2021 Arnold Palmer Invitational

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Going into the final round of the Arnold Palmer Invitational 47 year old Lee Westwood is in the lead at-11. It's going to be an interesting final round with several great players in contention, including Jordan Spieth whose right there again in T-4 at -9.
Here is the top seven:
Westwood: -11
DeChambeau: -10
Conners: -10
Bradley: -9
Spieth: -9
McIlroy: -7
Although Jack Nicklaus was my favorite golfer growing up, I always respected Palmer. He was a little past his prime when I started watching Nicklaus. I always heard he was a fantastic person and a true ambassador of the sport of Golf.
Next week will be The Players Championship. Some consider The Players the fifth Major.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Although Jack Nicklaus was my favorite golfer growing up, I always respected Palmer. He was a little past his prime when I started watching Nicklaus. I always heard he was a fantastic person and a true ambassador of the sport of Golf.
Next week will be The Players Championship. Some consider The Players the fifth Major.

The Golf Channel re-ran its fantastic special on The King again the other night. It consists of three one-hour shows and is narrated by Tom Selleck. It should be required viewing for every golf fan and for every American interested in learning more about America 1.0. What Palmer accomplished in his life on and off the golf course is astounding, and the way he treated people was unsurpassed. He mingled with Presidents and celebrities but had the common touch from his working class background and the values his father instilled in him and connected equally with everyone. He really was a one of a kind great American. The show originally ran in 2014 before Arnie passed in '16; keep an eye out for it and make time to watch all three hours. I still try to watch it whenever I see it scheduled.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Looking like a 4 man race right now.
T-1: Spieth
T-1: DeChambeau
T-1: Conners
T-1: Westwood
DeChambeau carrying the ball 300 yards over water/377 total in tough conditions.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
DeChambeau sinks a 5 foot par putt on the 72nd hole to edge 47 year-old Westwood by one shot. It's the 8th PGA Tour win for Bryson, who is just 27. There were 5,000 or so fans there yesterday and today, which definitely made it feel more like a real golf tournament. Hopefully there'll be a lot more on hand next week at The Players, which is also held in Florida, one of the handful of states whose governor isn't a control freak totalitarian.