1968 Hatchet Job by SI

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Read this hatchet job on the 1967 St. Louis Cardinals of the NFL in the July 29, 1968 issue of Sports Illustrated and notice how the language is almost identical to that used by today's media Cultural Marxists, with the exception that the word "Negro" is intermingled with "black." Negro (and "colored") was common usage until late '67, early '68, and by the end of '68 had been completely replaced by black.

The article portrays the black Cardinalsas faultless saints and the "white supremacist" Cardinals as evil incarnate. Notice how the black players are repeatedly quoted by name while the White players remain anonymous the entire article. Makes demonizing them easier that way since none of the alleged quotes can be traced to an actual player. Do I mean that alleged incidents and quotes are made up and/or embellished? Yes I do.Using quotes from anonymous sources that magically fit a story's slant is a time-honored media tradition.

Black players several times refer to "white boys" in the article,itself a racist slur, but that's fine with SI.

1968 was the fateful year the permanent Cultural Marxist revolution erupted full boar in the U.S. That was the same year SI did a worshipful series on black athletes and otherwise did a complete 180 in how they covered White and black athletes, which is how it's been ever since. 1968 was the first year of the blossoming of the Caste System, though its full effects weren't to be seen for some years after that. I'm sure there were some not-so-quietracially conscious White playersin the NFL pre-1968, as there still was throughout the U.S., but '68 was the year the system went into overdrive mode to eradicate them from the country.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1081429/index.htmEdited by: Don Wassall

white is right

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Read this hatchet job on the 1967 St. Louis Cardinals of the NFL in the July 29, 1968 issue of Sports Illustrated and notice how the language is almost identical to that used by today's media Cultural Marxists, with the exception that the word "Negro" is intermingled with "black."  Negro (and "colored") was common usage until late '67, early '68, and by the end of '68 had been completely replaced by black. 
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div> </div>
<div>The article portrays the black Cardinals as faultless saints and the "white supremacist" Cardinals as evil incarnate.  Notice how the black players are repeatedly quoted by name while the White players remain anonymous the entire article.  Makes demonizing them easier that way since none of the alleged quotes can be traced to an actual player.  Do I mean that alleged incidents and quotes are made up and/or embellished?  Yes I do.  Using quotes from anonymous sources that magically fit a story's slant is a time-honored media tradition.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Black players several times refer to "white boys" in the article, itself a racist slur, but that's fine with SI.  </div>
<div> </div>
<div>1968 was the fateful year the permanent Cultural Marxist revolution erupted full boar in the U.S.  That was the same year SI did a worshipful series on black athletes and otherwise did a complete 180 in how they covered White and black athletes, which is how it's been ever since.  1968 was the first year of the blossoming of the Caste System, though its full effects weren't to be seen for some years after that.  I'm sure there were some not-so-quiet racially conscious White players in the NFL pre-1968, as there still was throughout the U.S., but '68 was the year the system went into overdrive mode to eradicate them from the country.  </div>
<div> </div>
<div>http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1081429/index.htm</div>
I'm surprised Brent Musberger still has a job at the high end of the broadcast industry. His portrayal of Smith and Carlos as "Black Stormtroopers" would probably have buried him as midnight disk jockey in Emporia Kansas for the rest of his career if it happened today....

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks for posting the link to this piece, Don. A lot of us weren't around to see all these changes happen during the late 60s, so it is very helpful to have evidence of the agenda (lies) that took hold at that time.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I also seem to recall(reading years later) that the Cardinals and the Redskins were the two teams that the liberal media deemed bigoted from this era. I don't think the Redskins got a Black player until Robert Kennedy threatened to sue the team when he was the Attorney General under his brothers administration. The Cardinals were also alleged to have kept there team as White as possible even in the speed positions. Edited by: white is right

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah white is right, the Redskins were certainly targeted and forced to integrate by the FedGov. If they hadn't started playing in what became RFK stadium in 1961, Marshall (the owner) probably wouldn't have integrated his team for several more years.

The Cardinals, while in Chicago in the 1950's, had Ollie Matson and other black players in the "speed positions." Both in Chicago and in St. Louis from 1960, the Cardinals had their share of black players on the team. The charge was that the Cardinals' white players were a bunch of racists.

The Washington Redskins were the last all-white team. In the last two seasons (1960-61) before integrating, the Redskins were 1-9-2 and 1-12-1. Edited by: sport historian

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
According to the SI article, "Almost every team, for example, has a cell of white racists like the one on the Cardinals, one that geographical origin does not explain."

Switch "black" and "white" andthis anti-White wet dream by SI is likely closer to today's racial dynamics in the NFL than what the '68 article described,except that the racism today is still sanctioned by White and Jewish coaches, GMs and owners.

Don Wassall said:
According to the SI article, "Almost every team, for example, has a cell of white racists like the one on the [COLOR=#0066cc">Cardinals[/COLOR">[/u], one that geographical origin does not explain."
<div> </div>
<div>Switch "black" and "white" and this anti-White wet dream by SI is likely closer to today's racial dynamics in the NFL than what the '68 article described, except that the racism today is still sanctioned by White and Jewish coaches, GMs and owners.   </div>

I recall one writer, whose name I forget, disputed the article somewhat. He asked why SI didn't write about teams where black and white players got along well, mentioning the Packers, Rams, and others.

I listened to St. Louis radio station KMOX in those days and was able to follow the Cardinals. They had a football "open line" every Monday night. The SI magazine story died out, partly because the Cardinals went 9-4-1 in 1968, missing the playoffs by half a game.

