton Manning won the game against the Broncos, yet no Broncos players would admit that.

You posted in that thread twice.

I read that thread. The difference is neither of backrow's posts were insulting or condescending, unlike yours. It's all about tact. Not that you're asking for my advice, but you might have gotten a better response if you'd made your point about caste-breaking white football players deserving more consideration than others and let it go at that.

backrow

Hall of Famer
good point Shogun, but then again he basically says that we shouldn't support tight ends since caste system "approves" of them but we need to cherish white quarterbacks, who i guess are persecuted and as rare aswhite cornerbacks
smiley5.gif

this poll is bogus anyhow
smiley17.gif