Census Worker Found Hanged

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
We don't know the details, but murder is always horrible. I was shocked when I first heard about it.
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Have you seen the info they ask for on those census forms??Edited by: White Shogun

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Shogun, I haven't seen them.

This is about ten miles from were i live; i work there for years; it's ruff country! i carried a gun to work back then; a lotta pot growers back in there. and they dont like nosey people; but i will stay up on what's going on and let everybody know!
smiley20.gif
Edited by: lost

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I can't justify killing over a census, but I understand the distrust & not wanting "Feds" asking a slew of invasive questions. I've heard of census workers taking digital photos of people's homes etc., and asking very intrusive questions/prodding. I'd not want one coming to my house and getting in my business, but it's not worth greasing someone over.

***P.S. - The MSM is already trying to frame this on "right wingers"...probably trying to justify more Orwellian tactics/crackdown against patriots (Tea Partiers, 9/11 Truthers, strict Constitutionalists, & anyone who opposed Globalism & tyranny etc.)....

MSM Tries to Frame Census Worker Murder on "Right Wing"Edited by: DixieDestroyer

Menelik

Mentor
DixieDestroyer said:
I can't justify killing over a census, but I understand the distrust & not wanting "Feds" asking a slew of invasive questions. I've heard of census workers taking digital photos of people's homes etc., and asking very intrusive questions/prodding. I'd not want one coming to my house and getting in my business, but it's not worth greasing someone over.

***P.S. - The MSM is already trying to frame this on "right wingers"...probably trying to justify more Orwellian tactics/crackdown against patriots (Tea Partiers, 9/11 Truthers, strict Constitutionalists, & anyone who opposed Globalism & tyranny etc.)....

MSM Tries to Frame Census Worker Murder on "Right Wing"

Agreed. Col. Reb this is the "official" handbook of proposed questions:

http://tinyurl.com/p5n3rd

Edited by: Menelik

The Hock

Master
I worked the census in the spring and summer of 1990, in the mountain back country of Northern California. Six bucks an hour and mileage. Not bad when you're broke and between jobs. I enjoyed it, saw a lot of country, and even got extra work re-doing areas that other census people had screwed up.

I got bit twice by dogs and yapped at a few times by two legged critters. One of the stranger people was some dude decked out in a full on ninja outfit hiding behind a big pine tree off a dirt road. We looked at each other as I drove past. I'll bet ninjas don't like the census.

I found in the main two groups of people who were suspicious of the census. One was city transplant types who moved from the city to get away from all the BS and just want to be left alone.

The other was born and raised locals who hate the government with a passion because of its heavy handed interference with logging and ranching. The Forest Service and San Francisco liberal types with their environmental lawsuits over owls and whatnot have just about ruined a lot of formerly prosperous logging and mill towns.

I never felt in danger back then, but like a lot other things, the situation has gotten even worse. I don't think I'd want to do it nowadays.

Tom Iron

Mentor
The only questions I'll answer in any census is sex and age. Anything beyond that is govt. prying. Therefore, I won't be filling out any census forms any time soon.

Tom Iron...

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I believe you can be charged with a crime and a fine if you don't answer the census taker's questions, if they chose to pursue it.

The questions are extremely invasive and get into all sorts of things about income, people in the home with disabilities, race, etc. It's all about 'delivery of services' bs, not actually counting the people to allot representatives to the House, which is its intended purpose.

The Hock

Master
As I recall the only one who can get in any trouble is the a census worker should he or she divulge any information about the people they interviewed.

Most of the forms were basic and general, but every sixth household got what we called the long form. It went into more detail and required an interview. The question that raised the most hackles was one pertaining to the person's net worth.

But as far as getting in trouble for refusing to cooperate, no. I was told more than once to get lost. I just had to move on.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Q: Can I simply ignore census forms, or enter false information?

A: No. Presently, individuals who refuse to answer census forms may face a fine of $100. (See 13 U.S.C. � 221(a).) Similarly, people who willfully provide false information on census forms may have to pay a fine of $500. (See 13 U.S.C. � 221(b).) In both cases, you may also receive either a phone call or a visit from a Census Bureau representative.

I'll take Ignore the Census for $500, Alex. Edited by: White Shogun

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
The Hock said:
Well, I'll be hanged.

I'm guessing it's enforced as much as the tearing the tag off the mattress warning.

One of those things they can use if they want to.

Menelik

Mentor
The Hock said:
Well, I'll be hanged.

I'm guessing it's enforced as much as the tearing the tag off the mattress warning.

Off topic but true story. When I was 8, back in the 60s, I tore that "infamous" tag off of my big brother's mattress. Him and my even bigger sister had me convinced that the cops would be over to arrest me that evening. I got so scared I wet the bed that evening!
smiley3.gif
Edited by: Menelik

Reminds me of the totally awesome Crazy Horse song, "Powderfinger."