2006 Georgia Bulldogs

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the white starters for the Bulldogs in 2006.

Offense
QB-Matthew Stafford
FB-Brannan Southerland
TE-Tripp Chandler
TG-Michael Turner
TT-Daniel InmanEdited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
FB Brannan Southerland had 2 catches for 29 yards and a very important TD. Backup QB Joe Cox had a good day going 10 for 13 for 154 yards and 2 TDs after replacing Matthew Stafford in the 2'nd half.

Triad

Mentor
After another dropped ball in the first half, the announcers said something like "the Georgia receivers are some really good athletes, they just don't catch very well."
smiley24.gif
That's a great caste quote.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
So far, FB Brannan Southerland has been the difference maker against Ole Miss. He has 6 carries for 14 yards and 2 TDs. He also has 3 catches for 10 yards. Dang-it! Some black RB just scored for Ole Miss. I was hoping for a repeat of the 2003 Arkansas game, where all the scoring was done by whites. Just 6:17 away! Schaeffer tried to throw the 2 pt. conversion to Robert Lane, but he was off on his throw. When are people going to wake up that blacks are not good QBs?
smiley7.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Brannan played another whale of a game tonight. He had 4 big carries for 18 yards and a TD, plus 3 catches for 38 yards and a TD.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
FB Brannan Southerland had 6 runs for 12 yards and a score, plus a 12 yard catch in the win Saturday. TE Tripp Chandler caught this touchdown pass plus another catch for 39 yards total.
smiley32.gif

d0179514-b4e6-4c9a-9079-0f8866a5ac7c.jpg

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
A couple of changes to Georgia's white starters, including the addition of Tripp Chandler as a starter. Here's an article explaining the change.
TE Tripp Chandler
BGCUTFTJLZJZSGX.20060616134505.jpg

Milner loses starting job over dropped passes
BY DAVID CHING
Staff Writer
ATHENS, Ga. ­ A pair of fourth-quarter passes dropped by Martrez Milner cost Georgia valuable field position in last Saturday's loss to Florida.

Those drops have also cost the preseason all-SEC tight end his starting spot, as Milner will back up sophomore Tripp Chandler this week against Kentucky.

"The way I played on Saturday, I knew I probably didn't deserve to start. I wasn't making plays for my team," Milner said. "When I heard today the news, I wasn't shocked. I've just got to take it as a lesson and learn from it."

Although Milner is tied for the team lead in receptions (17) and touchdown catches (two) and is second in receiving yards (232), he will take a back seat this week to Chandler.

Milner missed Georgia's previous game against Mississippi State with turf toe and Chandler filled in, catching two passes for 37 yards, including a leaping 21-yard touchdown catch on fourth down.

He said Milner came up and offered his support after they were told of the depth chart change ­just as Chandler had supported Milner when he was the backup.

"As a second-string, you're there to help out the guy that's in there playing and out there fighting," Chandler said. "He came up to me and said, 'I got your back.' It meant a lot to me because I said it to him before each game."

Milner said tight ends coach David Johnson said they would likely have an even split on reps against Kentucky, but he wants to win the starting spot back.

"I've got to take it as an eye-opener," Milner said. "I guess I took it for granted that I had a starting position and wasn't working as hard as I should. I just know I've got to work hard as I can."

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
A couple of injuries to black TEs make it look even more likely that Tripp Chandler will keep his starting spot next year. On the defensive line a couple of injuries this spring will allow a couple of whites to compete for the starting job. I'm looking forward to seeing their starters next year. Matthew Stafford will be the QB.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Brannan led the entire team in scoring AND touchdowns last year. (White) WR Kris Durham was leading receiver during this weekend's G-Day game and has tons of potential. Tripp Chandler looks to be solid at TE. Of course the best player on the team is white...future NFL #1 draft pick Matt Stafford!

GO DAWGS!!!</font>
smiley4.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Nice to hear about that spring game, Dixie. I hope Kris gets a chance to start this fall. Brannan, Kris, and Tripp could make for an interestingyear with Matt at QB. Imagine if they all started every game! Here's to hoping it happens.