A black perspective

G

Hi. I'm a black teenager and I'm pretty good at football and basketball. I was shown this site by a minor poster. I might go D3 if I want to go to Amherst. One of the advantages of being black, if you can get a good SAT score, admissions people go to your house.

You guys have some good points. Individual whites have been discriminated against through inferiority complexes by owners, recruiters, and coaches. But you know what,
I don't think it is not that much. Not enough to make the NFL majority white at least. Probably somewhere between 50 and 60% black. That would be the unbiased level I think.

Here it is. Yeah, lots and lots of athletic whites don't get D1 scholarships. But lots of blacks don't either. Lots of whites are underrated. So are lots of blacks. The Patriots had a guy that ran a 4.1 forty in Bethel Johnson. He sat the bench mostly. Mat Jones and Jeremy Shockey, well Ray Lewis and Shannon Sharpe were better athletes in their prime. General atheltic ability, I have to say that Michael Jordan is by far the greatest all around athlete that I have ever seen.

What about Jerry Rice? He was not recruited by any major schools. If there is such widespread suicidal discrimination how come NFL Europe, the CFL(though the Caste looks kind of reversed), and the Arena Football League have at least roughly 50% of the players black.

But hey, I obviously didn't see the play, but Zib was just described as stumbling; a participle usually reserved in the NFL for Adam Archuleta, so maybe you guys have a point.

I don't want to offend anybody.

Edited by: ferratus314

Eh, I'm not sold on it. Lots of black kids can't get scholarships due more to grades than anything else. They get repeated looks when talented whites get passed by, despite similar athleticism and better grades.

More to the point, more NFL players should be white, given that the game hasn't made huge inroads into the Hispanic and Asian populations of the US. Its basically a black and white game, with some Hispanics and a few more Asians(typically Samoans) playing too. Given the simple population disparity between whites and blacks, there should be a lot more whites playing in the pros. There are standout athletes in both races, but IMO, whites are ignored.

The reason for the CFL, NFL Europe, and Arena leagues is to provide a place for those not yet ready for prime time. Given the disparity in colleges between black and white players, its no surprise that blacks are found there. There are simply more of them playing the sport at that level than there are whites. It starts at high schools, and goes on through college: whites get weeded out.

And Jordan as the greatest all round athlete? Magic Johnson I think was a superior player, and he played every position as well, and provided far superior leadership on the court. Plus, while I might hate the National Past Its Time, Jordan flopped in the minors. Its a hard thing, hitting a baseball.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good point Don. We have been thoroughly pounded with the black, i.e. mass media perspective our whole lives. If you disagree with our perspective, give us legit reasons why, not baseless opinions, which don't serve the perspective you are supposedly providing. By the way, whether you realized it or not, you agreed with us. You said "I don't think its not that much."
smiley32.gif
You are correct, when referring to anti-white discrimination, its that much and more!
smiley4.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's nothing against that poster personally. Heappears to beFuture Gohan's friend, a mild but notoutright opponent. The problem with mild opponents, like out and out trolls, is if they're allowed to post it won't be long before there's a lot of them and I don't think any of us want that.

The Caste System perspective and variations of it are found on every other board. The corporate media enforces Caste System ideology on a total (totalitarian), unchallengeable basis. That's why Caste Football is a refuge for those of us who disagree with it and want to be with like-minded posters, i.e., fellow men possessed of a rare combination of insight and common sense when it comes to sports and race.
smiley2.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I'm a black teenager and I'm pretty good at football and basketball.

I'm sure you are. Aren't all you black guys pretty good at football and basketball? Least that's what they show me on the tee-vee.

Freedom

Mentor
Matt Bowen Fan, nice post except for one thing. I think you were being sarcastic at the end. Hitting a baseball is really a tough thing to do. I think it was Ted Williams or Stan Musial who said "The hardest thing to do in sports is to hit a round ball with a round bat."

The hand-eye coordination is a huge part of being an all around athlete. It is one of the few skills that hasn't been corrupted by steroids. I don't think Ichiro will ever be blacklisted for steroids. Now he is not white, but happens to be the best at hand-eye in baseball when I watch him. But what about Tennis, Federer is at the top of hand-eye. It is "spatial cognition."

Freedom said:
I think it was Ted Williams or Stan Musial who said "The hardest thing to do in sports is to hit a round ball with a round bat."

