2006 Clemson Tigers

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are Coach Tommy "Sonny Boy" Bowden's projected white starters for 2006.

Offense
QB-Will Proctor
FB-Alex Pearson
TE-Thomas Hunter
WR-Tyler Grisham-In a battle for the position
LG-Roman Fry
C-Dustin Fry-no relation
RG-Nathan Bennett

robcat

Guru
7 white starters??? that''s the most since when the 80s? Wasnt it just two seasons ago when the center was the only white starter on the team. Clemson-South Carolina was always the dredges of zealously pro caste programs.

How many white starters did Clemsons championship team have in 1981? Even back then whites looked to be few and far between

white is right

Hall of Famer
That team for that era(81)was ahead of the bell curve. College football was still largely white, but I don't recall any white players beyond linemen on that team. Granted it has been forever since they won the national championship....
smiley5.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Sophomore WR Tyler Grisham is leading the team in receiving tonight. He has just 14 catches for 140 yards and 1 TD this season. He is a starter, but is getting less catches than 2 of his teammates. Total idiocy, but it happens all the time to white skill players.
smiley7.gif

zz%20153.jpg

cslewis1

Guru
CLemson is getting spanked by VA tech right now, of course BC beat both teams and handily beat Tech, but the media never talks about them as a dominant team. Except for one stupid loss to NCState they'd be undefeated.
smiley7.gif

Is that guy Tyler Grisham white? Hard to tell from the above pic.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yep, he's white. You know, pics can be deceiving sometimes.

High School
372048_TylerGrisham0.JPG

Scouting Picture
TYLERGRISHAM4150.JPG

Here's one from the Temple game last year. I feel an ouch coming on!
zz%20424.jpg
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
<DIV ="firstP">I thought this was kind of a sad story.
<DIV ="firstP">
<DIV ="firstP">
fba60471-fa8c-47ea-b3d6-9402b4ba95b4-big.jpg

<DIV ="firstP">
<DIV ="firstP">CLEMSON, S.C. (AP) - Clemson running back Ray Ray McElrathbey, who took custody of his 12-year-old brother last year, was suspended from the team for at least four practices because of academic concerns.

Coach Tommy Bowden said McElrathbey return to the team after spring break if he gets his class work in order.

McElrathbey is raising his brother, Fahmarr, because of their mother's drug addiction. Bowden was asked if McElrathbey's numerous responsibilities led to academic problems.

"I think we have been awful patient in that regard," Bowden said. "We've gone above and beyond the call of duty."

McElrathbey, 20, said he expected to return to the team.

"I've got some academic matters I have to take care of," McElrathbey said Saturday through Clemson's sports information office. "I will take care of those matters and plan to be back at practice after spring break."

McElrathbey made headlines last fall when he took custody of his brother and won several humanitarian awards. Last month, he was presented the 2006 FedEx Orange Bowl-Football Writers' Association of America Courage Award during Clemson's basketball game with Duke.

The rising sophomore was not on the field when the Tigers started spring practice Saturday.

McElrathbey was switched from defensive back to running back before the Tigers bowl game. He is listed third on Clemson's depth chart and is expected to see action in behind the Tigers running stars James Davis and C.J. Spiller.

"It hurt him and the team" for McElrathbey to miss the practices, Bowden said.

The McElrathbey brothers share an apartment and had been living off Ray Ray's Pell grant, monthly stipend for living off campus and whatever odd jobs the older brother could pick up between his course work and football obligations.

After Ray Ray gained custody of Fahmarr last year, Clemson applied for â€â€￾ and the NCAA approved â€â€￾ a waiver of the governing body's extra benefits rule. That allowed Clemson's coaches, staffers and their family to help the McElrathbeys with rides to and from Fahmarr's middle school.

The NCAA also agreed that Clemson could set up a trust fund for the McElrathbeys, where money donated by well-wishers could be withdrawn to help Ray Ray raise Fahmarr.

About $50,000 was donated within the first few weeks. The figure had nearly doubled by Thanksgiving, when trust administrators stopped making the total public, at the request of Ray Ray McElrathbey.Edited by: Colonel_Reb