2024 Baltimore Ravens

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
The Ravens for 2024 are remarkably similar to the 2023 crew. So much so that I could have just re-posted the write-up that Don did last year and do some minor lineup tweaks. The only real change is that the Ravens now start 3 whites on the offensive line and the O-line depth has increased.

Mark Andrews had a down year in 2023 with only 45 receptions for 544 and 6tds. Injured for the last half of the season, he courageously returned from a fractured ankle to play in the AFC Championship game, a true warrior. Barring injury, he is a force, one of the best 2 or 3 tight ends in the league. Patrick Ricard returns to his role of human battering ram, this time blocking for Derrick Henry, one of the better RB's in the NFL. Last season Ricard had a perfect "0, 0, 0, 0" statistical total for carries, receptions, yards and td's.

Patrick Mekari (Armenian and Iranian descent) now starts at RT, and recent acquisition Andrew Vorhees is at LG. Above-average C Tyler Linderbaum returns, and there are 3 additional depth pieces which may be some sort of a record for the Ravens. Defense is a really dark affair, with Urban being the lone white player. Really.

As this team will get plenty of well-deserved hate from CF faithful, it's worth pointing out that they are a very good and dangerous team in spite of their "diversity". HC John Harbaugh and OC Todd Monken are very good. QB Lamar Jackson is exceptional and we look dumb when we bash him as an undeserving "black quarterback". Now it is worth noting that his ascention is largely due to Monken. Coming out of college his accuracy and throwing motion was abysmal, he was nothing but a run-first black QB. Monken however decided to tailor the offense specifically to Jackson's strengths while working on his deficiencies. The result is a two-time NFL MVP (we can discuss the politics of this, and they are relevant, but still..) who cannot be overlooked. Imagine if OC's around the league did this with the "unconventional" white QB's. What could Tim Tebow have been with this approach? Or more recently, Zach Wilson etc.......

C: Tyler Linderbaum, Nick Samac
RG: Ben Cleveland
RT: Patrick Mekari, Roger Rosengarden
LG: Andrew Vorhees
TE: Mark Andrews, Charlie Kolar
FB: Patrick Ricard

DE: Brent Urban

PK: Justin Tucker, the GOAT
P: Jordan Stout
LS: Nick Moore

Reserve Injured et al: None

Practice squad: OLB Joe Evans. One out of 16. Pathetic

Number of White starters: 5
Total number of White players on 53 man roster: 13
Grade: F

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Another QB we dare not criticize.

Besides Andrews, this team freakin sucks, but they do represent the shithole city they reside in well.

Last edited:

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
The only way I would watch a Bears/Ravens game.

View attachment 4609
Or Ravens/Browns of which there will be two of like every year. As for Bucky's comment about Lamar and verboten criticism, I dunno about that, just read through any of Leonardfan's posts! :p

The Ravens scheme around Jackson probably as well as any QB I've ever seen. Todd Monken basically threw out everything he had done before and made a "Lamar Jackson only" playbook and offense. In the AFC championship game the Chiefs DC Spagnuolo showed exactly how to minimize what he can do. I wonder how many, if any, will follow his lead?

jphoss

Mentor
Or Ravens/Browns of which there will be two of like every year. As for Bucky's comment about Lamar and verboten criticism, I dunno about that, just read through any of Leonardfan's posts! :p

The Ravens scheme around Jackson probably as well as any QB I've ever seen. Todd Monken basically threw out everything he had done before and made a "Lamar Jackson only" playbook and offense. In the AFC championship game the Chiefs DC Spagnuolo showed exactly how to minimize what he can do. I wonder how many, if any, will follow his lead?
It seems that as the talent and coaching ramp up in the postseason he gets exposed- in 6 playoff games jackson has thrown 6td and 6int.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer

Nice write up!

Sadly, 13 Whites with 5 starters is not even “ultra black” this year. Seattle, Houston and likely the Browns make the Ravens look like BYU. LOL.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Nice write up!

Sadly, 13 Whites with 5 starters is not even “ultra black” this year. Seattle, Houston and likely the Browns make the Ravens look like BYU. LOL.
Also the Bears, Dolphins and Jets.