White Receivers

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
By my count there are five white starting wide receivers going into the '07 season -- Kevin Curtis, Joe Jurevicius, Kevin Walter, Mike Furrey, and Brandon Stokley. Also, Drew Bennett could see the field quite a bit and may even have a better season than any of the five starters, same with Wes Welker. And Anthony Gonzalez may have a big impact right off the bat as a rookie.

It's most likely a matter of time, maybe days, until Furrey is demoted. In Denver, Brandon Marshall was handed the #2 job but he has yet to earn it, so Stokley is also "day to day." What Walter is facing has been well chronicled in his individual thread.

But still -- five white starting wide receivers and three others whoshould play a lot. That may be the most since the Caste System's ethnic cleansingkicked into high gear in the early to mid 1980s. And maybe, just maybe, receivers like Mike Hass and Jerheme Urban might be "allowed" to show how talented they are.

Whites have made inroads at linebacker, defensive end and tight end the past few years in the NFL. The situation is still ridiculously slanted against whites, but wide receiver may be the next position where the taboo is being weakened a tiny bit.

I think the blatantly obvious continuing failure of black quarterbacks is helping the cause. Again, we're talking about very incremental progress against a stacked system that has been institutionalized for decades, but the combination of pathetic black quarterbacks despite abundant opportunity, the continuing number oftalentedwhite football players at the many taboo positions who persevere year after year despite being continually screwed, and the large number of outright black criminals in the league, may together be factors helping white football players at least a tiny bit in the public mind and in the mind of coaches.Edited by: Don Wassall

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Don, I hope you are right about our WRs. It would be awesome if we had 5 or 6 starters and the backups were allowed decent reps. Maybe this year will be better for white WRs than 1999 was. I would like to see the trend reversed, and soon, but hopefully we wil see some progress this year.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The key is college recruiting. When the 119 I-A schools, or at least a significant portion of the big programs which are the NFL's minor leagues, start to recruit in as color blind a manner as is possible in a race-obsessed and politicized society, then genuine inroads in breaking downthe Caste System will take place. But in the meantime, every success by white players in the NFL helps change the widespread perception that whites are inferior at all positions except kicking, the offensive line, and quarterback.

The way whites continue to dominate the quarterback position in the NFL against the best-laid plans of the league and the media has been huge. The (seemingly) irrefutable logic of Caste Systemites has been, since blacks dominate everywhere else, why don't they dominate at quarterback? The real question is, since whites are so dominant at the most important position, why then are they so marginalizedjust about everywhere else?

Isn't Furrey the 3rd receiver in Detroit, behind Johnson and Williams?

backrow

Hall of Famer
he's second on the depth chart but he will line up in slot, where he does great. he might have a real good season again.

Wes Welker is my favourite player in the NFL. At 5'9" and white, he is the ultimate underdog in the Caste System.

What an amazing talent!
smiley1.gif

Angelcynn

Guru
TorontoArgos, Wes Welker is also my faveourite player. He is the complete opposite of what the media likes to describe white players as. He has that blistering acceleration, speed and some really good hips that can really tangle up the defense. I'm really looking foward to him playing for the Patriots this season with Brady throwing to him. Like wise Bulger throwing to Bennett will be interesting. However I do worry for Furrey with Johnson coming in despite his success last season, he is definatly vulnerable at Detroit.

jared

Mentor
I agree with Don and think WR is indeed the next shift. A look at the week 1 stats for NCAA shows some tremendous numbers from white WR's (Danny Amendola, Riley Cooper, Evan Moore, Dicky Lyons, Luke Swan, Scott McKnight, Joe Cowan). Plus there's a lot of other starters that are also on prominent teams with a good chance to put up big numbers (Andy Brodell, Chris McGaha, Nate Swift, Robbie Parris, etc). Plus guys like Matt Jones and Anthony Gonzalez cracking the first round in the last few years is huge.Edited by: jared

jaxvid

Hall of Famer

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Furrey should still put up decent numbers in the slot as should Gonzalez. But here's my optimistic projections: I really think Welker is going to get reps as the second WR in NE as well as the slot b/c Brady will love him. I also think Bennett will crack the starting lineup by next season, if not this season, in STL. And last but not least I think Matt Jones is going to become a starter this year when the team realizes how bad the receivers in front of him are sucking and that they need a good athlete in there and will stop denigrating him.

