2006 Nebraska Cornhuskers

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the projected white starters for the upcoming season. Nebraska has whitened considerably from last year.

Offense
QB-Zac Taylor
FB-Dane Todd
WR-Nate Swift
TE-Matt Herian
LT-Chris Patrick
C-Kurt Mann
RG-Mike Huff
RT-Matt Slauson

Defense
SLB-Stewart Bradley
FS-Andrew Shanle
MLB-Corey McKeon
DE-Jay Moore
DE-Adam Carriker

Look for WR Todd Peterson to see plenty of action, as well as G Andy Christensen

Freedom

Mentor
Nebraska is rebounding from the Jamal Lord dynasty I see. If I remember correctly, they were really starting to turn black. Solich was always better than Bill Callahan who really pisses me off sometimes.

Such a joke in Oakland.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Now that I look back on last years team, they only have 2 more white
starters than last year, but the significant fact is that last year, their were 11
whites and 11 blacks, while this year it is 13 whites and just 9 blacks. That
is a rare shift in today's NCAA 1-A. Still, we'll have to see what happens over
the through 2008 to see if the change is real. Ditto for Notre Dame.

sunshine

Mentor
Always a Nebraska fan they have some serious studs. Herian has been injured so not sure about him. Before injury he was a TE who could stretch the field. Shanlie runs a 4.3 40 and Carriker is a keeper. Mckeon who can fly is an exceptional athlete. And there are more. Go Huskers!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Carriker may be a first or second round NFL draft pick. Nebraska generally started around 15-18 whites in the pre-Callahan era. Callahan came in with the intention of making the Cornhuskers resemble an SEC team, replete with the awful Jamal Lord at QB. Another black QB, Joe Dailey, was a flop and left the program. I hope Callahan is the next to leave.

whiteCB

Master
Carriker is the real deal at DE. With a big senior year and a good combine he WILL be a 1st Rd pick.

G

I really liek Carriker...acutally I like the whole nebraska team minus callahan and I hope they suceed.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Ruud is actually listed behind a black at the WLB position. There will
probably be chances for him to move up into the starting spot during the
season. Lets hope he does.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
All's well in Lincoln under Billy Callahan:

"Nebraska will allow a recruit accused of sexual abuse to join the football team, but coach Bill Callahan says a 'zero tolerance' policy will be in effect for defensive back Major Culbert. Culbert was sentenced this month in Eugene, Oregon to five years of probation and 25 days in jail after he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges of criminal trespassing and harassment."

224343.jpg

I remember reading the autobiography of the late LA Times columnist Jim Murray. Murray had a chapter on each sport. In his chapter on college football, Murray wrote that many coaches prefer a player who has some off-field violence in his background. They think this type of player is "tougher" than a clean cut, well-behaved player.

From our standpoint this upcomming game aginst USC will be the biggest of the weekend. Nebraska is indeed more white then Notre Dame, Ohio State, or Penn State. Nebraska is currently ranked number 19th in the nation. USC, of course, while being more white then they were last year, has only got 6 white starters.

The only drawback to a USC loss would be in that USC Quarterback John David Booty would take the blame. Therefore Mark Sanchez may replace him as the starter. Whitch would be fine except for in that this is Los Angeles and the Hispanic community would leverage Mark's success as a means to achieve its political asperations. Amnesty.

Nonetheless we have to break the caste system and Nebraska is in a position to do just that.

By the way thanks for the informative lists Colonel Reb.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
My pleasure OC football! Yes, the Huskers winning would be a good one for us, although I want to see John David do well. I think a lot of his family.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Some news that might help more whites start next season.

Black CB Out
<DIV =firstP>LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - Nebraska cornerback Zack Bowman will miss up to six months after having surgery Thursday on his right knee.

"We feel very badly for Zack," coach Bill Callahan said in a statement. "He has worked diligently to rehabilitate his previous injury, and this is a tough setback for him."

Bowman missed the 2006 season following surgery on his left knee to repair the anterior cruciate ligament, which was torn on the third day of fall practice. The latest injury is a ruptured patellar tendon.

Bowman decided to returned to Nebraska for his senior after passing on an opportunity to enter the NFL draft as a junior. An NFL draft advisory panel projected him as a second-round draft pick.

Callahan said he didn't see Bowman get hurt, but it was his understanding that the senior from Anchorage, Alaska, was injured when his legs got tangled with those of a receiver during a seven-on-seven drill.

Black RB Out
<DIV =firstP>LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - Nebraska running back Kenny Wilson broke his leg moving a television and likely will be out for the season.

Cornhuskers coach Bill Callahan said Wednesday that Wilson broke his femur during a freak accident on Monday and has already undergone surgery.

"Our hearts go out to Kenny as he tries to rehab from a real tough injury," Callahan said. "This is a real tough circumstance for him. Just when he's seemingly feeling better, this is a tremendous setback for him personally."

Also, cornerback Zack Bowman, who missed the 2006 season following surgery on his left knee, injured his right knee in a collision Wednesday. The extent of his latest injury wasn't immediately known, Callahan said.

Wilson was already being held out of spring practice while recovering from a previous leg surgery. He ran for 335 yards and four touchdowns on 75 carries as a junior last season.

Nebraska is facing a shortage at running back.

Cody Glenn has been limited by a nagging foot injury, leaving Marlon Lucky as the only healthy returning I-back. Major Culbert, a converted safety, and newcomer Marcus Mendoza have been playing running back this spring.

"We were planning to go through the spring without Kenny, but we weren't prepared to lose him in the fall," Callahan said.

Callahan said he hopes Wilson takes a redshirt year and returns to the team in 2008.

Bowman was not supposed to be participating in contact work this spring. He missed last season after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee the third day of fall practice.

Callahan said he didn't see Bowman get hurt, but it was his understanding that the senior from Anchorage, Alaska, was injured when his legs got tangled with those of a receiver during a seven-on-seven drill.