Afroletes - Sr., Jr., III, etc.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I wanted to comment on the obnoxious trend of these affletes using a "Jr", "Sr", "II" at the end of their names ("RG3", 'YOdell" Beckham Jr, Steve Smiff' Sr., etc.). First of all (no offense to any CFers meant)....IMHO, one has to be pretty arrogant to name their son after themselves (as if they're 'royalty', etc.). Secondly, it's quite obvious these boys are using these suffixes to try & 'counteract' the (accurate) "stigma" of absentee fathers amongst the coloreds. Well, that isn't a 'stereotype' but a proven fact! Anyway, I wanted to 'vent' as I find this trend silly & annoying.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Jr's and III'rds I don't have a problem with but nobody would call seniors anything but his given name as the junior I am assuming is in swaddling clothes.

The only famous White athlete I can recall off of my head who was a senior was Syl Apps Sr. (a hockey hall of famer) and his son was a Leaf back in 70's and was never more than journeyman later junior had a daughter who played on the Canadian national team and won a gold at the Olympics.

Ps. Mickey Mantle's son launched a career in his mid twenties that was doomed from the start. I also just remembered Billy Ray Smith who was a good NFL player and his son who was a very good player for the Chargers in the 80's and now is sports radio host.

Last edited:

Westside

Hall of Famer
Dixie this trend among affelets is just an attention grabbing tactic. Nothing more. They excel at sh*t like this. Ask that they master English or basic math and you will get a look like "thats white boy stuff. Gimme dat Sr, Jr. III, now thats fresh." They are truly small minded.