Brian Hartline

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This blurb is from a fantasy football site asserting that Hartline's stock is rising, yet they still view him as only a "#5 WR" after a thousand yard season with no other decent receivers on the team and with a young QB that looks like a star. Fantasy players should take Hartline as their third receiver and reap the benefits.

Brian Hartline, WR, MIA - Hartline has been universally disrespected in fantasy circles because he only had one score last year and a good part of this production came in one epic game vs. Arizona. Still, all reports have him as Ryan Tannehill’s main man, and now his cornerback matchups will improve with Mike Wallace in the fold. He’s a pick as your WR5 in the early double-digit rounds if you have a lot of risky picks among your top wide receivers like Danny Amendola and Kenny Britt.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Hartline has been getting a lot less targets lately and it coincides with Wallace's reported whining after week 3. Wallace has 5 more targets now, but less catches and is catching exactly 50% of the balls thrown to him. Hartline has been the more reliable receiver.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Here are the numbers: Hartline has caught 25 of 39 balls (64.1%) thrown his way and still has a slightly better yards per catch than Wallace and he has 2 TDs.

Wallace has caught 22 of 44 balls and has 1 TD although he does have a better longest catch.

These guys could work well as a tandem, but Wallace should realize how lucky he is to get that big of a contract. Please, stop the whining new guy.

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Hartline is a wonderful receiver and I'm very happy he is starting and playing on the outside.
But to your point, he usually goes down on first contact, and will need to find the end zone more often in order to more firmly establish himself.

Hartline is a wonderful receiver and I'm very happy he is starting and playing on the outside.
But to your point, he usually goes down on first contact, and will need to find the end zone more often in order to more firmly establish himself.

I think there are some reasons for that. Hartline catches a lot of passes over the middle in front of the safeties, and has to hit the deck a lot right after the catch. Also, and this one is on him, he has one of the worst stiff-arms in the game. He could improve that. He usually covers the ball with both arms when being tackled. That's fine in certain circumstances, but use that off arm to get loose at least sometimes. As for touchdowns, I don't think he gets very many targets in the red zone. I had him in fantasy football this year, and it sure didn't seem like it.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Hartline still gets no respect in the Fantasy Football World even after having back to back 1,000 yard seasons. In this article, he pops up on a "top 5 sleepers" list. You'd have to be "sleeping" to not know Brian Hartline at this point.

Brian Hartline, WR, Miami Dolphins

Brian Hartline currently has an ADP of 14.04 in standard-scoring leagues, going as the 62nd receiver. Our rankings identify Hartline as solid value at this spot, as we have him projected to finish 37th.

Hartline has proven to be a paragon of consistency over the last two seasons, finishing 2012 with 74 receptions for 1,083 yards and 1 touchdown, and 2013 with 76 receptions for 1016 yards and 4 scores. In this two-year span, Hartline has accounted for almost a quarter (24.4%) of the Dolphins passing targets, and has displayed week-to-week consistency, falling below five targets in a game only twice since Week 13 of the 2011 season.

Hartline is also one of the most valuable tools in the Dolphins passing attack, leading the team in 2013 with a Reception NEP of 81.97, good for 25th in the league. This production compares favorably to more highly drafted players such as Wes Welker (27th in the league) and Victor Cruz (35th).
So in summary, Brian is consistent, efficient and productive, yet DWF's think there are 61 better receivers in the NFL. They gotta chase that "upside" instead of drafting a guy who's a lock for 1,000 yards. I've been "awake" to the stupidity of the DWF for nearly 8 years now, but sometimes they still surprise me with their profound ignorance.

Any CFers who play fantasy football in standard DWF leagues, should load up on the premier White talent in earlier rounds and then snag "sleeper" Brian Hartline later on.

http://www.numberfire.com/nfl/lists...ball-draft/brian-hartline-wr-miami-dolphins-2

TwentyTwo

Master
Yeah...Only if you are white can you have consecutive 1,000 yard seasons & still be referred to as "steady" like Brian Hartline. He's got that sneaky speed!

98% of those supposed guru Fantasy FB Schmo's have never played football in their lives & can only identify him in themselves. How does he do it they say? The gritty, polished, lunch-pail overachiever, really gets the most out of his ability. He huffs & puffs his way to the end-zone.

Last edited:

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I bet he outplays Wallace 2 years in a row. Heard it here first!

Hartline still gets no respect in the Fantasy Football World even after having back to back 1,000 yard seasons. In this article, he pops up on a "top 5 sleepers" list. You'd have to be "sleeping" to not know Brian Hartline at this point.

So in summary, Brian is consistent, efficient and productive, yet DWF's think there are 61 better receivers in the NFL. They gotta chase that "upside" instead of drafting a guy who's a lock for 1,000 yards. I've been "awake" to the stupidity of the DWF for nearly 8 years now, but sometimes they still surprise me with their profound ignorance.

