campus flier is "racist"

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
even if the info on the flyer is honest and accurate ... it is racist and denounced.
smiley5.gif

"deez be hate facts, yo!"
smiley2.gif

Fliers on Boise State University campus called racist. the link has video of the news story, with the appropriate "victims" and White idiots represented ... the pertinent transcript portions are below.

Students at Boise State University are calling some fliers offensive and racist.

The literature first surfaced last week on World AIDS Day. It tells people how not to catch AIDS by suggesting no sex with bisexuals or people who inject drugs. But the language that has students most concerned is about African Americans.

Senior Jalara Walker, an African-American, came to BSU from California. She's loved her time on campus, but that changed last week after she found several fliers in a class.

"I really thought that stuff like this was over,"Â￾ Walker said.

The fliers read: "Don't Catch AIDS!"Â￾ at the top. At the bottom they say: "Blacks are walking STD factories"Â￾ and "once u go black we don't want u back."Â￾

Walker said she laughed at first, thinking it absurd, but then left class to report it to the dean's office.

"It just makes me uncomfortably aware that I shouldn't be here. That's what I feel like. I don't want to go back to school,"Â￾ Walker said.

Dwight Murphy saw a woman last week stuffing newspapers at a campus newsstand with those fliers.

"She didn't look anymore out of place than any student here,"Â￾ Murphy said.

As the advertising manager for "The Arbiter"Â￾, the student paper, Murphy told her she could not do that.

He didn't know what her handouts said, but as soon as he found out he called police.

"I would personally love it if they could figure out who did it and catch them,"Â￾ Wakeley said.

"I don't want to sit in a classroom and think that people don't want me to be there or people think any less of me because I'm black,"Â￾ Walker said.

The president of the Black Student Alliance says the flier is insulting to the entire campus, not just black students. Out of BSU's nearly 19,000 students, 361 are black.
as an aside, i did some research this afternoon on this story ... and of the 361 black students enrolled at Boise State, AT LEAST 72 are on BSU athletic teams.

(the numbers i tabulated are as follows: Men's sports: basketball - 8 blacks, football - 42 blacks, track & field - 4 blacks, wrestling - 1 black; Women's sports: basketball - 6 blacks, gymnastics - 2 blacks, track & field - 9 blacks.)

that is, AT LEAST 20% (or precisely 19.94%) of the black "student" body are on campus based on attributes not related to academic qualifications. that leaves 289 non-athletic blacks of 19,000 students at Boise State, or 1.52%. i'll leave it to you to determine what that means about blacks at Boise State and how important they are to the academic community.

also, i'll leave it to you to determine why Boise State should ignore the well established FACTS that blacks are exponentially more likely to be positive for Sexually Transmitted Diseases, which was the point of the flyer,(not to mention exponentially higher crime rates, etc.) than WhitesAND denounce the truth tellers who made the flyer in order to pander to such a tiny fragment of the "student" population. again, that would be ... 19,000 students of whom AT MOST a meager 1.52% are smart and black (the 289 non-athletic blacks on campus).

yes, it makes complete sense ... the BSU official position should be to allow the 1.52% to determine the policy of the 98.48%.what agreatidea ...
smiley5.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Hehe!! One fact I do know is 75 % of the world's AIDS carriers are black. Try and say this to someone and you will be called a racist simply for stating a fact.

G

All depends how you word it, place blacks as the victims and the unthinking libs will gush with concern.

Called the police??? I didn't know thought crime laws were being enforced here...yet.

As for the flier, I could live without the cutesy "u" for you. This is a very serious issue and it should be treated as such. Otherwise, good job spreading the "hate facts."

StarWars

Mentor
Correction: It's only racism if it involves blacks in a negative way, or whites in a positive way. All problems with blacks are caused by cultural constraints created by whites, and bad genetics can only apply to whites, like in sports! Because black people are far more athletic than whites, and would be every bit as smart and civiized if they had the advantages only whites possess because whites are evil.