Bill Romanowski

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Was just reading an AP article on Marcus Williams' civil suit against Bill Romanowski. Williams is seeking $3.8 million as a result of injuries suffered in a training camp fight in August of '03.

We all know Romanowski is one of the most demonized white athletes of our time. The Sporting News just this week has an article about previous "bad boy" Raiders now that Randy Moss has been traded to Oakland, and Romo is mentioned along with the spitting incident that occurred when he was on Denver. How many blacks have spit over the years, but only Romanowski is never forgiven for doing it.

The media would undoubtedly love to see Williams prevail in order to have an example that can be cited for years of white brutality and white-on-black violence.

Here's a snippet from the article:

"Romanowski's lawyer, Jeffrey Springer, told jurors that Williams wasn't attacked from behind but actively engaged in a fight with his teammate. "They got locked up in mutual combat," Springer said.

"Springer also suggested that Williams' lawsuit was motivated by money, and that Williams deliberately undermined cognitive tests done to gauge the extent of his brain injury by smoking marijuana.

"'This case is about a payday,'" Springer said.

"The attack occurred after Williams blocked Romanowski during an early season practice. After the play, Romanowski came up to Williams from behind, tore off his teammate's helmet and socked him."

Read the first paragraph and then the last one. The first one gives part of Romanowski's defense -- that he didn't come up from behind on Williams and ambush him. But then the last paragraph states Williams' position as fact -- "Romanowski came up to Williams from behind. . ."

The AP reporter has quite blatantly taken Williams position and stated it as fact rather than as one opinion in a contested legal controversy!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2002577

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Man, what a crock! The self hating liberal media will never stop. Maybe one day when they get lied about and sued they'll change their tune.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Hey Fellas, Romanowski is the antithesis of the type of player medialackeys love. Hewas one tough son of a gun who didn't take any guff. He stood his ground as few white players do, refusing to be intimidated by the trash talkers. Do you remember all the heat he took for using the SACRED -N- word ? The black players use the word constantly, calling each other nigg++ is almost like saying Whazzz Up? But oh my God if a white guy utters the word everyone is offended and the wrath of God is unleashed! Three cheers for Romo!

Kaptain

Master
My favorite memory of Romo is of him hyperextending shannon sharpe's arm. I'm sure if Romo really attack the guy from behind he would have been mauled by his black teammates.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
billroman.jpg

Bart

Hall of Famer
Linebackers have a reputation for being mean, nasty, ilntense and out of control at times. Butkus, Nitschke, Lambert, Curtiss to name a few. They developed an image which helped them intimidate the opposition. So, why is Romo more hated than let's say the boy scout Ray Lewis?

News quote: December 1997: Broncos linebacker Bill Romanowski had a national audience Monday night when he spit in the face of San Francisco wide receiver J.J. Stokes ... Television replays clearly showed Romanowski spitting on Stokes in the third quarter of San Francisco's 34-17 win over the Broncos. "I think the worst thing you can do to a person, especially of our background and race, is to spit in his face," said Romanowski's teammate, Shannon Sharpe. The league fined Romanowski $7,500.

Ah yes, the race card was played. But what happens when a black commits the same type or worse act towards a white?Nobody gives a damn. Whites are not a protected species, they are not given the exhalted status of other races. When was the last time a black player was called a bigot ? It's a ONE way street.

okra63

Guru
Guys, I believe you are right. White people are not protected anymore. Romo is a great player, now you got to admit it is unsportsmanlike to spit in another players face, but had Romo been black and J.J. Stokes white nothing much would have been done. White people need to do right and not stoop to the blacks level.

The main point I am trying to make is white people don't get the same treatment as other races because we always find ways to stoop to a lower level than the other races to try to gain respect. The roles of whites and blacks have been reversed from the '50's and 60's.

JD074

Master
The other thing that is never pointed out about the "spitting
incident" is that the other guy was clearly getting in Romo's
face and trash talking. He probably called him a "white boy" or
"white mother****er" and Romo retaliated. That's not an
excuse, but it puts it into perspective. Stokes was probably a
punk and deserved it.

