2010 OL A.K.A. Snow Plows!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I think it's about time we start a thread for the white OL in the country. We all know many coaches especially in the South have started to build their whole team with "affletes" and have even sunk so low as to playing "sumos". Lets showcase some of our long, lean, and athleticTackles and even some of our short and squat, yet powerful Guards and Centers! Post some of your favorite players who will help plow the way for their teams!
* Couldn't find any good pics of Anthony Costanzo in action!
Tackles
Gabe Carimi

338dc1da-96b8-11de-98b6-001cc4c002e0.preview-300.jpg

The ever so athletic Nate Solder

s0404cufoot03_t600.jpg

Clint Boling
display_image.jpg

Guards and Centers
Stefan Wisniewski
3851617.jpeg

Kristofer O'Dowd

display_image.jpg

John Moffit

734343.jpg

Edited by: celticdb15

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Don't forget about UGA's bad@$$ Center, Ben Jones!
smiley2.gif

336936161.jpg

ben+jones+at+mark+richt+camp+scout.JPG

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Here's some underclassmen
Nate Potter

1107spbsu07.standalone.prod_affiliate.36.JPG

Matt Reynolds

Matt-Reynolds.jpg

Ryan Miller
690393.jpg

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
ANother of Ben Jones

RNGOJZHDIOOZFRW.20091201181914.jpg

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Tackles
Lee Ziemba

1249242674008675.jpg

Kyle Hix
1237964519.jpg

Guards and Centers

Zach Hebrer

2881551.jpg

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Here's another article regarding Nate Solder

<DIV =mod-er>
<H3>Big growth for Buffs big man</H3>
<DIV =datetime>June, 25, 2010
<DIV =monthday>Jun 25
<DIV =time>9:00
<DIV =timeofday>AM ET
<DIV =sub->
<DIV =page-s>
<UL>
<LI =first>Email </LI>
<LI>Print </LI>
<LI>Comments15 </LI>[/list]
<DIV =author>By David Ubben
<DIV =mod->When Nate Solder came to Colorado, he could hang clean about 250 pounds.

"My goal for freshman year was to get somewhere around 300," said the Buffaloes left tackle.

Heading into his senior year, Solder can hang clean a ripe 470 pounds, 45 more than any of his teammates. His power clean -- lifting a bar from the floor versus snapping it from a dead lift in the hang clean -- also leads at 415 pounds. Both are sure to grow with another season between him and the NFL.

He's tall -- 6-foot-8. He's lean -- 6.5 percent body fat and 305 pounds. He's quick -- with a 4.88 40-time and he can jump 32 inches.

There's little argument that Solder is the resident "workout warrior" in the Colorado program.

"Someone else gave me the title, but all my goal has ever been is to do what the coaches tell me to do," he said.

Solder credits -- who else -- his strength and conditioning coach Jeff Pitman for his staggering progress throughout his career. During the heaviest lifting periods, Pitman had his players doing hang and power clean twice a weak, constantly adding weight instead of repetitions.

"Every other one of my lifts is about the same as everyone else, my cleans just became noticeably higher in the last two years," Solder said. "I think it has a lot to do with just natural ability. Some guys will be better on bench and some guys on clean."

It should come naturally to Colorado's soon-to-be three-year starter protecting the quarterback's blind side at left tackle. He'll be the best lineman -- and player -- for the Buffs and help pave the way for running back Rodney Stewart, too.

"You've got to be explosive [on the field], and a big part of being able to clean is being explosive -- using your hips and exploding," Solder said. "It comes in on run blocking when you're moving a guy off the ball, and it comes in on pass blocking when you're trying to stop a guy from bull rushing you."

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Have you guys noticed all the images of giant White O-linemen standing next to midget black RBs? Colorado is a good example with their running back Rodney Stewart.

With these images, people can start to see that we are indeed the largest race in the world. Sooo many of these black 'backs that are popping-up are only 5-7 and 5-8, and some are thin and some are obese at 220 pounds. Many of these blacks' DO NOT have "longer legs" than White skill-players. They also look like they belong in a freakshow of a circus, rather than being treated as "genetic wonders" that all women should desire.

It's kind of the same situation with all these black short-stacks at guard and DT.. Yeah, black community, you can create blobs.. be proud! All the while, Whites will continue to create REAL MEN that will fight tooth-and-nail against the Caste System.

Happy New Years to everyone!!Edited by: Deadlift

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
celticdb15 said:
***Everyone here should take a look at this link from draftdaddy. Several of our highly rated guys highlights!!!
<div></div>
<div> </div>
<div>http://bleacherreport.com/articles/553879-2011-nfl-draft-game-film-of-the-top-ten-offensive-line-prospects/page/1</div>

I only saw Castonzo, Carimi and Solder.. It was a typical Caste-list with losers like Mike Pouncey and Joseph Barksdale (because they play in the "SEC")!

The others' were Derek Sherrod (Miss. State), Tyron Smith (USC), DeMarcus Love (Arkansas), Rodney Hudson (Florida State) and Ben Ijalana (Villanova).

As someone in the comments mentioned, no Lee Ziemba on the list..

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Wisconsin continues to build their poweful line with in-state recruits and I am happy to see it. Going back now in recent years Wisconsin has produceda number of NFL players. Joe Thomas, Kraig Urbik, Casey Rabach, Mark Tauscher, andGabe Carimi and John Moffit will be drafted thisyear.

