Amren conference cancelled--again!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Anti-white racist bigots have successfully cancelled the annual AMREN conference. Again. The same thing happens year after year. I am beginning to think that Jared Taylor is a naive tool. How many times does it have to be shoved in his face that america is no longer the country of his ancestors? He's really been stupid about this stuff. He keeps on scheduling the thing at hotels and getting their "assurance" that the conference will be held. And they they change their minds. What does he expect? It's this kind of thing that tells me any attempt to reclaim white rights will not be done in any kind of peaceable manner.

AMREN conferece cancelled

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
That is very frustrating news, jaxvid. I voiced my concerns in a comment to that article just now, and they echo what you are saying. I would think Jared Taylor would be smarter than to repeatedly butt his head into a wall like this, but it keeps happening. Things like this cannot be good for attendance and/or morale of the movement. He's going to have to figure out some kind of way to work around this if our cause is going to grow. I know it isn't easy to be in his shoes, and I know he is trying to make it convenient for conference goers, but something has to change.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The conference itself isn't cancelled yet, but they are going to have to find another hotel on very short notice or else be forced to have a much-scaled down event in the back room of a restaurant as happened last year.

Jared Taylor did try to learn from last year's fiasco by moving the conference out of the metro D.C. area to the South, which is what I had hoped he'd do. Gordon Baum and the Council of Conservative Citizens have their annual conference in different places in the South every year and have yet to have a serious problem. I went to the one in Nashville last June and it went off without a hitch, no protestors or threatening calls. Taylor needs to consult with Gordon on where to have his meetings. He keeps going for high-end hotels, which seem to buckle easier. Charlotte is a black dominated city so it doesn't look good right now as any hotel that accomodates them is going to come under tremendous pressure at this point.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'll add that this kind of crap is one of the reasons why I stopped having large-scale meetings a number of years ago. The amount of work that goes into organizing one is huge and ongoing for a long period of time, and more and more of them are being shut down or greatly harassed. David Duke tried to have one a couple of years ago, think it was in Memphis, and that one was pretty much ruined by the anti-White terrorists. An anti-Israel, anti-warmeeting in Southern California met the same fate around the same time. It may well be that the era of large public meetings of racially aware Whites is over, though the CofCC keeps pulling them off. Edited by: Don Wassall

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I think Don is right about large scale hotels not being the best of choices to hold these things at. Some posters at AMREN mentioned private locations that would not be subject to that kind of public pressure. The traditional style of a hotel type, convention hall meeting is becoming obsolete for white aware people. A new way of meeting is needed. Our enemies run the system now and have no idea of letting the message be heard.

Also: it is correct that the conference is not cancelled yet, but if last time is any indication then Taylor will go from hotel to hotel at first getting the okay and then having them cave in to the pressure. That is even more frustrating then just cancelling it.Edited by: jaxvid

Westside

Hall of Famer
I think a gathering of a large White land owner would be the route to take. Upscale Tents, top notch rental facilities and catering would be great. Of course for a nominal fee or contribution from the attendees.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Jared held a press conference today in Charlotte and is apparently going to sue the city.