Actually, out of all the sports I've played, I think that playing hockey takes the most skill. Most people can't skate well period, much less stick handle fluidly or hit a particular target with a puck accurately. Also, looking comfortable and fluid on skates is not easy either. All this while trying not to get levelled by an opponent. Anyone with some athletic training can physically defend against an opponent on turf. On ice, its a toally different ballgame.

My father always used to say, "Theres people who are anatomically capable of playing this game, and theres people who aren't. Most people aren't." Either you're born a hockey player, or you're not.

C Darwin

Mentor
I am very proud of my slapshot. It has taken me years to develop
magnitude and direction on it. I could always hit a fastball. Taking a
slapshot in-stride while breaking down the wing or while pulling
back on the point to avoid the block takes tremendous balance,
timing, coordination and dedication to the task. Even if one is born
with the physical attributes to play the fastest sport in the world, I
have found only athletes with the right character continue to play.

Barry Bonds has the worst or least "spatial cognition" in MLB

A few weeks ago, there was a topic on the racial dynamics of
dropped passes. I found the lack of data on this very interesting. I
also notice that there is not much info on penalties in the NFL. If the
racial dynamics of these two subjects were found to be in favor of
the white athlete, how much of an impact would that have on the CS?

Freedom said:
Matt Bowen Fan, nice post except for one thing. I think you were being sarcastic at the end. Hitting a baseball is really a tough thing to do. I think it was Ted Williams or Stan Musial who said "The hardest thing to do in sports is to hit a round ball with a round bat."

It was Williams, and it wasn't intended as sarcasm. Tiger Woods gets all sorts of credit for hitting a stationary round ball with a flat surface in a quiet environment; in baseball, you have to hit a round ball moving at 90+ MPH with a round bat in a huge, noisy crowd. Jordan couldn't do that at all, in the minors. Thus a strike against the 'greatest NBA plyer ever'.

The hand-eye coordination is a huge part of being an all around athlete. It is one of the few skills that hasn't been corrupted by steroids. I don't think Ichiro will ever be blacklisted for steroids. Now he is not white, but happens to be the best at hand-eye in baseball when I watch him. But what about Tennis, Federer is at the top of hand-eye. It is "spatial cognition."

Hence my comment. To be the greatest all round athlete ever, Jordan had poor hand-eye, hence I doubt him in that role.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
In response to Guests. You're right that Bethel Johnson was a phenomenol athlete but if he ran a 4.1 40 it was a college time not an NFL combine time and he probabley couldn't catch. The best combine times if I remember correctly are Bo Jackson 4.19, Deion Sanders and Don Bebee (who is white) 4.20. I could be wrong because NFL draft scout which I subscribe to only goes back to 1999. As far as discrimination, all you have to do is look at Scout.com or Rivals.com and see all the white guys who play WR, RB or CB who put up better H.S numbers against tough competitionthan some of the black guys they lose out to who only run the same workout numbers. I have actually seen some top rated black RB's who run in the mid 4.6's. Also, Brian Leonard who ran a 4.47 40 yardcoming out of H.S was listed as possibly switching to LB by scout.comandhas been called too slow to be a starting tailback in the NFL even when the average speed for starters at that position is around 4.5. Let's just hope that Rutgers doesn't force NJ's all time leading rusher Joe Martinek who runs a 4.4 to switch to LB like they are supposedly doing. Maybe he'll be the next Brian Leonard.

As for Matt Jones he may be the best combination of size andathletic ability ever,40 yard- 4.37, Broad Jump- 10 '9, verticle- 39.5 inches, but after only one bad drop gets benched for Ernest Wilford who runs a 4.7 40 yard. Wilford plays a similar game to Mike Hass (great hands and route running) but is actually quite a bit less athletic than Hass. He does have the advantage of being tall though. If the QB actuallycould hitJones in stridewhen he is open, he could be a Randy Moss type receiver. and to be fair I would still admit without discrimination that in the NFLCB would be about 80% black, RB about 70% but WR should be about 50% I think. But it's great to see a black person who will admit to even a small amount of discrimination against whites. It can go both ways you know, but in the NFL it's always the white WR that seems to get screwed!Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

backrow

Hall of Famer
if everything was fair, i bet there would be more than 30% of white runningbacks

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
If everything were fair, the NFL would mirror the actual population of the United States, with perhaps a slight tilt at quarterback for whites and a similar slant at running back and corner back for blacks. But that's it.