Bob Sapp wins a fight!

White_Savage

Mentor
Been catching up on MMA news

Wow, who'd a thunk it, with ONLY 365 lbs of muscle to work with, big Bob Sapp managed to defeat a Korean who weighted 100 lbs. less than him (after getting hammered and cut by the smaller man's superior boxing skills), and now he's managed to triumph over a pot-bellied Russian who was described as an "arm-wrestling" champion. Whoa, stop the presses, could we be looking at the next champ here?
smiley4.gif

Of course, in a K-1 tournament awhile back, he managed to endure a savage beating and TKO Ernesto Hoost, whom SOME people assert is the "greatest" kickboxer ever. Unfortunately, Sapp broke his hand doing so and could not advance.

By way of comparison, Sapp not only got a beating from CroCop, he got KTFO. Hey, I'm just saying...
smiley4.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
"arm-wrestling" champion?

Hey, I know a guy who is good at checkers, maybe he can fight in the K-1?

White_Savage

Mentor
You know, theres no question that Sapp is a physical monster and could be quite dominant if he ever developed some decent level SPEED and SKILL...hmmm, can I hear another stereotype crashing down.

Makes me wonder if Sapp is the tip of the iceberg, wonder what would happen if a camp started training World's Strongest Man types for MMA. Might have to introduce maybe a 285+ weight class, if nothing else.

White_Savage

Mentor
BTW, according to BlackBelt, the Russkie actually took Sapp down and got top position, they grappled clumsily until the ref declared stalemate and stood them back up, at which point Sapp actually landed a punch and KOed the guy.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Sap was just ko'd in a minute by a fat dude with a record of 14-12. Fun to watch, Sap tried to turtle and spin, then crashed like a blimp on fire...
smiley36.gif
Edited by: white is right

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
I live in Japan and have for 13 of the past 18 years, including a few in the Navy in the early`90s. I know a good bit about Bob Sapp. He is a fraud who failed a drug test for steroids in hisrookie year in the NFL and was never heard from again in football. In fact, Sapp was the highest drafted player that year-in the 3rd round by theBears-to be cut by his original team. He was picked up by theVikings and actually tried as a backup O-lineman for a game or two before getting nailed on the drug test. (And, of course, Sapp never used PEDs during his college days at theUniversity of Washington.)Things got so bad for Bob that, after flopping in pro wrestling and whatever other "fighting sports" he tried, he worked in a morgue to make ends meet until some Japanese promoter saw video of him and said, "Here`s a guy who can entertain the Japanese." (And, of course, he has stayed clean after the one failed NFL test. He just keeps getting bigger and bigger through hard work in the weight room. Err...well, he actually admits he does little training, so I guess this is not a plausible explanation)

InJapan the past several years, Sapp has played the role of the Magic Negro that the Japanese like. They periodically want a big, scaryblack to entertain them in a variety of ways, and Sapphas beenonly too willing to oblige. And it is not just white foreigners here who can`t stand Sapp,not a few blacks feel that he degrades all of them-if such a thing is really possible-by catering to the entertainment whims of the Japanese as some sort of a cross between"The Beast" and apathetic clown.

And, yeah, he proved once again that he sucks at fighting. Good work, Bob!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Van_Slyke, other than steroids is there any thing else negative you can say about Sapp, other than that he is seen as a clown or entertainer by the Japanese?

Has he ever been arrested for possession or distribution of narcotics? Assault? Theft? Is he some kinda thug gangster rapper type guy?

I don't want to be painted as some kind of Bob Sapp nut hugger or whatever, but from what I've read of him he doesn't come across like another Pac Man Jones or anything.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
White Shogun: No, I`ve never heard anything that would put him in a league with PacMan Jones or the like as far as assault, theft and the other things you mention. If he had done anything of the sort, I would have said so.

What have you read about him, White Shogun?Unless you`ve lived in Japan, or at leastregularly visited sites that are Japan-related over the past several years, I doubt very seriously that you`ve gotten anywhere near thereal story onBob Sapp.Did you read thatmushy garbage on Yahoo the other day by Dave Meltzer? If you know something-positive or negative-that contradicts any of my statements in the two posts, please tell me.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
A few more comments, White Shogun, that I should have mentioned before.

