2006 LSU Fighting Tigers

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the projected starting white Tigers this upcoming season.

Offense
FB/TB-Jacob Hester-has started 5 games at FB and 1 at TB this season.
TE-Keith Zinger
LG-Will Arnold
C-Brett Helms
LT-Peter Dyakowski

Defense
MIKE LB-Luke Sanders
RE-Chase Pittman

Look for TE Mit Cole to get some playing time, as well as QB Matt Flynn, who could end up leading the team by season's end. On defense, SS Craig Steltz should get some playing time, as should WILL LB Jason Spadoni, MIKE LB Jacob Cutrera, and LE Ryan Willis.
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Deus Vult

Mentor
Craig Steltz and Ryan Willis should compete for starts and will get significant playing time even if they do not start games.

It will interesting to see if Steven Korte will get even mop-up duty as RB or FB, due to the depth the Tigers have in the backfield, or if he may change position.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
LSU Safefty Craig Steltz had a great interception and 16 yard return! I don't know if he started the game, but he is making a big impact.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jacob Hester is leading the game in receiving yardage at halftime with 21 on 3 catches. If "Cannon Arm" Russell can get the ball into him, LSU will have a much better chance of winning this game. I cannot believe the stupid announcer who said he has the best arm in college and probably the pros. What a suck upping tongue flapper!
smiley11.gif

Deus Vult

Mentor
Steve Beuerlein was that stupid CBS announcer. He definitely made himself look silly.

Look at the fawning over DuhMarcus' arm strength this way: what they are not saying, ad nauseum, is that he's "heady," "smart," or a "field general." By dousing Russell with the same two or three compliments every time hs name is mentioned, they make it even more apparent that no one believes he is a complete QB. Russell is just a big, strong guy who is otherwise an average QB.

LSU is loaded with offensive talent, which combines to make DuhMarcus look good. His fellators are quick to cite his record as a starter, which is something like 15-3 now. That record, though, belongs to the team. It's not as though Russell carries the team, like they'd be rather average without him. They don't win by blowing anyone out; defense is LSU's strength.

DuhMarcus Russell would not be 15-3 if he were the starting QB at Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Kentucky, or South Carolina. He wouldn't make Arkansas a better team. He would not make 'Bama an SEC Champ contender (and forget Vandy - he'd never make the grades!).

Notice the CBS commentators refrained from harsh criticism of the way Russell mis-managed the clock on LSU's last drive. He wasted valuable seconds by taking a sack that was long in the making, instead of throwing the ball away. Everyone knows he could "flick his wrist" and dump the ball beyond the sidelines, right? So, the Tigers wind up on the 5 yard line as time expires...

Triad

Mentor
Deus Vult said:
They don't win by blowing anyone out; defense is LSU's strength.

Except in their bowl game when Flynn QB'd.
smiley36.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Update for Jacob Hester, a TB/FB with skyrocketing popularity. If you don't believe me, check out how many people from Lousiana have the Jacob Hester/LSU background on their MySpace pages.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
additionally, he has been named the new starter at tailback for the Tigers, as i mentioned on the white RB thread in the other CF Stars page!
smiley32.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
and don't forget about safety Craig Steltz! he's among the nation's leaders in interceptions, despite being a back-up and only playing in nickel and dime situations. he's very good.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I am glad Jacob is starting this week after doing so last week, but I would be cautiously optimistic about his chances of starting for the rest of the season.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Take it one game at time. I'm optimistic that he won't waste his chance and will have a big game, let's all hope so!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i almost forgot, even thought Colonel Reb has him listed.
smiley9.gif
DE Chase Pittman is having a monster year! LSU's defense is among the best in the country.

Triad

Mentor
Try www.tigerdroppings.com, go to the Tiger Rant and see how much the fans like Les Miles and Jamarcus Russell.
smiley1.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Matt Flynn is battling a black kid for the staring QB job at LSU. Matt had a good spring game, throwing for 135 yards and a TD. Strangely, Jacob Hester didn't run the ball much. I couldn't find the stats for the game, but his name appeared nowhere in the game's highlights artcile. Other than Safety Craig Steltz, Flynn and Hester may be only bright spots on a still very dark LSU team.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
<DIV =firstP>LSU dismisses 3 football players
<DIV =firstP>AP-posted 23 hours ago
<DIV =firstP>
<DIV =firstP>BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - LSU coach Les Miles dismissed three football players Thursday for unbecoming conduct.

