2013 Philadelphia Eagles

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I was surprised not to find a thread for this years Eagles team which is far more white-friendly than the Fat Bastard teams before. Here is a common take on the QB situation by the fantasy football gurus, with Nick Foles playing lights-out:

[h=4]Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagles (owned in 13 percent of leagues)[/h] The Eagles might have a full-blown quarterback controversy on their hands. Foles took over for an injured Michael Vick and carved up the Buccaneers. More importantly, he had little to no issues running Chip Kelly's offense and looked comfortable in the scheme. Through three games of limited action, Foles has completed 41-of-61 passes for 542 yards, six touchdowns, zero interceptions and an impressive 8.9 yards per attempt.
Don't be surprised if Kelly says Vick "needs a couple more weeks" just to get a longer look at Foles. The Eagles face the Cowboys, Redskins and Raiders next, giving Foles legitimate QB1 upside if he keeps up this kind of production.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I was surprised not to find a thread for this years Eagles team which is far more white-friendly than the Fat Bastard teams before. Here is a common take on the QB situation by the fantasy football gurus, with Nick Foles playing lights-out:

Foles passer rating, 127.9, is 2nd in the NFL behind Manning's 128.8, but isn't officially qualified yet. Hopefully he will continue playing and have one of the top ratings by years end and emerge as a top young white QB!

I wish Washington's Kirk Cousins could get the same opportunity as Foles.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nick Foles is a very good qb as he was one of the nations top passers while at the University of Arizona. He is getting first team reps at practice this week which means he should at the minimum be starting another game. I think if he can continue to not turn it over, and lead the eagles to some more wins the unthinkable might just happen. The Dog Killer might finally be riding the bench as a backup. That would be wonderful as this is Foles time to shine!

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Foles passer rating, 127.9, is 2nd in the NFL behind Manning's 128.8, but isn't officially qualified yet. Hopefully he will continue playing and have one of the top ratings by years end and emerge as a top young white QB!

I wish Washington's Kirk Cousins could get the same opportunity as Foles.

Foles should be the starter for the rest of the season. He looks as if he could be a franchise quarterback.

Vick is not the future for the Eagles, Foles is.

The Eagles also have the promising Matt Barkley.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Nick Foles has been named the starter for the Eagles upcoming game against the Raiders. Foles has been out with a groin injury and a concussion.

Foles is a promising young player. Let's hope he can stay healthy.

Foles has the potential to be a franchise QB.

Foles is a promising young player. Let's hope he can stay healthy.

Foles has the potential to be a franchise QB.

True that..

My man Foles tossed 7 TDs today..,0 Ints.. A historic day.
Vick is done as a starter in Philly, no (?)

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I'm watching ESPN's recap of today's games.
Regarding Philadelphia, one of the guys said that Foles should be the starter going forward (obviously!).
However, Deion Sanders was not willing to agree, noting that yes, Foles threw 7 TDs, but it was against the Raiders. As if Foles' performance should be discredited because of this. Only a handful of QBs have ever done this, but Sanders dismisses it, because he wants Vick to remain the starter.
Then! to finish off this retarded reasoning, he said, "if Riley Cooper is taking you deep, there's something wrong with your defense."
What a racist *******!

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
This might be the first time in NFL history that a black starter at QB lost his job during an injury. Given the difference in talent (and wins) I think Foles may keep his job when Vick is healhy. But you can bet the media will be all over the Eagles about being a "racist" organization - especially if they make the playoffs with Foles and start 9 whites.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Head coach Chip Kelly named Nick Foles the starting quarterback "for the next thousand years." It's about time.

The Eagles are in good shape at quarterback. They also have Matt Barkley on their roster.