2022 Ohio Bobcats

Phall

Master
Since 2005, Ohio has started 17, 15, 12, 11, 10, 10,12 14, 12, 9, 9 ,11 , 14, 14, 11, 9, and 9 white starters. They start 8 in 2022.

Starting QB Kurtis Rourke blew out his knee late in the season and will be replaced by a black quarterback against Wyoming in the Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl, bringing their starter count down to 7.

The Bobcats were a team of interest because an injury to their starting RB left them giving snaps to just three tailbacks, all white, for one fateful game this season. Unfortunately, that didn't last long, but McCormick and Toledo are both still redshirt freshmen (although so is the black starter). The Bobcats play six whites on defense, but just one of them is listed as a starter.

Sam Wiglusz is the team's leading receiver and also punt returner. Keegan Wilburn is the kick returner and has taken one to the house this year.

Starters:
QB: Kurtis Rourke
WR: Sam Wiglusz
OT: Jay Amburgey
OG: Kurt Danneker, Hagen Meservy
OC: Parker Titsworth
TE: Tyler Foster

DE: Jack McCrory

Backups:
QB: Callum Wither
RB: Nolan McCormick, Jake Neatherton, Tyler Toledo
WR: Keegan Wilburn, Caleb Gossett
OT: Joseph Habinowski, Jacob Dennison
OG: Christophe Atkinson, Bryce Ramer
TE: Will Kacmarek, Alec Burton

DE: Bryce Duggan
LB: Cannon Blauser, Kyle Kelly
S: Austin Brawley, Ben Johnson

SneakyQuick

Mentor

Interesting that though he caught 5 passes or so in 4 years at OSU he put up much gaudier numbers once targeted. Oh and he was an academic all American.

Amazing, this kid had great high school numbers, had to walk on at OSU, played four years with barely any recognition and he is satisfied with it because he realizes that at the end of it all football is unlikely for him. So he uses his last year of eligibility at a small program and puts up big numbers.

I would nominate him for the poster child for the CFB caste system 2022.

Interesting that though he caught 5 passes or so in 4 years at OSU he put up much gaudier numbers once targeted. Oh and he was an academic all American.

Amazing, this kid had great high school numbers, had to walk on at OSU, played four years with barely any recognition and he is satisfied with it because he realizes that at the end of it all football is unlikely for him. So he uses his last year of eligibility at a small program and puts up big numbers.

I would nominate him for the poster child for the CFB caste system 2022.
I've seen a lot of this year's highlights. He has a good chance on ending up on someone's practice squad this year if he doesn't take his covid year.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Hopefully being on an nfl practice squad is something he can parlay in the real world.

I haven’t seen him play but it just sounds like one more solid football player without blazing speed that is easy to ignore by the pros and the p5 conferences.

Speaking of Ohio I had wanted to put on db true frosh Austin Brawley. He played wr and corner for Massillon , Ohio which over the last 30 years of following this stuff churns out many 4 an 5 star black recruits ever year. Last year 2021 Brwaley was named by his teammates team MVP and his coach said he was the best all around football player he ever coached.Last year the only offer he had was a pwo from Kent State. Ohio offered him a scholarship at the last minute and he did play corner the first 3 games this year but was moved to starting safety when both starters were lost to injury. The best player on a team that regularly kicks out 4 an 5 star recruits. No the caste system is just a figment of all our imaginations.

Hopefully being on an nfl practice squad is something he can parlay in the real world.

I haven’t seen him play but it just sounds like one more solid football player without blazing speed that is easy to ignore by the pros and the p5 conferences.
I saw somewhere he was a 4.45 guy. Can't remember where I saw it.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Ah but they had four other wideouts that ran 4.42 probably. And as we all know that .03 difference in the 40 is what separates the wheat from the chaff!!! Hands and route running can’t make up for that lack of speed!!!

You can’t see it but I’m rolling my eyes right now