2023 World Outdoor Season

mastermulti

Master
I agree with you - Lieke Klaver is one of the most beautiful ladies I've set eyes on. And her speed endurance had really improved over the past 2 seasons

Dmitir Markov was a Belo-russian vaulter who became a naturalised Australian in the 1990s. He was 2001 world champion with his 6.05m. As so often happens, his athletically built 6'2" son Oleg Markov is a first grade Australian rules football player - another great athlete poached by a rich football code

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    4.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    2.6 KB · Views: 1

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree with you - Lieke Klaver is one of the most beautiful ladies I've set eyes on. And her speed endurance had really improved over the past 2 seasons
Dmitir Markov was a Belo-russian vaulter who became a naturalised Australian in the 1990s. He was 2001 world champion with his 6.05m. As so often happens, his athletically built 6'2" son Oleg Markov is a first grade Australian rules football player - another great athlete poached by a rich football code

Yeah just like with so many others. It's hard to pass up the guaranteed money contracts which offer you financial freedom guaranteed.
Choosing Athletics takes a special type of athlete that is as mentally tough as they are physically gifted.

I still wish we could have seen what Trae Williams (Quadzilla) could have done in the sprints. He had a p.b. of 10.10 but left to go play Rugby. This
kid has the potential to go sub 10 without a doubt. What an explosive sprinter he was!

proxy-image

mastermulti

Master
young Markov had one season of track and field at 16 years of age. One long jump competition to achieve 6.83m and started high jump with 1.97, then 2.00m followed by 2.05 all within a 4 month period and then disappeared, probably as football offers started to flow in.
I bet his dad said implored him with something like "ok, just give T&F one season to see how you like it".

At first coach's rejected him as not yet strong enough - so his dad took care of that. They seem here to have a great relationship.
He was often injured but he obviously has his dad's determination. Now Wikipedia says this about him..........

"Player profile​

Markov plays as a rebounding half back, utilising exceptional sprint speeds to set up offensive chains of possession.[99][100][101] In 2019 he spent significant periods trialing as a small forward in VFL matches with Richmond's reserves side.[102]"

Sad to say, I think our very best prospects for T&F play that sport peculiar to 4 Australian states - AFL. Watch a game highlights on YouTube sometime.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
young Markov had one season of track and field at 16 years of age. One long jump competition to achieve 6.83m and started high jump with 1.97, then 2.00m followed by 2.05 all within a 4 month period and then disappeared, probably as football offers started to flow in.
I bet his dad said implored him with something like "ok, just give T&F one season to see how you like it".

At first coach's rejected him as not yet strong enough - so his dad took care of that. They seem here to have a great relationship.
He was often injured but he obviously has his dad's determination. Now Wikipedia says this about him..........

"Player profile​

Markov plays as a rebounding half back, utilising exceptional sprint speeds to set up offensive chains of possession.[99][100][101] In 2019 he spent significant periods trialing as a small forward in VFL matches with Richmond's reserves side.[102]"

Sad to say, I think our very best prospects for T&F play that sport peculiar to 4 Australian states - AFL. Watch a game highlights on YouTube sometime.

Two amazing athletes. It's great to see the love between a father and son. How family should be. Glad his kid has made it big time even
though it's not in the sport we would have preferred him to go into. These Rugby Athletes are pretty amazing!

mastermulti

Master
Two amazing athletes. It's great to see the love between a father and son. How family should be. Glad his kid has made it big time even
though it's not in the sport we would have preferred him to go into. These Rugby Athletes are pretty amazing!
They are amazing - but AFL (which he competes in) is a particular brand of Australian only football - more like Celtic Football. Melbourne is Australia's sporting capital and everyone there seems to follow a team. It's spreading more to the other states here now

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
19 year old Renan Correa of Brazil ran 20.37 this afternoon to win the 200m at the Pan American Games in Santiago, Chile.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
19 year old Renan Correa of Brazil ran 20.37 this afternoon to win the 200m at the Pan American Games in Santiago, Chile.

Glad to see him getting back into fine form. I hope as he gets a little older that he eventually races in Europe and other
places outside of South America. He is a talent for sure and I wish him the best of luck!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Here's Correa's win in the 200m.
An hour earlier he also anchored Brazil to the gold in the 4x100m relay.