A few years later, famed broadcaster Jack Buck was hosting the KMOX call-in. A caller asked about the SI piece and Buck called it "trash." Then, around 1975 when Don Coryell was coaching in St. Louis, Buck had a black guest on the program who said the Cardinal situation was improved. Jack replied that he "had no idea" of the racial trouble on the Cardinals.

What did Jack Buck really think?

Truthteller

Mentor
One minute into reading this article I saw a name that really jumped out at me: Ex-Cardinals DB Roy Shivers!...The fact that there was severe racial strife on the Cards should be no suprise to anyone, if he was a "locker room leader"
smiley5.gif

He played well before I started watching football, so I know nothing about him as a player. But I saw an amazing piece about him on ESPN a few years ago (2004?). They sent marxists water-boy Jeremy Schaap up to Canada to talk to him about "racisim in football". After Shivers cried like a baby about being the target of racial slurs in the 1960's in the US, he openly admitted to Shaap that as a GM in Canada he only wanted to hire/sign black head coaches and quarterbacks for his team. Not surprisingly, Schaap never asked him ifhe wasbeing "racist'for only wanting black head coaches and quarterbacks? He just letShivers spout out his venom.

Here's an amazingyoutube link from Canada after he was fired for having a team full of thugs and him refusing to fire his black head coach.Note his appearence (he was about 66 at the time) andthe comments below the page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF-hS1j0hPw

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jeremy Schaap is a jewish piece of crap. Some of his "stories" on TV have been highly edited (to the point of being lies) so he can push a cultural Marxist message, not the truth. No doubt every NFL team has a group of blacks who hate Whites and will do whatever they can to keep them down. I honestly don't know how a lot of White players deal with that kind of locker room atmosphere.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Truthteller said:
One minute into reading this article I saw a name that really jumped out at me: Ex-Cardinals DB Roy Shivers!...The fact that there was severe racial strife on the Cards should be no suprise to anyone, if he was a "locker room leader"
smiley5.gif

<div>He played well before I started watching football, so I know nothing about him as a player. But I saw an amazing piece about him on ESPN a few years ago (2004?). They sent marxists water-boy Jeremy Schaap up to Canada to talk to him about "racisim in football". After Shivers cried like a baby about being the target of racial slurs in the 1960's in the US, he openly admitted to Shaap that as a GM in Canada he only wanted to hire/sign black head coaches and quarterbacks for his team. Not surprisingly, Schaap never asked him if he was being "racist' for only wanting black head coaches and quarterbacks? He just let Shivers spout out his venom.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Here's an amazing youtube link from Canada after he was fired for having a team full of thugs and  him refusing to fire his black head coach.  Note his appearence (he was about 66 at the time) and the comments below the page. </div>
<div> </div>Shivers looks and talks like a character out of an Elmore Leonard novel. Maybe he has a harem working the SB in Dallas over the next two weeks. Believe it or not he was hired after that interview by the BC Lions as the Player Personnel Director. I wonder how that interview went....
<div>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF-hS1j0hPw</div>
Edited by: white is right

Truthteller

Mentor
white is right said:
Shivers looks and talks like a character out of an Elmore Leonard novel. Maybe he has a harem working the SB in Dallas over the next two weeks. Believe it or not he was hired after that interview by the BC Lions as the Player Personnel Director. I wonder how that interview went....

Wow, I figured with all his baggage andhis age, he'd be done at any level. I guess the folks in Canada are really more crazy than I thought...His personal appearence and in your face attitude is extreme for a manin his mid 60's. Imagine the pain in the @ss he must've been for white coaches and players as a "angry young man" back in the 1960's? If the Cards had a hand full of Shivers on their team, it must've been ahorrible locker room setting
smiley5.gif

Colonel_Reb, I agree, Schaap is a real piece of work. I might want to point out, the reason he went up to Canada to track Shivers, was because Roywasthe first black GM in pro football history, according to Wikipedia?

I think that might be wrong, however,as Ozzie Newsome has been a GM forever in Cleveland and Baltimore.....Anyway, little Marxist Jr.from ESPN clearly went upto Canada to stir the pot -- asked Shivers why their were not more black owners/GM's, execs in the NFL? Asked him why aman of his stature couldn't land a GM job in NFL? Obviously he got the anti-white responses someone of his ilk was looking for, as Roy was very blunt with his agenda.

P.S: Just read the article a little further. Looks like Shivers was a race-mixing trailblazer, which explains a great deal to me. As I've notedmany times on this site, white athletes that play for black coaches and GM's that have white wives, better watch their backs. These guys seem to have an extradegree of hatred towards them -- Marvin Lewis, Lovie Smith, Doc Rivers, Dennis Green, ect...White athletesare ten times better playing for black coaches with black wives (i.e. Les Frazier, Jim Caldwell) then these pridless Uncle Tom's, that will go out of their way to destroy their careers and humiliate them in the process
smiley18.gif
Edited by: Truthteller

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Isn't Mike Singletary Minnesota's new linebacker coach/assistant head coach?

I don't carry much faith in Leslie Frazier (and they are a team that might want McNabb). I know it's pretty common for black head coaches to build an "overly black" staff... they'd rather go down with the ship than have "Whitey get any credit for success."

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
To the diversity police, Leslie Frazier's promotion probably takes some of the sting off of the very quick White hires that have been made in the NFL this season.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Minnesota will likely continue to start overrated OTs, Loadholt and McKinnie... they'll replace Fat Williams with another black DT (and they will probably draft a couple more of them in April).

It will be "business as usual" in the NFL.