Caste Football is on Facebook!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Some posters have expressed a desire for CF to have a presence on Facebook. A good idea, since Facebookovertook Myspace as the largest social networking site in April 2008.

That CF presence on Facebook is now a reality!

So, for those of you who said we should get on Facebook, now is the time for you to become a fan of the CF website pageand become a member of the CF group page. You can find both easily by searching for Caste Football while logged in to Facebook. If someone would like to assist in posting photos, videos, articles, etc. on the page, please let me know.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks Philly. I will let you know, as my freetime is very limited right now.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Hey Reb, what can we do about getting a Caste Football (& ANU) page in Wikipedia? Don said it'd been previously discussed. Are any CF'ers Wikipedia "saavy"?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Pretty much anyone can create a wikipedia entry for something. It doesn't take much savvy to work in wikipedia, just a little time. The task is keeping it up and un-tampered with. A CF entry would be a great target for sabotage, but with a couple of people checking up on it (and keeping a copy of the correct text on their computer) it would not be hard to do.

I used to keep the NFL Racial Policies entry updated withfactual race(non-PC) info, but the last time I checked, they completely took the whole section out. Of course we know that censorship never happens online.
smiley2.gif
smiley5.gif

I can't create a wiki entry for CF from where I am because all of the associated IP addresses in thisarea are blocked from making changes to wikipedia.

It is a great idea though, and would be well worth the effort of creating and maintaining it.Hopefully someone here will take the initiative to do it.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
FYI, since nobody has found the CF website page on Facebook, I'm taking it down. It looks like the CF group page will be more successful. Thanks to those who have added it so far!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
that's probably a good idea, Colonel. especially considering the bizarre move by Facebook to control the messages that users put on it.

Facebook to own all content.
Facebook has changed its TOS (Terms of Service) policy to be able to do anything they want with your content even if you close your account. Facebook can use your name and any content (including words, photos, videos, and audio) for their advertising, books, films, audio, or whatever.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Already added it, hopefully others do too.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Glad to see some more CF posters joining! It's not a big CF presence, yet, but its a start.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Col.Reb, I don't have a FB account, but my wife does. I'll take a gander at it later this evening & forward it to some buddies.