CB - Will Thompson

SteveB

Mentor
I have written about Will from Katy TX on the Texas 5A playoff thread, but I thought that I will start a thread on this kid to discuss his recruiting difficulties. Will is the top defensive player in the Houston Area, winner of the Houston Chronicle Defensive Player of the Year. He is 5'-10", 170 lbs and runs a 4.4-4.5 40 yds. He was a three year starter for a Katy team that went to the state final game two of those three years. During that time, he played WR, CB, and returned kicks, and was the best player on the team. His interception in the 2003 final game against Southlake Carroll, sealed the win for Katy. In the 2005 final game, he had a TD rec., a 55 yd punt return that he almost scored on, and in the second half, he played lock down man-to-man defense on SL Carroll receiver Corbin Smiter that was burning them in the first half. This kid is an awesome player.

Unfortunately, he is getting almost no attention from Div. 1 recruiters. He has offers from Air Force and Navy, but TCU is showing some interest and may extend an offer. Let's hope.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I hope he goes to Texas Christian University, in fact I hope Texas Christian becomes much whiter because of the innacurate publicity thrown on them last season by DeBerry. I hear they are recruiting a good number of white players this year. They need to become as white as other MWC conference teams, instead of the opposite happening.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Must be, he's from Katy. I withdraw my former statement for him then.
smiley5.gif

KG2422

Mentor
I remember when Katy was all white. It wasn't too long ago. Anytime whites create a nice place to live ,others are soon to follow.
smiley11.gif

SteveB

Mentor
I don't know who that guy is. Scout.com must have made a mistake. All the more reason not to use Scout.com. Rivals is a much better, more accurate, and more complete database of high school players. Here is a picture of Will.

Edited by: SteveB

SteveB

Mentor
KG2422 said:
I remember when Katy was all white. It wasn't too long ago. Anytime whites create a nice place to live ,others are soon to follow.
smiley11.gif

Katy is still almost all white, they only have two or three blacks on the football team.

SteveB

Mentor
Here is the article in the Houston Chronicle when he won Defensive Player of the Year. I know I keep harping on this kid, but he is really getting screwed.

[url]http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/fbh/3532310.ht ml [/url]

(snip)

"Sounds like the dream recruit. But although Thompson receives many letters from colleges expressing interest, he has only been offered one scholarship â€â€￾ to the Air Force Academy near Colorado Springs, Colo."
Edited by: SteveB

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well, Fisher DeBerry couldn't tell that 3 of TCU's starting defenders were white in that Air Force game, so I guess he can't tell Will is white either!
smiley36.gif
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

SteveB

Mentor
It looks like Will is going to go to Blinn Junior College and see if he can get some looks from the big Div.1 schools down the road. I hope that he is successful because this is a tough road to Div.1. This kid was royally screwed during the recruiting process and I wish him the best of luck.

whiteCB

Master
Yeah your right SteveB this kid is getting royally screwed and it sucks. If only he were black he'd be getting offers from Baylor and Ok St. and alot of other schools. I mean you'd think the Houston Chronical's Defensive player of the year would get a D1 offer becuase its a pretty big deal to get a honor like that in the huge and copmetitive Houston area.

SteveB

Mentor
Will started at CB for 8 games for Blinn who won the NJCAA National Championships. He also returned punts and kicks, averaging 40 yards on kick returns and 12 yards on punt returns, earning All Conference honors. He had two INT on defense. Good job for a freshman. Let's hope some D1 programs take notice.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Just an update from this "way back" thread. Will ended up at FCS Texas State. He played DB for the years he was there and just finished his senior season. It looks like he might be back as a 5th year senior, which would be nice for him to be able to play one more season of football before hanging up his cleats for good. NO WAY a white DB like Will would ever get a sniff from the Negrophile Football League.