Celebrity MMA?

G

What do you guys think about the possible match between Joe Rogan and Wesley Snipes? Apparently both Rogan and the UFC want this fight to happen, and are only waiting for Snipes to sign the contract. I guess Snipes is a big UFC fan and has a lot of martial arts training (Karate/Kung Fu or something). Rogan is a TKD black belt and is supposed to have some good submission skills (trains with Eddie Bravo).

I doubt Snipes will take the fight, but it would be hilarious to see this. I think Snipes would be sub'ed rather quickly. Rogan was talking about this a litte during that horrible Gonzaga/Jordan fight at UFC 56.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I should have been paying more attention to their yakking. Your post is the first I've heard of it. I agree, I doubt Snipes will take it. He has nothing to gain and everything to lose. If he loses, his action star bad-ass image will be tarnished. He will forever be the guy who lost a fight to the host of "Fear Factor."
smiley36.gif

If he wins, well could we expect any less from BLADE?

Did they mention how it was that Snipes first came up as a potential opponent? Were they talking trash to each other or something at one of the events? I admit I'd love to see it, too, although without more knowledge of their backgrounds I'd hesitate to pick a winner at this stage.
smiley36.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
From the article:

"As for Snipes motivation to fight, he wants to rejuvenate his action movie career..." Other motivation for Snipes is the fact that he owes millions of dollars in back taxes. Snipes hasn't had any new movie offers and needs to pay back taxes and hopes this kind of fight could re-launch his career.

Well, there you go.

dkr77

Guru
Snipes was once found to be in possession of a handgun by police at a Louis Farrakhan rally. I have no idea how it played out in court, but He won't take this fight simply because it would be too embarrassing for him to get his ass stomped by a white man in front of millions of people, including nation of islam members. Like most blacks, he's just bumping his gums. Now if they would let him bring four or five of his homies, and catch Rogan with his back turned, then there might be a fight.

KG2422

Mentor
He may think he can win on his blackness alone. The propoganda has many blacks thinking they're Superman.

White_Savage

Mentor
The only thing I've heard of Snipes training in is Karate/Kung Fu/Kali-IOW, stuff that is for "flash" in movie choreography, not for fighting. Unless he's actually done something that's taught him to defend a takedown/fight on the ground, he's dead meat in with a decent submission artist, thousands of NHB fights have proved that.

Even if he won though, the fighting would look very average compared to even low-level proffessional MMA fighters, so it won't happen. Everything to lose and nothing to gain, for Snipes.

dkr77

Guru
I don't understand how Snipes ever became a hollywood action star to begin with. Like so many blacks he has very primitive features and his acting prowess rates right up there with the "mudshark" Sharon Stone. I caught part of a "blade" movie once on HBO and the only thing that made it even remotely watchable were the special effects. It's probably just a matter of time before he winds up in jail and blames racist whites on his failed movie career. Maybe then some of these negro worshipping dolts like jody will send him some money.