Take a look at a young linemen who isslated to start a Left Guard for the Badgers next year.

<H1>UW football: Left guard Travis Frederick is trying to develop a mean streak</H1>
<DIV ="hnews hentry item">
TOM MULHERN | tmulhern@madison.com | 608-252-6169 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting608-252-6169end_of_the_skype_highlighting madison.com | No Comments Posted | Posted: Friday, March 25, 2011 5:00 am
<DIV =article-share-top>
<UL>
<LI =fb><?: prefix = fb ns = "http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml" /><a href="" target="_blank"><a href="http%3A%2F%2Fhost.madison.com%2Fsports%2Fcollege%2Ffootball%2Farticle_525c42ba-5676-11e0-beed-001cc4c002e0.html&amp;layout=standard&amp;locale=en_US&amp;node_type=link&amp;sdk=joey&amp;show_faces=false&amp;width=470" target="_blank"></fb:like></LI>
<LI =tm>
tweetmeme_style = 'compact';tweetmeme_source = '';

< =text/ ="http://tweetmeme.com/i/s/.js">
< height=20 ="http://api.tweetmeme.com/.js?=http%3A//host.madison.com/ss/college/football/article_525c42ba-5676-11e0-beed-001cc4c002e0.&amp;style=compact&amp;o=http%3A//espn.go.com/blog/bigten&amp;b=1" Border=0 width=90 scrolling=no></LI>[/list]
<DIV =clear>
<DIV id=blox-story-media>
<DIV id=blox-story-photo-container>
<DIV id=blox-large-photo-page><A name=photos></A>

http://pictopia.com/perl/ptp/madiso...isions/4d8952a7806e0.hires.jpg&amp;pps=buynowWisconsin's Travis Frederick (72) runs through a drill during the first day of spring practice for the Badgers on Tuesday. M.P. King/State Journal
<DIV style="DISPLAY: none" class="loading-block img-loading" jQuery1301266686707="29">s a football player, offensive lineman Travis Frederick has always been among the smartest and the strongest.
<DIV id=blox-story-text =entry->

He also has been among the nicest.

The first two qualities translate well onto the football field. The third one? Not so much.

Frederick was smart enough to become the first offensive lineman in University of Wisconsin history to start the season opener as a true freshman in 2009 when he played center against Northern Illinois.

He is bright in the classroom, too, with a double major in computer engineering and computer science. Frederick said UW doesn't let any more than 32 students into the computer engineering program.

The 6-foot-4, 326-pound Frederick is also one of the strongest players in the offensive line and is closing in on the team offensive squat record of 770 pounds, set by former fullback Chris Pressley.

Pressley did it with a calculated weight, meaning he did a lower weight but lifted it more times. Frederick prefers to do one repetition with a maximum weight.

He wouldn't say exactly where he is, but said UW coach Bret Bielema's recent statement of 780 pounds was a little high.

"We're going to keep that downstairs" in the weight room, Frederick said. "I'm getting close (to the record). It's better than last year. I've gotten a lot stronger, especially in this offseason."

Then there's the nice-guy image, fostered by the way he conducted his business at Walworth Big Foot High School as well as his cooperation and pleasantness in dealing with the media.

Frederick's coaches were always telling him he was too nice and needed to play with more aggression.

"They talk about flipping a switch, to being mean," Frederick said. "In high school, I never could do it. When I first came here, I never could do it."

While his teammates got fired up before games, Frederick wanted to calm down. It was part of his cerebral approach to the game.

"Your parents teach you when you're young, ‘Calm down, let it go,'" Frederick said. "I've always done that. Before games. I didn't listen to hard-core rock music. I listened to music that would calm me down. I wanted to think clearly, I wanted to have an open mind when I went in the game."

After four starts as a freshmanâ€" two at center and two at left guard â€" Frederick was redshirted last season due to a glut of quality linemen. He'll be a third-year sophomore, and he's going through spring practices for the third time after enrolling early in January 2009.

He spent game days last season charting plays, including down and distance, the play, the defensive alignment and any adjustments.

"You had to watch the game almost from a coach's standpoint," Frederick said. "I was able to step back from the game. Instead of saying, ‘This was my assignment on this play,' I could look at the offense as a whole, learn more about wide receiver blocking and things generally an offensive lineman doesn't really care about."

And with no games to play, Frederick had time to hone his technique.

"I feel like when you go and play a game, you lose things," he said. "You do things just to get them done and you have to make adjustments on the run. By not playing a game for 12 months and working on all technique, I don't have to think about it."

Still, the biggest thing Frederick got out of missing the games during the Badgers' run to the Rose Bowl was how to finally "flip the switch."

Part of it was watching senior left guard John Moffitt, whom Frederick is expected to replace in the starting lineup. Moffitt was known for his sense of humor and congeniality off the field, but he was tough and nasty on it.

Not playing in games made Frederick appreciate them all the more. In turn, he learned how to focus his energy, frustration and anything else he could find to his benefit on the field.

"Everybody knows it's tough and it grinds all season," he said. "But when you don't get to go out and play, it makes you appreciate what time you have.

"Going out and practicing every day, knowing you're not going to play the whole year ... you just get worn down and it starts to come out. I've learned how to channel that and use it on the field. I think that has helped me become a lot better player."