Any CFers who play fantasy football in standard DWF leagues, should load up on the premier White talent in earlier rounds and then snag "sleeper" Brian Hartline later on.

http://www.numberfire.com/nfl/lists...ball-draft/brian-hartline-wr-miami-dolphins-2

The biggest problem in drafting Hartline is that he simply IS NOT targeted in the red zone. If he doesn't catch it and run 40 yards, he's probably not going to score. I would also bet that he has the fewest targets of any 1000 yard receiver. I had him last year, and he was consistent, but he can go an entire half with his only targets being a deep ball or two. Very frustrating. The guy's a great player.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
After being cut by the Dolphins Hartline signed a two year deal with the Browns. The deal is for two years for 6 million. The Browns got themselves a big bargain with this signing.

Hartline is a deep threat, which teams are always looking for.

I'm looking forward to a lot of Manziel to Hartline completions.

Tannehill17

Mentor
I'll miss Hartline. He was hated here in Miami by the DWF's because he didn't get many yards after the catch, but the guy always caught everything that was thrown his way. I hope he tears it up in Cleveland.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Signing Hartline was a steal for the Browns.

He's a quality receiver.

PHillisFan

Master
Seems like Hartline was not happy with Manziel at qb.

Brian Hartline is expected to benefit from the return of Josh McCown.
Hartline has just two catches for 20 yards on eight targets through two weeks. By the sound of it, he didn't exactly enjoy playing with Johnny Manziel. "I like to be where I am supposed to be and Josh likes to throw on time and all that kind of stuff," Hartline said. "Pretty easy chemistry. ... I think Josh has a good feel for going from read to read and really moving the ball around." Hartline is a WR5. Sep 25 - 9:12 AM]

It's a shame he and Johnny could not form any chemistry. Of course, this is what happens when you run with the 2's. You don't get enough time with the starters.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Hartline was released by the Brown's today. Hopefully this isn't the end of the line for Hartline. I'd like to see him end up with a contender after his time in bottom dweller Cleveland. He's been underused pretty much his whole career which leads me to believe he's got a lot left in the tank.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
To cut Brian is really disgusting, even for the Caste NFL. After Travis Benjamin signed with San Diego, Hartline became the number one receiver on the Browns by default. Then they drafted all those receivers with boundless upside three weeks ago, but I didn't expect Hartline to be outright cut in May. But then again, the new regime in Cleveland looks to be giving Buffalo a run in the black lives are all that matter department.

Gerhart and Cooper appear done in the NFL, now we get to see if there will be any interest in two-time thousand yard receiver Brian Hartline as a backup.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The anti-Whites at weenieworld seem to think there will be a lot of interest in Hartline as a 3rd or 4th receiver. There take on the release is that the Browns are tanking 2016 as a strategy. Therefore they actually think of Brian as a valuable piece who could help them win. Also, it doesn't show much faith in The Gremlin.

Heretic

Master
Yeah, and apparently the anti-White Caste approach is still outweighing their supposed "moneyball" approach, because if they really were utilizing the "moneyball" approach, Hartline would still have a job and one or two of those black WR stiffs would be looking for one.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hartline is now a coach with Ohio State. No NFL team wanted the two-time thousand yard receiver who was still in his prime even as a backup last year, so this is a good move by him.

On the same day it returned from spring break for its third spring practice, the Ohio State football program officially announced new additions to its staff, including some familiar faces for Buckeyes fans.

Ohio State’s newest staff members include:

Former Ohio State and NFL wide receiver Brian Hartline. While Hartline’s official title has yet to be announced, an Ohio State spokesperson indicated earlier this month that he is
serving as a coaching intern. A Buckeyes receiver from 2005-2008, Hartline caught 90 catches for 1,429 yards and 12 touchdowns. He spent seven seasons in the NFL — six with the Miami Dolphins and one with the Cleveland Browns — recording 344 catches for 4,766 and 14 touchdowns.

https://www.landof10.com/ohio-state...s-including-brian-hartline-lou-holtz-grandson

sprintstar

Mentor
Hartline is now a coach with Ohio State. No NFL team wanted the two-time thousand yard receiver who was still in his prime even as a backup last year, so this is a good move by him.

On the same day it returned from spring break for its third spring practice, the Ohio State football program officially announced new additions to its staff, including some familiar faces for Buckeyes fans.

Ohio State’s newest staff members include:

Former Ohio State and NFL wide receiver Brian Hartline. While Hartline’s official title has yet to be announced, an Ohio State spokesperson indicated earlier this month that he is
serving as a coaching intern. A Buckeyes receiver from 2005-2008, Hartline caught 90 catches for 1,429 yards and 12 touchdowns. He spent seven seasons in the NFL — six with the Miami Dolphins and one with the Cleveland Browns — recording 344 catches for 4,766 and 14 touchdowns.

https://www.landof10.com/ohio-state...s-including-brian-hartline-lou-holtz-grandson
it is a sad day when a guy like that with elite talent has to turn to coaching, yet it can only help the Buckeyes.