2011 Draft Snubs: Is this article "progress?"

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/15008583/when-lockout-ends-these-undrafted-players-will-get-calls

It is Caste at OT/DT, RB and corner.. but it does list a good number of the Whites that we have talked about on Caste Football.

Wide Receivers

1. Dane Sanzenbacher (Ohio State)

2. *Darvin Adams (Auburn)

3. Ricardo Lockette (Fort Valley State)

4. Jeff Maehl (Oregon)

5. Armon Binns (Cincinnati)

Tight Ends

1. Andre Smith (Virginia Tech)

2. Schuylar Oordt (Northern Iowa)

3. Collin Franklin (Iowa State)

4. Weslye Saunders (South Carolina)

5. Zach Pianalto (North Carolina)

Offensive Guards

1. Zach Hurd (Connecticut)

2. Ray Dominguez (Arkansas)

3. Carl Johnson (Florida)

4. Justin Boren (Ohio State)

5. Andrew Phillips (Stanford)

Centers

1. Kris O'Dowd (Southern Cal)

2. Zane Taylor (Utah)

3. Tim Barnes (Missouri)

4. Jake Kirkpatrick (TCU)

5. Alex Linnenkohl (Oregon State)

Defensive Ends

1. Ugo Chinasa (Oklahoma State)

2. Brandon Bair (Oregon)

3. Pierre Allen (Nebraska)

4. Eddie Jones (Texas)

5. Marc Schiechl (Colorado School of Mines)

Inside Linebackers

1. Jeff Tarpinian (Iowa)

2. Mario Harvey (Marshall)

3. Josh Bynes (Auburn)

4. Nick Bellore (Central Michigan)

5. Orie Lemon (Oklahoma State)

Outside Linebackers

1. Adrian Moten (Maryland)

2. Mark Herzlich (Boston College)

3. Jeremiha Hunter (Iowa)

4. Scott Lutrus (Connecticut)

5. *Thomas Keiser (Stanford)

Free Safeties

1. Deunta Williams (North Carolina)

2. *Jerrard Tarrant (Georgia Tech)

3. Anthony Walters (Delaware)

4. *Will Hill (Florida)

5. Brian Lainhart (Kent State)

P.S. -- Some White athletes are listed in the comments (Colby Whitlock, Ryan Winterswyk, Preston Dial, Patrick DiMarco).. and some people give praise to Maehl and Sanzenbacher.

Edited by: Deadlift

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Jeff Maehl and Dane Sanzenbacher not being drafted was very sickening. I think there are more fans that are scratching their heads about situations like this, than we would see even 3 or 4 years ago.

And to think of all the time devoted to the Stafon Johnson injury and inspirational recovery last year. Johnson got a roster spot with the Titans after running a slow 4.68 40 for a RB. I know Herzlich ran a slow 40 for an OLB, but the bone cancer and the leg operation took a lot out of him. Herzlich has an upside of getting back to what he was. I believe that Herzlich can still be a solid NFL LB and an inspirational story like Johnson. Will he get the chance like Johnson did?

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I don't consider Herzlich an athletic freak -- but he has size, intensity, smarts, skills (tackling and coverage).

Other snubs are Brackett & Colasanti (both from Penn State).

Charlie Gantt & Eric Gordon (both from Michigan State).

Konrad Reuland (he could be another "hybrid TE" for Indy).

Kyle Hix (he is a little bit "tight" but isn't worse than the black slobs that got picked; Florida's O-line was ATROCIOUS and, yet, the carpet was rolled out for Pouncey and Gilbert, and super-scrub Maurice Hurt was a 7th rounder).

Bront Bird, Matt Berning, DeCicco, Mike McNeil.

TwentyTwo

Master
Jon "Chuckie" Gruden was interviewing/watching game film of Sugar Bowlwith Terrelle Pryor earlier on ESPN...kept mentioning the name "Sanzenbacher"...how he bailed him out on misguided pass tipped for TD & Pryor's fumble he recovered in end-zone for TD....Gruden kept asking him his name...then he asked him "Where was he Drafted"?? Pryor said "he wasn't"....Gruden said "What is Wrong with this World"??

Man could that could have reallyopened-up a whole new can of caste-worms!! Sanzenbacher & Maehl should have been drafted...can wait to see where they land in rookie free-agency!

Just like Blair White & Chris McGaha not being drafted in 10'...what a JOKE!

How did Herzlich get passed on when O-Lineman Cannon was drafted?

Bair was another suprise snub..maybe being a rookie at 26 is the excuse?? It worked for old-school Pierce Holt!

Lainhart should land on a 53-man squadIMO come Sept. if there is a season to start??
Edited by: TwentyTwo

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure Chucky wasn't being sarcastic? I watched a schtick with him and Pryor earlier today, similar to Gruden's super-easy "grilling"of Cam Newton. Chucky had Pryor give a few different play calls, then beamed ear to ear that Pryor was able to follow his simple instructions. Then they showed a clip of a Pryor pass, which Chuckie called "the pass of the year," which just happened to be dropped by Sanzenbacher in the end zone. Chuckie asked Pryor, "Who was that?" and Pryor said "Sanzenbacher." Of course Gruden knew who it was, he had to make sure everyone watching knew who it was.

Then there's Gruden's "quarterback school" or something like that now airing. I just watched a snippet, but again it was Chuckie with a black QB. The black QB made a poor throw to a receiver, even though there were no defenders, and Chuckie said, "Try to hit him in stride." The QB threw it again, and then there was a cut to the receiver catching the ball and running. It was likely an edit after the scatterarm QB finally made a decent throw, then they cut to a happy Gruden. Gruden is like a kindergarten teacher when he interacts with black quarterbacks.

I also couldn't help noticing that when Chuckie decided to play DB for a couple of plays that he's been packing it in at Chuckie Cheese or maybe his local buffet line. The Aryan looking Caste Clown waddled more than he ran. I just hope his brother Jay doesn't squander the talents of Jordan Shipley and Ryan Whalen in Cincinnati the way Chuckie caste aside Mike Alstott, Danny Farmer and some other White WRs while he coached Tampa.

TwentyTwo

Master
In that particular instance he was not being sarcastic...it was a legit call that no way Sanzenbacher should have been undrafted.

I think he knows deep down Pryor has a serious uphill climb at ever being an NFL QB...Pryor didn't act like the sharpest tool in the shed. Kiper has already said he should convert to TE.

I hope he doesn't squander Shipley's (or Whalen's) talents either....Wes Welker plays the slot...so that automatically means Shipley should too?? What a load of crap! Esp when you have guys like Nate Washington vyingfor starting role on another team...