2018 Cincinnati Bengals

Here are the white 2018 Cincinnati Bengals: (Starters in bold)

QB- Andy Dalton, Jeff Driskel, Matt Barkley

WR- Alex Erickson (Kick Returner)

TE- Tyler Eifert, Tyler Kroft, Mason Schreck

C- Billy Price

OG- Clint Boling, Alex Redmond, Christian Westerman

OT- Jake Fisher

DT- Ryan Glasgow

DE- Sam Hubbard

ILB- Nick Vigil

S- Clayton Fejedelum (could be only temporaily with Shawn Williams out)

K- Randy Bullock
P- Kevin Huber
LS- Clark Harris

TE Moritz Bohringer a former WR, C Brad Lundblade, and QB Christian Hackenberg are signed to the PS.

The Bengals return steady QB Andy Dalton who despite some calls for him to be replaced, still threw for 3320 yds and 25 TD's in 2017. Protecting Dalton is a solid 3/5 white O-line. At TE Tyler Eifert returns after missing all of last season and should pick up where he left off as a top-tier receiving TE, and last years starter Tyler Kroft will see PT in 2 TE sets. WR Alex Erickson is still around, and he will be the lead KR.
On defense MLB Nick Vigil is a returning starter after also hearing calls to be replaced, because we all know if your white and play defense you have to play at a pro-bowl level. 3rd rd pick DE Sam Hubbard out of Ohio St. is talented enough to start right away, but may be part of a rotation the first week or 2.

Total white Starters- 8
Total whites on 53-man roster- 19
Team Grade- C

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bengals Notes: Hubbard's Role Likely to Expand, Evolve

Defensive lineman Sam Hubbard is in line to get more defensive snaps over the final eight games than the 42.4 percent of the team's defensive snap he got in the first eight games thanks in part to the season-ending injury suffered by end Carl Lawson, but also because of how much he continued to improve.

The Bengals (5-3) open the second half of their season on Sunday when they host the New Orleans Saints (7-1) at 1 p.m. in Paul Brown Stadium.

Hubbard, a Moeller High School graduate and Ohio State University product, saw his most action of the season in the team's most recent game on Oct. 28 against Tampa Bay when he played 54 snaps (61.4 percent of the overall defensive snaps) and finished with five tackles, which tied his career high, a quarterback sack (his second of the season) and a pass defended.

Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said the one thing that has allowed Hubbard and Bates to thrive early in their careers is their maturity.

"They're still young guys with exuberance who also make errors that need correction, but yet, they're good football players who understand football," said Lewis. "So when the game gets fast, they're able to stay up to speed, and that's one of the things we feel best about. You don't necessarily know that, because you aren't in the trenches or the heat of the fire with them until after you draft them. That's been one of the pleasant surprises with both of them."

Hubbard said he started to believe he could have success in the NFL during the team's second game of the season against Baltimore when he had five tackles and his first career sack.

"That was really my jumping off point of saying, 'All right, I can really be successful in this league if I keep working, " said Hubbard. "I think as the first half of the season progressed I was getting more comfortable, the game slowed down, kind of found a role and earned the trust of my coaches to put me out on the field."

That role included him playing out of position at defensive tackle in nickel situations, but with Lawson now out he will likely see many more snaps at defensive end as a rotational player in the base defense and with the first nickel pass rush group.

"I was kind of out of position," said Hubbard, who played defensive end at Ohio State. "I was getting better and better inside, but it's hard being 60 pounds lighter than the guys you are going against and going against two of them a lot of times.

Back on the edge any opportunity I get I'm going to make the most of it. I'm excited for getting out and seeing what we can do this week. I've been playing on the edge my whole career, so I'm definitely more comfortable."

Hubbard said he believes he and the rest of his defensive line mates will be a major factor in determining the Bengals' fate this season.

"I think we're a big part, because affecting the quarterback is a huge part of the game," said Hubbard, who also returned a fumble for a touchdown against the Miami Dolphins. "We've got a lot of guys down in a lot of positions, including our own (Lawson), but we also have a lot of veteran guys and a lot of talented guys on the defensive line and it's up to us as a unit to lead this team where we want to go."

full article: https://local12.com/sports/bengals/...-moeller-ohio-state-bernard-vigil-nfl-dennard