Barry Bonds Returning?

I don't watch ESPN Sportcenter much anymore, but I saw it this evening. A topic of discussion was whether a team will sign Barry Bonds to help make the playoffs. ESPN's announcers were favorable to this idea. "Why doesn't a team sign Barry Bonds. He will help their offense," they said in effect. A couple of "experts" came on and said that no one would sign Bonds because of the bad publicity this would bring. Peter Gammons was one of those who said that Bonds was unwanted but Gammons also said, "I would like to see Barry Bonds back. I love to watch him hit."

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
I'm sure a lot of people "like to watch the Rocket pitch", too, unfortunately the media has already sentenced him to death, haven't they.

Self-hating white chumps are always quick to gush over black criminals; it's like they think that being nice to someone who hates you will somehow make them like you.

It just makes them sound both weak and condescending at the same time.

On a rocket to the moon to save humanity, they shouldn't have a seat.

I just caught an ESPN announcer (again) calling for someone to sign Barry Bonds. He was "staggered" and called it "wrong" that no one wanted to sign Bonds. "What's wrong with a few more cameras in the clubhouse," he said.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
During a press conferencein the midst ofthe "Everyone Must LoveNew York" All-Star game extravaganza, Bud Selig was repeatedly questioned about why Bonds hasn't been signed, with some even asking him if MLB was engaging in a "conspiracy" to keep him out. Not a single "reporter" asked about the failure of any club to show interest in signing Roger Clemens.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Not a single "reporter" asked about the failure of any club to show interest in signing Roger Clemens.

Which is even more amazing considering Roger was a NEW YORK Yankee for several years.