So here's my count for white starters by the middle of next season...Kevin Curtis, Drew Bennett, Joe Jurevicius, Matt Jones
smiley32.gif
, Brandon Stokley (still holding on
smiley32.gif
). Still 5, but overall the situations will be improving for everyone except Walter and Furrey.
smiley4.gif
Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I also do think your right Don. I think more people are opening their eyes to the success of whites in other sports and asking "what's up with the NFL?" The criminal mischief of inner city type blacks in the NFL also isn't helping. And I think more people actually are going to ask: is Rush Limbaugh so wrong in his assessment that the media is obsessed with black QBs?

However, I think the biggest factor may be Youtube. I see lots of comments other than my own defending white athletes on clips that get lots of views. There is also a group Caucasian WR's of America I found that is attempting to challenge the system in place and terms like "deceptive speed" and "gritty team player" and supposedly they may even try a legal challenge. Then there are good papers like the Chicago Sun Times that are doing good investigative reporting, about college recruiting and the ignoring of standout white H.S RB's with 4.5 speed so there is information everywhere if you aren't blind.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Let's break the Caste System!

In the name of Staley, Lumsden, Ball, Kircus, Standeford and everyone else who was Hosed over the years because of being white.

whiteCB

Master
I'm really looking forward to seeing all the starters throughout the year. Jurevicious should stay healthy this year and have a much better season. Curtis if all the pieces all right could be a Pro Bowler(just throwin it out there) I really believe that.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
ToughJ.Riggins said:
There is also a group Caucasian WR's of America I found that is attempting to challenge the system in place and terms like "deceptive speed" and "gritty team player" and supposedly they may even try a legal challenge.

You might want to take another look. Tongue is planted firmly in cheek. It's making fun of white receivers not trying to be an advocate group for them.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Really
smiley19.gif
. Well, what about Mike Semblers blog? I made some comments on that page as well. The guy claims to be a white WR cast-off and has a blog for white WR's I hope at least that one is legit.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I've never heard of Sembler. Will check out his blog when I can. Do you know the url?

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Never mind that was all part of the Caucasian WR's of America website...Apparently Mike Sembler is being sarcastic. I only saw the blog so I didn't read the sarcastic article describing what the group is about. The part where they say the white WR cried like a baby when he was called deceptively fast...I guess the whole thing is a joke. Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

schajw

I read some of the editorials here, and picked up Mike Furrey for my fantasy team. I'm not starting him the first week (I have two other options), but I plan to keep him for the season.

As for Stokely (I'm a Bronco fan, so I've been following that situation), he's been hurt, recovering from a major injury, so I'm not surprised he's not listed as the starter. Rod Smith is the same way. If/when Stokely and Smith return, I would expect Smith to get the nod, due to his history with the team and unselfish play (face it, White or black, Rod Smith is an unselfish player and does deserve at least some commendation, a refreshing change from someone like TO or Chad Johnson). Hopefully, for our cause, Stokely gets the chance to produce and do well.

From Oct. 22, 2007 Sporting News:

"Welker was double-teamed on his first touchdown reception against Dallas, but was SO FAST he split the cornerback and safety and caught a perfect spiral from Brady." (p. 34)

Once again, I'm pleasantly surprised that a writer would say that a white guy is SO FAST and not that he actually caught a pass because he runs good routes or has good hands.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
From the same issue of The Sporting News, a full-page article titled "Call Him Tom 'The Toolman' Brady." Three key reasons are given in the article for the Patriots' success on offense, two dealing with Moss and the receivers, the other with Brady. Not mentioned in the entire article is New England's tremendous offensive line. Ignorance, or wanting to give an all-white offensive line as little recognition as possible?

Poacher

Mentor
TSN is the worst pro-caste rag out there right now imo.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i don't know, they seem to be quite extreme: moderate praise of white athletes (quite rare, but happened recently) or pro caste disdain towards them. HS Coach and Don are providing us wiht a perfect example of that.