Anders Broman - scorer

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Anders Broman is a junior shooting guard (class of 2013) from Minnesota (Lakeview Christian Academy), and unless he gets hurt will likely break just about all of the Minnesota high school scoring records ... as a junior. for example, he's averaging a state-record-setting 45.3 points-per-game.

two nights ago, Broman scored 71 points (while hitting a sizzling 67% from the floor), and his team still lost. apparently, he's pretty much a one-man team, aside from his younger brother (who is a freshman). just two nights before that, going up against a team with several potential Division I recruits (and a high school enrollment advantage of more than 1,300 students), Broman was triple-teamed much of the night ... and still went for 30. he almost led his team to a HUGE upset, despite scoring a season low.

here are some highlights from a couple of games this (junior) year:

[video=youtube;EuMtsICpXXg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuMtsICpXXg[/video]

also, here's a more in-depth profile of his 71-point outburst: Somehow, Minnesota star Anders Broman scores 71 points ... in a loss.

also, for anyone who is interested, i found a website that is tracking his scoring. it's got a game-by-game scoring recap of his career, as well as comparing his scoring to the record pace.

he is a kid to definitely keep an eye on.

but somehow i'm not surprised that University of Minnesota head coach Tubby Smith isn't going after this in-state scoring phenom ...

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
but somehow i'm not surprised that University of Minnesota head coach Tubby Smith isn't going after this in-state scoring phenom ...
At least he's getting offers from some other D1 schools. Of course, Tubby "knows" that, like all white athletes, Broman will be incapable of "making the transition" to college ball. Only black players have the innate ability to "become" college players (or to make the "jump" to NBA ball) as they go to bed one night at one level, and the next day wake up as SUPA AFFLETES! White ballers don't have the same magical ability, apparently. I'll now go back to watching the Old Spice superhero blowing away the typical white "Broman-like" (to all DWFs) patsy.

[video=youtube;5Ziwz5Ltn-w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ziwz5Ltn-w&feature=player_embedded[/video]

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
He's got a sick mid range game, any guy who can rack up 71 points in one game is a special scorer. When i was in high school our basketball team would be lucky to put up 50!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
He also handles the ball well and is able to create shots off of the dribble, which I think is just as important as the shooting itself.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
At least he's getting offers from some other D1 schools. Of course, Tubby "knows" that, like all white athletes, Broman will be incapable of "making the transition" to college ball.
FBD, I searched and could not find which D1 schools have offered. It's a safe bet that Minnesota will not offer in which case Wisconsin, a much better program anyway, can swop in. It seems that Bo Ryan has wisely scooped up lots of talent from Minny over the years.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
At least he's getting offers from some other D1 schools. Of course, Tubby "knows" that, like all white athletes, Broman will be incapable of "making the transition" to college ball. Only black players have the innate ability to "become" college players (or to make the "jump" to NBA ball) as they go to bed one night at one level, and the next day wake up as SUPA AFFLETES! White ballers don't have the same magical ability, apparently.

to my knowledge, Broman hasn't received a single scholarship offer. and that's the key word: "offer." until an offer is made, anything can happen.

FootballDad said:
This was according to the linked article:

....That Broman would provide the strongest offensive push comes as no huge surprise. The junior phenom became the youngest player in Minnesota history to reach 3,000 career points earlier in the 2011-12 season, and the 6-foot-1 guard is reportedly being recruited by the likes of Virginia Tech, Northwestern and San Diego State, among other schools.

again, none of those schools have made a scholarship offer to Broman, at least not to my knowledge. nor has he even been so much as invited to a game as part of a recruiting package or the like.

compare that, though, to the negroes from (nearly all-black) Duluth East (the school i mentioned in my initial post that has at least three likely Division I signees: 6-4 shooting guard Johnny Woodard, 6-0 point guard Taylor Stafford, and 6-11 Sudanese center Akolda Manyang) who narrowly defeated Broman's team less than a week ago.

three blacks have either already received scholarship offers (Stafford and Woodard) or are rumored to be receiving several shortly (Manyang). additionally, all three black kids have been given free tickets and visits to Minnesota Gopher games and sat behind the bench. draw your own conclusions from that ...

regardless, these same three kids were on the court and having to triple-team the 6-1 Anders Broman in order to "hold him" to a mere 30 points. yet according to the "scouts" who "evaluate" talent, they are legitimate college prospects and Broman isn't even worthy of a profile.

one wonders what the three black kids have that the White kid doesn't ...