LSU refused to say what freshman defensive back Troy Giddens, freshman offensive lineman Zhamal Thomas and sophomore offensive lineman Kyle Anderson had done to be thrown off the team, but all three recently had problems with the law.

Giddens and Thomas were arrested last week, accused of breaking into a campus apartment, stealing a backpack that held money and credit cards, and using a stolen credit card to buy more than $200 worth of items online. Each player was booked with simple burglary of an inhabited dwelling and identity theft.

Anderson was booked early Monday with second-degree battery after getting into a fight at a popular campus hangout.

"There is a standard that we insist upon with members of our football team when representing this university, our community and the state of Louisiana," Miles said in a statement. "When that standard isn't met some adjustments must be made."

Thomas

ZHAMALTHOMAS8_18A150.JPG

Anderson

LGZJPEYKGZJKJGL.20060503194715.jpg

Giddens

228681m.jpg

Kaptain

Master
Looks like they threw in Anderson's crime (getting in a fight) just to add some racial balance. When was the last time a black player got booted for getting into a fight?

Triad

Mentor
Kaptain Poop said:
Looks like they threw in Anderson's crime (getting in a fight) just to add some racial balance. When was the last time a black player got booted for getting into a fight?
I don't know any details but if he was dismissed for a run of the mill bar fight sounds like the honorable coach Miles needed a white sacrificial lamb to keep the tribe happy.

JonCurtis

I agree, "sources" tell me words were exchanged and he waited for the guy outside the bar, typical bar fight to me. And they could have waited till the case went to court, before throwing him off the team at least suspend him till you hear a judges ruling **see Chase Pittman beat up a fan sent them to the hospital got arrested last year. If the Giddens and Thomas thing would not have happened a couple days earlier, there is NO WAY Kyle gets the boot.

whiteCB

Master
JonCurtis said:
I agree, "sources" tell me words were exchanged and he waited for the guy outside the bar, typical bar fight to me. And they could have waited till the case went to court, before throwing him off the team at least suspend him till you hear a judges ruling **see Chase Pittman beat up a fan sent them to the hospital got arrested last year. If the Giddens and Thomas thing would not have happened a couple days earlier, there is NO WAY Kyle gets the boot.

Wait what happened to Chase Pittman at LSU? He was involved in a fight or something? I would like to know considering my favorite NFL team, the Browns, just drafted him.

JonCurtis

Pittman was at Bogie's Bar and Grill near LSU where everyone hangs at, a girl that was a friend of his, said someone grabbed her breast along with other girls, well Chase being the gentleman he is confronted the guy outside the bar and the drunk took a swing, so chase knocked him out, I don't condone violence, but he got what was coming to him. Cops found the guy outside the bar with his eye swole
smiley18.gif
up brought him to the hospital and pressed charges on chase. Miles suspended him till he went to court instead of cutting him, needless to say charges were dropped and he rejoined the team.

whiteCB you got a hard worker and a leader who respects women and is a stand up guy. I wouldn't worry.
smiley32.gif

whiteCB

Master
JonCurtis said:
Pittman was at Bogie's Bar and Grill near LSU where everyone hangs at, a girl that was a friend of his, said someone grabbed her breast along with other girls, well Chase being the gentleman he is confronted the guy outside the bar and the drunk took a swing, so chase knocked him out, I don't condone violence, but he got what was coming to him. Cops found the guy outside the bar with his eye swole
smiley18.gif
up brought him to the hospital and pressed charges on chase. Miles suspended him till he went to court instead of cutting him, needless to say charges were dropped and he rejoined the team.

whiteCB you got a hard worker and a leader who respects women and is a stand up guy. I wouldn't worry.
smiley32.gif

Thanks for the insider info. With the punks the Browns have at DT I can see Pittman starting his 2nd year.

JonCurtis

2007 Spring Review for LSU is done on the bad side they list Jacob Hester as a FB
smiley7.gif
. On the good side S Craig Steltz was voted onto the sporting news all spring team. Edited by: JonCurtis