I was interested in this story after reading the crap on Yahoo the other day. After reading the above comments, "Wow, who'd a thunk it, with ONLY 365 lbs of muscle to work with, big Bob Sapp managed to defeat a Korean who weighted 100 lbs. less than him (after getting hammered and cut by the smaller man's superior boxing skills),"from White Savage, and, "Sap is either a genetic freak or on a lot of gear or both," from Alpha Male, I felt compelled to contribute a little of what I know about Bob "The Beast" Sapp.

Poacher

Mentor
A white S. African beat him in 55 sec.

This isn't exactly news but Sapp lacks heart.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Van_Slyke_CF said:
White Shogun: No, I`ve never heard anything that would put him in a league with PacMan Jones or the like as far as assault, theft and the other things you mention. If he had done anything of the sort, I would have said so.

What have you read about him, White Shogun? Unless you`ve lived in Japan, or at least regularly visited sites that are Japan-related over the past several years, I doubt very seriously that you`ve gotten anywhere near the real story on Bob Sapp. Did you read that mushy garbage on Yahoo the other day by Dave Meltzer? If you know something-positive or negative-that contradicts any of my statements in the two posts, please tell me.

I haven't read anything that contradicts what you said, Van_Slyke. I didn't read the article on Yahoo about him, either. I had never heard of any 'thug' rumors circulating around Sapp, and wondered if there was anything like that out there in the Japanese news.

He doesn't seem like a bad guy, but yeah, you'd think with his size and strength he'd be better than he is.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Sap still doesn't understand how to stall when you are stunned. His ko last night reminded me of Gastineau getting stretched by journeymen heavyweights. I guess its back to beating up on 200 Japanese fighters for "The Beast". The only fight where Bob looked like anything like his persona was the Nogueria fight until he gassed out and was arm barred. Does anybody have any idea why he was rejected by the WWF?

Although I do not know a great deal about Bob Sapp I must say that he seems like a somewhat likeable character in the sense that he does not run around dressed up like tupac shakur. He seems more like a comedian than anythng when he fights to tell ya the truth. For a man his size to get bitch slapped on a regular basis is really ridiculous.

guest301

Hall of Famer
aussieaussie31 said:
Although I do not know a great deal about Bob Sapp I must say that he seems like a somewhat likeable character in the sense that he does not run around dressed up like tupac shakur. He seems more like a comedian than anythng when he fights to tell ya the truth. For a man his size to get bitch slapped on a regular basis is really ridiculous.

He wouldn't get bitchslapped so often as you put it if he limited himself to bar fights, street fights(Kimbo Slice) and toughman contests. He instead has gone into the professional MMA world and he is a below average fighter at best. He's a real badass in the movies however.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
guest301 said:
aussieaussie31 said:

He wouldn't get bitchslapped so often as you put it if he limited himself to bar fights, street fights(Kimbo Slice) and toughman contests. He instead has gone into the professional MMA world and he is a below average fighter at best. He's a real badass in the movies however.

LOL! Indeed! Sapp would definitely tear apart the average mug walking the streets, but he's way overmatched versus most K-1 & pro MMA fighters (skill, cardio & chin).

guest301 wrote:
aussieaussie31 wrote:

Dixie wrote
LOL! Indeed! Sapp would definitely tear apart the average mug walking the streets, but he's way overmatched versus most K-1 & pro MMA fighters (skill, cardio & chin).

------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------

I was not insinuating for a minute that a average Joe off the street would "Bitch Slap" Bob Sapp. I understand full and well thank you that a man with his size and athleticism alone would be too much to handle for a common man. However, I still find it ironic that he never wins his fights. And to second that, not every fighter he has lost to is world class. There have been some world class fighters that have beat him for sure. However if you take up a trade you have to seek to improve. I have seen zero improvement on his behalf after several years of fighting. If I went to someone's house to repair their pipes and I consistently failed to properly replace them guess what? I would be seeking another line of employment. Same goes for a fighter. Either improve, or find another trade instead of looking like a god damn circus act.Edited by: aussieaussie31

white is right

Hall of Famer
Well Bob lost again....
smiley36.gif
This time to a guy who was literally half his weight and half a foot shorter. Will Vince McMahon hire this guy already....
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
Bobby Lashley is Sapp's next opponnet. A victory for either fighter will prove nothing.