2023 Seattle Seahawks

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
2023 Seahawks preview

I wanted a quick preview to knockout while I had only a few minutes so I picked the old, gum-chomping lunatic Plantation Pete Carroll's always dark squad. The only question year after year is if the Seahawks will allow double figure Whites on the 53 man roster. This year they might be at a high water mark for ol' Pete.

Total White Athletes on Roster (Starters in bold)
13 Whites total, with 2 starters. Grade: F-

QB - Drew Lock
WR - Jake Bobo, Cody Thompson
TE - Will Dissly, Colby Parkinson
T - Jake Curhan
C - Evan Brown
G - Ben Brown
LB - Nick Bellore (FB also), Drake Thomas

K - Jason Myers
P - Michael Dickson
LS - Chris Stoll

IR -
PS - Holton Ahlers (QB), Joey Hunt (OL), Levi Bell (DE/OLB), Patrick O'Connell (LB), Jon Rhattigan (LB), Brady Breeze (S), Ty Okada (S)

Well 2 White starters is pitiful, especially considering its a center and a co-starting TE who's not overly involved. The jump in Whites on the roster is because of Jake Bobo and Cody Thompson making the cut. I said this elsewhere but someone might want to check Pete's medication, and maybe up it some more to get some of these PS guys on the active roster. Bobo, the former Duke and UCLA star, looks to be involved early due to injury and suspension to some affletes. He was their best receiver all preseason so I hope he can establish himself before the snaps get harder to come by. Cody Thompson looks to mostly be a WSTD but maybe he'll even get some snaps during these first few games. Beyond that its nice to see Drake Thomas on the roster but he's buried. The only way this team becomes maybe watchable is if Geno is hurt or benched and if a number of the White athletes on the PS get called up. Unlikely, so another year of rooting against this dark squad and their obnoxious leftist DWFs.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
D. K. Metcalf missed the game with injuries, but still I thought I'd never see something like this happen on a Plantation Pete-coached team:

Jake Bobo played on 45-of-59 snaps in the Seahawks’ Week 7 win over the Cardinals.
After an impressive preseason in which he totaled seven receptions for 125 yards and two touchdowns on nine targets, Bobo had a chance to prove the hype was real with D.K. Metcalf sidelined. The rookie receiver made the most of his opportunities, going for 4-61-1 in the win, while also seeing a WR1 snap share. Sunday was the first missed game of Metcalf’s (ribs/hip) career, and there’s a good chance he’ll be back for Week 8 against the Browns. However, if Metcalf is unable to go, Bobo could have some WR3 upside at home against a Browns defense that allowed 13.3 yards per attempt to the Colts in Week 7. However, it’s worth noting slot receiver Josh Downs totaled 125 yards in that game, while Bobo plays almost exclusively outside.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
From a prominent fantasy football site:

Geno Smith is another turnoverfest or two away from Lock getting a start over him. The Seahawks like Lock a lot, and if he gets in eventually, he'll get to pilot an offense with three talented wide receivers.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Jake Bobo injured his shoulder in yesterday's game and was a non-participant in today's practice as Chompin' Pete's gang prepares for their Turkey Day game. No details on the extent of the injury were given, hopefully it's relatively minor.