Alex Smith

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Yahoo Sports:

Sep 13 Ann Killion, of the San Jose Mercury News, reports San Francisco 49ers QB Alex D. Smith does not want to hear any of his wide receivers complain. When asked what his reaction would be if WR Antonio Bryant started to lobby for the ball, Smith responded: "I don't want to hear from a receiver that he's open all the time. I have enough on my plate." Head coach Mike Nolan agreed with Smith and added, "Good for him. He needs to be able to say that. And the receiver needs to respect that he said it."

Good for you, Alex!
smiley32.gif

Smith passed for 288 yards and 1 TD against St. Louis. Not too bad.
smiley20.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Even though Smith was the first overall pick of the '05 draft, he is yet another white quarterback who has been subjected to endless scorn about being a "bust" after just one season. Yes, he struggled big time last year, but he was on an awful team with a bad o-line and no running game. He has that rookie year under his belt now, an excellent quarterback coach in Norv Turner working with him this year, and better talent surrounding him on offense. It's no surprise that he looks greatly improved, except to the legions of fansand mediaknow-nothingswho give up on white players in no time flat. I hope Smith has a great career ahead of him.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That's a great point Don.I don't hear the fans in Atlanta complaining about how horrible Michael Vick is.They didn't even make the playoffs last year.He is not a team leader and can't throw the ball with accuracy worth a damn.He is horrible.All he has is his legs yet they worship him.Gee,I wonder why?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Vick's passing stats for the weekend were 140 yards passing and 2 TDs, 0 INTS. I think he gained something like 40+ yards rushing on six rushes as well. Not bad, but especially for Vick

I remember hearing Colin Cowturd on ESPN ranting about St. Vick early last year. One caller said that he'd take Carson Palmer over Vick. Cowturd laughed and laughed, quite sarcastically. I wonder who's laughing now?

I predict that Alex Smith will also have the last laugh, next year if not this one.