2013 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I seem to recall Martinek saying that after he was cut by the Giants in August of 2012 and wasn't put on the practice squad initially. He was training at a local gym with personal coach but he found the practices were mentally dragging him down and said he was close trying to join the New Jersey state police department. When he was put on the practice squad he deferred that dream. But with close to a year out of pro football I think he probably is trying that route as I have heard no stories about him playing in the low minor leagues or even semi-pro.

Martinek is a physically gifted player. Probably his pro career is over, which is a shame. Based on merit he should be in the NFL.

bigunreal

Mentor
Schiano is no enemy of the Caste System, but he is being treated like one now. Evidently, replacing a non- injured black QB with a white one is silently recognized as "racist." Freeman was "disrespected" and sent packing, where he quickly "earned" another starting job, was historically bad at it, but wasn't blamed, as it was "unfair" to thrust him into that position so soon after he signed with the team.

As I watch Warren Sapp, much as when I watch Killer Ray Ray Lewis, or Michael Irvin, or Deion Sanders, in his role as a "journalist," I am reminded again that we are far down the rabbit hole, truly in Wonderland.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Schiano's giving Leonard less carries than Marvin "X" Lewis gave him in his Cincinnati stint. Heck, even at Rutgers behind Ray Rice, a superior back to Mike James and even Doug Martin, Leonard got more carries than he is now. I fully support Schiano getting fired and Leonard deserves some blame too for signing early in the off-season with this racist squad.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer

PamelaOC

Banned
Awake in America, Sir, let's just look at the bright side here. This say the first black qb down for the year and replaced with a White guy. This is only the first. There'll be more. I see rgiii, the guy in Buffalo, Oakland, Philly, NYC and even possibly SF all being replaced by White men. You can say I'm looking at things with rose colored glasses, but I think it's all very possible.

joegoofinoff...

Four out of seven isn't bad! Not bad at all. And in a sane world, Geno Smiff and EJ Manuel would have lost their jobs a long time ago. Kaepernick is the only one on that list of seven who can actually make a case for being an NFL QB.