Boston Bans ’Ultimate Fighting’ Event

Bear-Arms

Mentor
BOSTON - City officials have pulled the plug on an "ultimate fighting" event and are threatening to ban the kicking and punching bouts altogether, saying they incite crowds and threaten public safety.

Police and licensing officials blocked a competition planned for this Saturday even though ultimate fighting is legal and is regulated by the Massachusetts Boxing Commission.

"This is not something the city of Boston is going to sanction at this point," said Patricia Malone, head of the city's licensing department.

The fighting is "extremely dangerous" and "incites the crowd. It's definitely a public safety issue," she said.

Ultimate fighting features brawlers inside caged rings. Fights are won by knockout or submission, which usually occurs when a participant is trapped in a dangerous hold. It is legal in most states, but is banned in Illinois and St. Paul, Minn.

"It's basically a mix of 10 styles of fighting that are all legal," said Pat Schultz, 29, a participant from Wareham. "I think the sport might be getting a bad rap from people who don't know about it."

Six hundred tickets were sold for Saturday's event, promoter Mike Varner said. He plans to move the event to a facility in Taunton. "We're licensed. It's regulated. We have insurance," he said.

Ultimate fighting supporters say no one has died in a sanctioned bout. However, at least 10 people have died in "Toughman" amateur boxing matches since that competition started 25 years ago.

Just this weekend, Daniel Quirk, 22, was fatally injured while taking part in a pro wrestling event called Ultimate Championship Wrestling, also in Taunton. Authorities said Quirk, of Shelton, Conn., was outside the ring and attempted to catch another wrestler diving from the top rope. He was knocked off his feet and hit his head on the floor, police said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050601/ap_on_re_us/ultimate_fig hting_ban

White_Savage

Mentor
If the Bostonians were truly concerned about violence, danger, and incitement, they would ban football. Or ********.

I thought the anti-mma nonsense was over. The fact that UFC plays to white strengths must be sinking in with the NWO. Hopefully it's already too popular for the NWO to suppress. Edited by: White_Savage

White_Savage

Mentor
Question:

Why does this forum automatically turn the acronym wich represents Zionist Occupation Government into the letters NWO instead?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Good thing the current leadership of Boston wasn't around in 1776:

" Tea party?? Heaven forbid, we might upset His Majesty and my gosh,
someone might get hurt heaving those big boxes of tea over the side of
the ship!!"

Unfortunately, the hardy pilgrim stock that once settled the northeast
United States 200 years ago appears to be long gone.
smiley5.gif

White_Savage

Mentor
Well, truth be told the &*%$#@! Puritans would probably ban UFC, just as they banned plays or wearing bright colors, anything fun being apparently verboten in the Puritan mindset. (Just as is the case with the Jews, there is a REASON their European neighbors didn't like them.)

Fortunately men like Thomas Jefferson had more to do with shaping this country than men like Cotton Mather.

P.S. NWO I mean Z.O.G. Man that automatic censor is too funny! Just a little Orwellian ya think guys?
smiley4.gif
Edited by: White_Savage

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Geez, White_Savage, where did you put your sense of humor?? LOL

My post wasn't meant to be a history lesson or a referendum on the real
pilgrims. Besides, the pilgrims weren't the ones who threw the tea
party anyway!
smiley2.gif

And this post isn't meant to start a thread on whether the Boston Tea Party actually occurred, either!!
smiley36.gif

Bear-Arms

Mentor
White Shogun, it's funny you mention this, but I am a Boston Tea Party revisionist. You see there is no pyshical evidence that such an event occured. Where is all the tea? Nobody has ever proven such tea existed there at that time. Eyewitness accounts are not reliable sources to revisionist. Written documentation is either forgeries or doctored, by liberal pluralists. I think most historian's have misinterpreted this farce!

IceSpeed2

Guru
I will post on the tea party in Happy Hour.

Patricia Malone, no offense to women, is the problem with feminism.
smiley1.gif

Just exaggerating, but seriously, Ultimate Fighting can bring a new sense of
toughness to America. It needs more clean-cut champions and it is
the future. It could do for American culture, what Constantine
did for Rome.

Edited by: IceSpeed2