Atlanta PD "Reaches Out" to Sodomites

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Weeeell now, how cozy! The inept APD (lorded over by Atlanta's black "leadership") is extending the olive branch to the sodomites. This harken backs to Atlanta mayor Shirley Franklin's pandering to the sodomites. I guess the APD is now aping (pun intended) their role models of "San Fransicko" PD.
smiley11.gif

APD seeks improved relations with gay community

By Christian Boone

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Nearly a year after its officers conducted an ill-fated raid on Midtown's Eagle leather bar, the Atlanta Police Department is reaching out to the city's gay community in hopes of mending a widening rift.

The APD is soliciting nominations for a nine-member advisory board "aimed at creating an ongoing dialogue to better improve relations and understanding," said police spokesman Carlos Campos.

"The Eagle raid certainly caused a strain in our relationship with the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) community," Campos told the AJC. Last September undercover officers, along with the force's Red Dog Unit, raided the Eagle, acting on citizen tips of illegal sexual activity at the bar. Eight employees were arrested though all charges were eventually dropped.

Twenty-eight employees and patrons of the Eagle have filed a federal lawsuit alleging civil right violations, saying the police "had neither a warrant, nor probable cause."

Campos said the advisory board announcement was not timed to coincide with last Friday's assault and robbery of a gay couple in Piedmont Park. "This has been in the works for awhile," he said.

That incident was also not without controversy, as some leaders in the gay community wondered why the department's new LGBT liaison, Patricia Powell, was not notified of the attack until three days after it occurred. One man and five minors were arrested and APD has classified it as a bias crime.

"As I begin to do the important work of this position, it will be vital that I hear directly from our community on an ongoing basis," Powell said in a statement. "Open, honest communication is critical for any relationship to succeed. This board will provide an important pipeline to better relations with the GLBT community."

Nominations for the board need to be turned in no later than Friday, July 16. Campos said the department is looking for a diverse cross-section of Atlantans, from business owners to activists. "We want to make sure the entire community is represented," he said.

http://www.ajc.com/news/apd-seeks-improved-relations-567050.html

white is right

Hall of Famer
DixieDestroyer said:
Weeeell now, how cozy! The inept APD (lorded over by Atlanta's black "leadership") is extending the olive branch to the sodomites. This harken backs to Atlanta mayor Shirley Franklin's pandering to the sodomites. I guess the APD is now aping (pun intended) their role models of "San Fransicko" PD.
smiley11.gif

APD seeks improved relations with gay community

By Christian Boone

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Nearly a year after its officers conducted an ill-fated raid on Midtown's Eagle leather bar, the Atlanta Police Department is reaching out to the city's gay community in hopes of mending a widening rift.

The APD is soliciting nominations for a nine-member advisory board "aimed at creating an ongoing dialogue to better improve relations and understanding," said police spokesman Carlos Campos.

"The Eagle raid certainly caused a strain in our relationship with the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) community," Campos told the AJC. Last September undercover officers, along with the force's Red Dog Unit, raided the Eagle, acting on citizen tips of illegal sexual activity at the bar. Eight employees were arrested though all charges were eventually dropped.

Twenty-eight employees and patrons of the Eagle have filed a federal lawsuit alleging civil right violations, saying the police "had neither a warrant, nor probable cause."

Campos said the advisory board announcement was not timed to coincide with last Friday's assault and robbery of a gay couple in Piedmont Park. "This has been in the works for awhile," he said.

That incident was also not without controversy, as some leaders in the gay community wondered why the department's new LGBT liaison, Patricia Powell, was not notified of the attack until three days after it occurred. One man and five minors were arrested and APD has classified it as a bias crime.

"As I begin to do the important work of this position, it will be vital that I hear directly from our community on an ongoing basis," Powell said in a statement. "Open, honest communication is critical for any relationship to succeed. This board will provide an important pipeline to better relations with the GLBT community."

Nominations for the board need to be turned in no later than Friday, July 16. Campos said the department is looking for a diverse cross-section of Atlantans, from business owners to activists. "We want to make sure the entire community is represented," he said.

http://www.ajc.com/news/apd-seeks-improved-relations-567050.html
I know your state still had the buggery and sodomite laws on the books as of the 80's. Is it still technically on the books? When the police department has to grovel to special interest groups you know they might as well become bobbies and keep their guns in a lock box in their cars.....
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
WIR, I believe the GA sodomy law was overturned in '98. Of course that never stopped the fruitcakes down in Midtown Atlanta from poppin' each other up the dirtshoot.
smiley55.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
The reason why I knew about the sodomy and buggery law was because of a Robin Williams special that HBO showed back in the late 80's or early 90's and he talked about maybe Hugh Grant being busted for his tryst and Williams ever the liberal class clown made fun of your stereotypical Georgian state trooper busting someone for this. Maybe they changed the laws because of Eugene Robinson. Government officials didn't want the starting Falcons safety doing serious time because of his sexual habits.....
smiley2.gif