CF All-Pro Defense 2012

TwentyTwo

Master
Feel free to add your valued imput....Depending on your preference of a 4-3 or 3-4 Defense(injuries not included)

It's pretty much a given...is there a Front-4 better than this!!!

DE-JJ Watt
DT-Justin Smith
DT-Kyle Williams
DE-Jared Allen
Subs to rotate...Brett Keisel, Chris Long, Rob Ninkovich, Kyle Vandenbosch....

A plethora of talented ultra-athletic LBers...Take your Pick and throw them into the mix....

*OLB's...Clay Matthews, Chad Greenway, Connor Barwin, Ryan Kerrigan, Brooks Reed, Jarrett Johnson
*ILB's...Paul Pozlusny, James Laurinaitis,Brian Cushing, Sean Lee, Brian Urlacher...
*Special Teams...Luke Kuechly, Miles Burris...

DB's can be interchangable...personally like Eric Weddle & Steve Gregory as my CB's....Conte & Chris Prosinski more than capable...call up/try em out Cole Brodie & Pete Ittersagen for Special Teams

Starting Safties...Chris Conte & Harrison Smith or Tom Zbikowski....

John Wendling, Jim Leonhard, Chris Giordano, Craig Dahl, Tyler Sash, Craig Steltz, Eric Smith, Colin Jones, Nate Ebner all as special teams candidates...

Most of this is off the top of my head....

Last edited:

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Feel free to add your valued imput....Depending on your preference of a 4-3 or 3-4 Defense(injuries not included)

It's pretty much a given...is there a Front-4 better than this!!!

DE-JJ Watt
DT-Justin Smith
DT-Kyle Williams
DE-Jared Allen
Subs to rotate...Brett Keisel, Chris Long, Rob Ninkovich, Kyle Vandenbosch....

A plethora of talented ultra-athletic LBers...Take your Pick and throw them into the mix....

*OLB's...Clay Matthews, Chad Greenway, Connor Barwin, Ryan Kerrigan, Brooks Reed, Jarrett Johnson
*ILB's...Paul Pozlusny, James Laurinaitis,Brian Cushing, Sean Lee, Brian Urlacher...
*Special Teams...Luke Kuechly, Miles Burris...

DB's can be interchangable...personally like Eric Weddle & Steve Gregory as my CB's....Conte & Chris Prosinski more than capable...call up/try em out Cole Brodie & Pete Ittersagen for Special Teams

Starting Safties...Chris Conte & Harrison Smith or Tom Zbikowski....

John Wendling, Jim Leonhard, Chris Giordano, Craig Dahl, Tyler Sash, Craig Steltz, Eric Smith, Colin Jones, Nate Ebner all as special teams candidates...

Most of this is off the top of my head....

That's a pretty good list TwentyTwo. Maybe add; Chase Blackburn; Giants, and a sleeper Brian Schaefering; Cowboys, did a nice job filling in for an injured afflete in limited action. He may not be an All-Pro, but he looked really good! Dan Connor also doing a fantastic job at MLB for the injured Sean Lee in Dallas!

It seems we have more white safties lately than in years past. Am I correct? Now if we could break through at the CB position in the future.

Thanks TT!

Old Scratch

Mentor
Too many excellent LBers to add two DTs. So for my list:
DE: JJ Watt and Rob Ninkovich
DT: Justin Smith
LBers: Chad Greenway, James Laurinaitis, Luke Kuechly, Paul Posluszny
Safeties: Eric Weddle and Harrison Smith
CB N/A (not allowed)

Honorable mentions go out to Clay Matthews III, Jared Allen, Kyle Williams, Steven Gregory, Chase Blackburn, the Texans Bulls on Parade, Chris Conte

Sean Lee might become the best LB in the league but he played half a season at most, there's no way I could add him to an all pro team with so many worthy candidates.

TwentyTwo

Master
Thanks so much for the replies...was hoping for a few more responses...oh well. Agreed Sean Lee has become an Elite LB in the NFL! Chase Blackburn refuses to be denied! The 3-4 would be nasty! But good to know a 4-3 defense could also work...

Truly sad on the N/A...But not an option...if you HAD to put 11 players on the field vs. an All-Pro-black offense...and they selected Griffin as their QB; possibly platooning Newton.....Vick or Wilson as 3rd string?? The WR's are Calvin Johnson....FLASHBACK to 05' Emerald Bowl..Eric Weddle shut C.Johnson down (he can use excuses this happened on wet field if he wants). The other starter Fitzgerald?...you can stick Gregory on him or go with more height 6'-3" Conte...

The O-Line better bring their "A" game bec the D-Line would wreck havoc!

Reed Doughty once again magically pops up as a starter for the Redskins and LEADS the team in tackle in yesterday's playoff game(13?) + 2 sacks..prior week vs Dallas he blasted two players on one hit..he has been playing lights out! If he is not a opening day starter for the Skins' next season...he needs to go to the Broncos, Patriots or Texans!

Brandon Hardin also played CB in college...give him a shot at least as a back-up

I enjoy interupting some of the CasteSpeak that is on the LSU/College boards...the "labeling" is absurd! Reminding them Kuechly & Greenway were the NFL's Leading Tacklers! A few of us have to step in and stop this madness!

Last edited:

ClaytonB24

Hey guys! Long time reader, first time poster.

I definitely agree with this All-Pro Defense list, but I'd just like to give my $.02 on the offensive side of the ball.

QB - Mike Vick
RB - Jacob Hester
FB - John Kuhn
TE - Jason Witten. Gronk is just too.. Flashy. It's like he wishes he was colored or something!
WR - Eric Decker and Jordy Nelson
T - Joe Thomas
G - Logan Mankins
C - Max Unger
G - Marshal Yanda
T - Joe Staley

What do you guys think?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Some good choices, but I think you can find a better White quarterback than Mike Vick. :icon_grin:

Old Scratch

Mentor
So many of the trolls here take the name "Clayton Bigsby."

You sure are creative and funny, buddy. Thanks for the great post.