America: A walking dead-zombie country

foobar75

Master

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Excellent article. We are in for some scary times in the near future. We all need to be prepared.

Keiser's a really progressive thinker, in the good way. Check out his show on Russia Today.

Highlander

Mentor
Excellent article. Thanks for sharing.

Some good excerpts:

"In the case of China, obviously they want to squeeze every last drop out
of the brain-dead American consumer. When the American consumer has
bought the last plastic toy and snow shovel made in China from Wal Mart
that he can buy from the borrowed money on the 100th uncollateralized
credit-card and they can't hyper-consume one penny more, like the fat
guy who eats the wafer at the end of the meal in the famous Monty Python
sketch â€" who then explodes in a storm of half eaten foie gras and guts -
then China will drop the bomb by announcing a gold-backed currency and
the sale of a trillion in U.S.-government securities.
"

"America died two years ago. It's a walking dead-zombie country, and
anybody who still lives in that country should get re-familiarize
themselves with cotton-picking, because once the dollar crashes, the
only crop that America will be able to export, is cotton. It will be
King Cotton again. It will be 1840 again. The only job available will be
as a cotton-picker working on a Wal Mart or Goldman Sachs plantation.
This is the reality of the situation. There is no turning back at this
point. The die has been cast. The American experience lasted from 1776
to 2008. Those were the years it was kicking ass and taking names. But
the second Obama took office, who took Larry Summers and Timothy
Geithner with him â€" it died. That was the end. Every day since then
has been Post-America.
"

The last few sentences are a little disingenuous. The recession officially started in December 2007 and the financial collapse happened under Bu$h and Paulson's watch in late September of 2008. We were shredding around 700,000 jobs a month back then. The $800 billion dollar bank bailout was a classic "stick up" with Paulson writing a three-page letter demanding the money with no strings attached...a classic gun-to-the-head "Give us your money or else..." moment.

The Fed refuses to tell us where the money went. Media outlets won an appeal court ruling a few months ago when they demanded to see a list a entities that received the money. I haven't heard of any updates about the case since then, but it's widely speculated that China, Germany, Dubai, and Saudi Arabia received big chunks of the (our) bailout money. Obama's appointments of Geitner and Summers was simply a means to extend and expand the protection of the Federal Reserve and their biggest clients, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, etc...and to keep the boot on the throat on middle class Americans, making sure they have no recourse against the government and the corporations that own it and them.

Bart

Hall of Famer
foobar75 said:
Good points all around, most of which we already know. Everything ultimately centers around the destruction of the American middle class at the benefit of a few elites and their lapdogs. It can get really depressing to think what could be coming in the next 5-10 years, and none of it will be good.

I live in Wisconsin. When I was a kid factories in the Milwaukee area were everywhere.The best products were manufactured in America by Americans who made every item imaginable. Yes, we were envied by the rest of the world. Most of the huge manufacturing companies are GONE now. The few remaining have skeletal workforces with many departments outsourced to third world countries.

But hey, I shouldn't be so pessimistic. We now have fast food joints and tattoo parlors going up everywhere.Whoopee!Oh, and Wal-Marts are supplying us with all types of goods MADE in China, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Pakistan and who knows where else?

Talk about a transfer of wealth! It's mind boggling.

waterbed

Mentor
In america you can buy nice houses for a nice price ,thats good.
In most places in Europe money spent on houses is a much bigger % of your income( higher population dencity so higher ground price) so most europeans do not have as much money left as american.The average American works harder too I think then average European, can buy a bigger car etc. and is a bit more materialistic but maybe thats a stereotype? but their could be a little bit cultural differences between white europeans and americans, also white americans because of being far away from europe part of europe immigrants went to US a long time ago.
In europe part time work is very populair too , around 50% works part time in for example holland and in US only like 15%.

waterbed said:
but their could be a little bit cultural differences between white europeans and americans, also white americans because of being far away from europe part of europe immigrants went to US a long time ago.
In europe part time work is very populair too , around 50% works part time in for example holland and in US only like 15%.

