Billy Miller?

referendum

Mentor
Is Saints TE Billy Miller white? In his photo at yahoo sports he looks mulatto, was born in LA, and went to USC, so I'm wondering about him.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
He's got something way back, but he also has freckles. He seemed to be treated white to me, but thats just my opinion.

Miller_Billy.jpg

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
His middle name is RoShawn for those of you who doubt he is black by America's "one drop of blood" rule.
smiley36.gif

cslewis1

Guru
not white to me.

white tornado

Mentor
Ive seen many blacks with freckles and hair as blond as any white person. He's black, remember its one drop your black not one drop your white.

"...remember its one drop your black not one drop your white."

Damn straight. Remember Halle Berry and the Oscar award a few years back? It was the black half that won that Oscar, not the white.

Tony Dungy is a "black" coach, although there was a little white thrown in there.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
So now we're back to the one-drop rule. OK. Let's now apply this to every other athlete who may be questionable and see how long the thread gets.

backrow

Hall of Famer
lol, true that Col. i just go by my gut instinct and by how general public media perceives the guy.

hence: Tedy Bruschi - white but Tony Dungy clearly black.

one drop "rule" is just stupid, imo

white tornado

Mentor
There are a few athletes we debate on here at caste who we realy DO NOT KNOW if they have any none white mixture, but THERE IS NO DENYING THIS GUY IS BLACK.

So whats next Jason Kids white.

C Darwin

Mentor
With all due respect to everybody's opinion, the mater of ones race is not up to any of us. In the situations of interracial children, a person should be (and is) allowed to decide what race they will affiliate with. Only Billy Miller can answer the question of this thread. I don't give credit to the one drop rule, but I do give credit to the one check rule. That is if a person fills out any bio-informational form and checks anything other than white, they can no longer be considered white.

Using media portrayal as a means to determine races may not be the best tool.

white tornado

Mentor
I Disagre with that.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well, I don't believe in using just the media's treatment of a player to determine his race either. Any of you who have been on CF for a while know I believe that if a player is questionable, we should use a combination of media treatment and the behavior of the individual in question. The "one check" idea also has some creedence and follows in line with my thinking. If a person identifies themself as white and acts as one, I have a tough time calling them something else. It is a tricky subject, no doubt, and thats why I try to get people to think a little before making these "all or nothing" claims. If that was the case, very few of us would be real whites. Feel free to disagree, but this is my opinion.

white tornado

Mentor
In the situations of interracial children, a person should be (and is) allowed to decide what race they will affiliate with.

So your saying that a person with 50% black ancestery is white.

but I do give credit to the one check rule. That is if a person fills out any bio-informational form and checks anything other than white, they can no longer be considered white

Well I'm no longer white because I once checked black on a test.( It was for an armed forces aptitud test that I purposely bombed)

C Darwin

Mentor
white tornado said:
So your saying that a person with 50% black ancestery is white.
If a mulatto wants to affiliate, and adhere to white values and culture, I would take the half-fro american over eminem anyday. Due to affirmative action, this rarely happens.

black tornado said:
Well I'm no longer white because I once checked black on a test.( It was for an armed forces aptitud test that I purposely bombed)

Funny story. but i'm guessing you are not a mix of races.

white tornado

Mentor
You can't have any non Europen traits and by white. You can have had a non european ancester in the past as long as it was far enough in the past were the genes are wiped out by the Eureopean genes.

You can be black and conforn to white culture but your still black.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i never hadany lingering doubts on Miller, to be honest, even Nick Goings looks whiter to me.

Bart

Hall of Famer
C Darwin said:
If a mulatto wants to affiliate, and adhere to white values and culture, I would take the half-fro american over eminem anyday. Due to affirmative action, this rarely happens.

It doesn't matter if a mulatto wants to be white one weekor decides to black the next. The person is 1/2 black and 1/2 white. Eminem is white. Being a wigger doesn't change his race.His genes are white. Edited by: Bart

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I know white guys that look a lot like Miller, but if I am wrong, then I apologize for printing stats on him, which may be how this debate got started. As I've said before, this constant debate really doesn't do much for me. I'll just stick to providing information on those we agree (at least for now) are white.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
It's okay, Reb, I thought he was white, too, especially walking around all the other black players on the field.

I thought Moorehead of the Colts was white, too, til I hit his NFL player page.