Bare Knuckle Boxing

booth

Mentor
Bare Knuckle Boxing is coming to Myrtle Beach, S. C. January 27 at 7 pm. I have never seen it live but it is bloody but not as vioLent as UFC. The refs in the UFC let some matches go way too long IMO. prices start from 25- to 200 bucks.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Bare Knuckle Boxing is coming to Myrtle Beach, S. C. January 27 at 7 pm. I have never seen it live but it is bloody but not as vioLent as UFC. The refs in the UFC let some matches go way too long IMO. prices start from 25- to 200 bucks.
Just like with tough man contests this should be a good time. Just like back in the olden days. When men were men and not soy boys. Even
boxing they went 15 rounds for a long time. Before that the rounds could be unlimited. Matches would last for what seemed like forever.
I'm acutally suprised more people didn't die with how fierce it was. It separated the men from the boys for sure.

Flint

Mentor
I don’t see the point of bare knuckle boxing. It’s unnatural in that the body and fists are not made for that kind of pounding. A good punch easily shatters bones in the hand and bare fists rip skin to cause bleeding. That’s why nearly all real life fights end in some sort of grappling. Boxing address the issue with fist padding. This seems like an excuse to showcase bloody outcomes and just seems like another step in the never ending devolution of society.

Wildcat

In a way bare knuckle matches are often safer because less blows would be needed to take down an opponent and a lot less blows to the face. I remember watching a documentary about old school knuckle boxing and body shots were a lot more common than hits to the face.

Flint

Mentor
In a way bare knuckle matches are often safer because less blows would be needed to take down an opponent and a lot less blows to the face. I remember watching a documentary about old school knuckle boxing and body shots were a lot more common than hits to the face.
I’m sure you’re right. I’d much rather hit a fleshy part of the body then crack my knuckles against a bony jaw! I’m sure that lesson was learned by the old timers.

Wildcat

I’m sure you’re right. I’d much rather hit a fleshy part of the body then crack my knuckles against a bony jaw! I’m sure that lesson was learned by the old timers.
I think that’s how the sport evolved early on. Too many fighters disqualified after fist/knuckle/wrist injuries from face shots.