Huge cultural divide. The ethnic Dutch in the United States are some of the hardest-working stock there is.

foobar75

Master
Highlander said:
]The last few sentences are a little disingenuous.  The recession officially started in December 2007 and the financial collapse happened under Bu$h and Paulson's watch in late September of 2008.  We were shredding around 700,000 jobs a month back then.  The $800 billion dollar bank bailout was a classic "stick up" with Paulson writing a three-page letter demanding the money with no strings attached...a classic gun-to-the-head "Give us your money or else..." moment.The Fed refuses to tell us where the money went. Media outlets won an appeal court ruling a few months ago when they demanded to see a list a entities that received the money.  I haven't heard of any updates about the case since then, but it's widely speculated that China, Germany, Dubai, and Saudi Arabia received big chunks of the (our) bailout money.  Obama's appointments of Geitner and Summers was simply a means to extend and expand the protection of the Federal Reserve and their biggest clients, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, etc...and to keep the boot on the throat on middle class Americans, making sure they have no recourse against the government and the corporations that own it and them.

Yes, I often have discussions with some conservative/republican friends, and the "blame Obama" rhetoric makes me laugh sometimes. Sure, he's a cluless puppet, but he's merely the man who's been put in place to finish the job started by Clinton back in the 90s.

We can keep going back in time to look for when the first seeds of this country's economic demise were planted, but the 90s make for a good reference point. Bill Clinton is a favorite lapdog of the elites and the banking cabal which runs the world. By the time he took office, the country's manufacturing base was already in a state of decline (which began in the late 70s), but once NAFTA was signed, things sort of went to overdrive and there was no turning back.

"Jorge" Bush simply took the baton to accelarate the process, while pulling the wool over sheeple's eyes by giving us the housing bubble and the false sense of prosperity that came with it. Now, it's time to pay the piper, and we're in some deep doo-doo. Sometimes, it's hard to live your normal, daily life and plan for the future, when you know things look bleak and aren't getting any better.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
foobar75 said:
Sometimes, it's hard to live your normal, daily life and plan for the future, when you know things look bleak and aren't getting any better.
That very statement weighs on my mind constantly. As a young professional, I really don't know what to do sometimes. I feel my career less important than so many other aspects of life that I need to prepare for when the sh*t really hits the fan. Back in college before I "woke up", my thoughts of the future always involved advancing in my profession and where I'd be in 5, 10, 20 years, etc. I care less and less about that these days.

whiteCB

Master
Freethinker said:
foobar75 said:
Sometimes, it's hard to live your normal, daily life and plan for the future, when you know things look bleak and aren't getting any better.
That very statement weighs on my mind constantly. As a young professional, I really don't know what to do sometimes. I feel my career less important than so many other aspects of life that I need to prepare for when the sh*t really hits the fan. Back in college before I "woke up", my thoughts of the future always involved advancing in my profession and where I'd be in 5, 10, 20 years, etc. I care less and less about that these days.

I know what you mean freethinker and totally get what you mean by the "waking up" and what you/i were thinking about in the college days. I am in my mid 20s and am saving up $$ at a pretty good rate. However, what do I do with my finances? Do I hold on to my earnings and keep renting apartments/houses to live in or do I go buy a house. Inflation seems inevitable at this point and who knows how fast $5 a gallon gasoline will come upon us. Do I risk putting myself at bay by buying a house in a couple years or does sh*t really hit the fan here starting around 2012 and I need all of the income I have to get through the storm?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
You young guys that are saving some money (and anyone else of whatever age) should consider putting a portion of it into gold and silver. If things get really bad, and all indications are that the economy is in the crapper and not going to improve for a long time if ever for most, gold and silver will hold and increase their value. Silver is more affordable and seems way underpriced compared to gold. Gold used to sell at a 16:1 ratio to silver but has been more like 65:1 in recent years, yet silver is invaluable for many industrial uses and is getting scarce. Do a search on Theodore Butler (or Ted Butler) and his writings on silver and how the price has been manipulated to keep it artificially low.

LabMan

Mentor
The Nationalist Times,Don Wassall's fine patriotic newspaper has covered all aspects of the decline of America,and who is behind same,and as usual is right on the money!,please see info and subscribe at www.anu.org.,and as always,for the real news that the mainstream media will not touch,www.anunews.net.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Ditto to what Don said to everyone on the board. If you can afford to buy some actual silver or gold coins, do it. Don't buy collector or new silver/gold coins (Uncirculated or Proofs) because they demand a premium above the bullion (actual precious metal content's) value. Personally, I recommend buying circulated silver Roosevelt dimes or Washington quarters. They usually sell for a bit less than silver Kennedy or Franklin halves and you still end up with the same amount of silver in the end. Silver is bound to go up dramatically at some point either before or when everyone realizes that the economy is going to tank. At that point, fiat currency (Federal Reserve Notes) will become worthless and precious metals will be invaluable for buying food, etc. Right now, silver is $7 more expensive per ounce than it was in April 2009.