Romo tested positive for THG. Steroids was most likely part of
the reason for his aggressiveness. Of course, you could say
the same thing about Laurence Taylor and his cocaine-fueled
aggression.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Romo'sown black "teammates" were upset after the spitting incident. Big-mouth Sharpe received all the national publicity, as the media has always catered to him -- and now the entire country gets to try tofigure outwhat language he is speaking asa TV analyst -- but Romanowski had to address the entire team and make a tearful apology. It shows you how race trumps the concept of team in sports, and is another reason the NFL maintains the caste system as it does -- toappeaseblacks.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Here's a case of a black spitting on a white. There was not a whole lot of outrage over the incident. A google search of "bill romanowski spit j.j. stokes" (without the quotes) has 803 results. A search of "dexter manley spit jim dombrowski" has a total of 18. The Dexter Manley incident happen before the advent of the internet, so it does figure that the results would naturally be lower, but you still get theimpression that it will not be part of his bio.

http://redskins.scout.com/2/311883.html

- 11/6/88â€â€￾Politicians are infamous for using dirty tricks to win elections and Dexter Manley pulled one off to help his Redskins win. The Saints were in position to kick a game-clinching field goal, but their tackle Jim Dombrowski took a swing at Manley and the ensuing 15-yard penalty put the kick out of Morten Anderson's range. It turns out that Manley had spit (he says he "sneezed", but we know better) in Dombrowski's face to provoke the punch and the Skins won 27-24...Edited by: Quiet Speed

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yep, the double standard rules in the Caste System.

kevin

Guru
do you all remember when romo broke shannon sharpes arm. romo was covering him and pulled him down and broke his arm. Sharpe was out for four weeks after that, good job romo.

okra63

Guru
Shannon Sharpe talks a lot of trash and so do a lot of people in sports. Blacks and whites talk a lot. Romo was a good football player, but a low life to do what he did. Anyone who takes steroids and spits in someone's face is white trash.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I think you mis-spoke there okra63, just plain trash would be better. After all, they wouldn't be white trash if they were black, would they? Just having some fun with you man. I think both guys are stupid for spitting, but Bill was an intimidator, and I think that's what made him unique.

In the end, all I see is a white player who would let his instincts take over
(all steroid theories about aggression aside). While most whites today
instinctively back off against blacks, he went right at them when they
tried to talk crap or started dirty pool. Same went for Howie Long, he
would never let anyone try to intimidate him - he was the collegiate
heaveyweight champ at one time before he hit the NFL.

Picture the tough whites from the 60's and earlier in the NFL - they didn't
back off from blacks, although the media deification hadn't hit high gear
yet.Edited by: Colonel Callan

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I know what you mean colonel, I don't think Matt Jones will back down from anyone either. I think we are seeing the beginnings of a movement by whites who aren't worried about what people say about them and aren't scared of anything walking the face of the earth. Of course there will always be the suck ups who fear the media, but I think some guys are changing this trend. I hope it continues to grow.

Black Guy

Quiet Speed said:
Here's a case of a black spitting on a white. There was not a whole lot of outrage over the incident. A google search of "bill romanowski spit j.j. stokes" (without the quotes) has 803 results. A search of "dexter manley spit jim dombrowski" has a total of 18. The Dexter Manley incident happen before the advent of the internet, so it does figure that the results would naturally be lower, but you still get theimpression that it will not be part of his bio.

http://redskins.scout.com/2/311883.html

- 11/6/88â€â€￾Politicians are infamous for using dirty tricks to win elections and Dexter Manley pulled one off to help his Redskins win. The Saints were in position to kick a game-clinching field goal, but their tackle Jim Dombrowski took a swing at Manley and the ensuing 15-yard penalty put the kick out of Morten Anderson's range. It turns out that Manley had spit (he says he "sneezed", but we know better) in Dombrowski's face to provoke the punch and the Skins won 27-24...

This has got be the most ignorant comparison I have ever seen. The Dexter Manley incident happenned before the Internet was even here. It was so long ago noone even remembers it to even put it on the net.

okra63

Guru
Man, apparently somone remembers because it is on the net according to these guys. It doesn't matter both incidents should have never happened.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yep, okra63, they both could have been avoided if people acted like people instead of animals.

okra63

Guru
Yep, sure coud have been avoided. People get caught up in the moment and don't think very much. People are not taught how to act now-a-days.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
These two events are getting somewhat dated now, 1997 and 1988.