Where are they now?

lumsdenpower

Mentor
Wich team can I cheer for
smiley5.gif
?..
Lions are really nice to watch when they are at offence..but defense
smiley19.gif
Saints are really good in defense but the treatment of Hass,Lyman kill me...
Packers too is a cool team but no white player can run whit the ball no receiver or tight end or full back..
Patriots just need to throw to David Thomas or Garrett Mills...
Panthers need a white receiver..
Titans need a qhite QB..
Texans need whtie defensive player..
Rams need white defensive player
I REALLY hope that the next draft can fix me a team..

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
do what i do, and watch college football.
smiley2.gif
at least there, you can spot the occasional cornerback, running back, and receiver.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
Yep Ohio State are cool to watch ..I LOVE ben hartline..
But if Zbikowski can go to Indy, Leonard to Jets, Samardjiza to Bear ..White talented player need to be draft by some team who discriminalize the least the white player...
And I seriously don't want Samardjiza go with a BLACK QB
smiley7.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Travis LaTendresse, the ideal physical specimen for a wide receiver if he were darker, just got signed by the Las Vegas Gladiators of the Arena League.
smiley7.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Sean Considine update:

Defensive coordinator Jim Johnson said this week that he was happy with S Sean Considine as the starting strong safety and that former starting SS Michael Lewis would continue to play in nickel and dime situations.

Good to see Marc playing Pro football.

I was very dissapointed with the way the Packers treated him. The team's recieving corps is horrible, and they barely gave him a chance even when he played pretty well in the preseason.

nj816

The Giants had Boerigter in for a tryout about two weeks ago when Amani Toomer went down for the year. They were also contacted by the agent for Ricky Proehl at that time, as Proehl apparently still wants to play and being a NJ native felt it would be a good fit.

Of course, neither Proehl or Boerigter were signed, due to the plethora of receiving talent the Giants currently have to to fill the number two spot(Tim Carter, David Tyree, Michael Jennings & Sinorice Moss). These four guys make Corey Bradford look like Lance Alworth.
smiley5.gif

All kidding aside, the Giants current receiving situation is a microcosm of the discrimination white skill players face in the NFL. I can name countless white receivers that have been discarded in the past couple of years that are more talented than any of aforementioned four scrubs. However, we all know that the NFL is not a level playing field and this is a blatant example.&nbs p;

backrow

Hall of Famer
Nick Turnbull was signed from Falcons practice squad and played some special teams for Atlanta last week.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That is great news.He can run a 4.3 forty yard dash all day long.How many guys can say that?Let's hope that the Bills realize what they have.He could be another K.Curtis type.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Falcons had no interest in Bergeron, waiving him in training camp, yet he would have been a significant upgrade over all their pathetic receivers this season with the exception of the injured Brian Finneran.

Will Bergeron kick around the NFL for years before finally getting an opportunity, like Mike Furrey, another former Arena League star? Even that scenario is probably being wildly over-optimistic given the racial policies of the NFL.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Bears | Turnbull claimed off waivers
Wed, 13 Dec 2006 12:15:26 -0800

Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports the Chicago Bears have claimed FS Nick Turnbull (Falcons) off waivers from the Atlanta Falcons.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Leonardfan said:
Bears | Turnbull claimed off waivers
Wed, 13 Dec 2006 12:15:26 -0800

Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports the Chicago Bears have claimed FS Nick Turnbull (Falcons) off waivers from the Atlanta Falcons.

that's good news! if Johnson comes back and they actually let Turnbull play a little, that would make Bears quite white, defensively.

backrow

Hall of Famer
good news and bad news here:

bad news first: Brandon Stokely is out for the year, IR as of today. he had a whooping total of 85 yards and 1 TD...

good news: John Standeford got signed to Colts active squad!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
That stinks about Stokeley but he is 30 now and Standeford is 24 or 25 so hopefully he gets some playing time and shows enough promise and develops a rapport with Manning to become a fixture on the team next year. He is 6'4 and is the biggest WR on the team so he should provide a nice target.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
While we are on the Colts it looks liek Boiman and Rob Morris might be playing more on running downs since they need tough lbs who can actually takcle and stop the run.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
nj816 said:
Of course, neither Proehl or Boerigter were signed, due to the plethora of receiving talent the Giants currently have to to fill the number two spot(Tim Carter, David Tyree, Michael Jennings & Sinorice Moss). These four guys make Corey Bradford look like Lance Alworth.
smiley5.gif

p;

As a Giants fan I would agree partially with your assessment. Michael Jennings has proven little other than
some work ethic and a few good plays in training camp and the preseason. Tim Carter would be out of the league if he were white, he may be lightning fast, but can't catch well and was injured the last 3 seasons before this one.

Tyree the Giants like for special teams, as he's one of the best in the league in that department, so he is a valid keep. Also, it's too early to write the book on Sinorice yet, he comes from talented bloodlines, and has had a pulled quad this year. I'd still prefer Borighter, Bergeron, Kasper, Berlin, Lyman, or Hass over any of those guys though!

dwid

Hall of Famer
I think this should be bumped since it is a good example of players getting screwed and there have been quite a few since then.

BTW Derek Abney is now a coach

Abram Booty is a health insurance agent that coaches high school football on his spare time. This is the guy that lit up the SEC as freshman and sophomore. He had back injuries and that is why everyone said he transferred, but the biggest reason was coach Saban. He was never really given a chance to play in the NFL. He was invited to NFL Europe but declined.

Nate Kmic, the guy who holds the career rushing record with over 8,000+ yards is now a rb coach at Mount Union, although he has played some IFL when it isnt coaching season Even the game I watched of that he split carries with someone, despite doing well and much better than the other guy.

Kevin Kasper has some company xtreme fitness or something. I believe Keith Poole is a personal trainer too.

[video=youtube;PHvFMMp6OLs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHvFMMp6OLs[/video]

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kevin Kasper has some company xtreme fitness or something.

[video=youtube;PHvFMMp6OLs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHvFMMp6OLs[/video]

The only Kasper thread I could find was one from 2008, two years after he last played in the NFL during the regular season, in the Browns forum, a team he never played for although he was on the roster of a lot of teams at one time or another. http://www.castefootball.us/forums/t...9-Kevin-Kasper

The Pro Football Reference page on Kasper is quite illustrative of the way the Caste System treats so many White players. A fantastic athlete and record setting wide receiver at Iowa, Kasper was in the NFL for five seasons (2001-2004, 2006) on seven different teams. He had a total of but 24 catches in his NFL career (or one team for every 3.5 receptions), and all but one of those was in 2001 and 2002. But he hung on to his dream of getting a fair opportunity until at least 2008 before finally giving up.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
[video=youtube;d1Y4elwTgnA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Y4elwTgnA[/video]

the NFL is not even close to fielding the best talent available.

For a pretty good stretch of time starting in the late 1980s LSU was one of my favorite teams to watch despite being predominantly black, because they always had a good White receiver. Sammy Martin, Brett Bech and Booty come to mind. Martin was very fast but never made it past a training camp to a regular season NFL roster as I remember it despite (of course) looking great in preseason games.

Is Booty the last White receiver to start for LSU, or to get any significant playing time at all?

dwid

Hall of Famer
For a pretty good stretch of time starting in the late 1980s LSU was one of my favorite teams to watch despite being predominantly black, because they always had a good White receiver. Sammy Martin, Brett Bech and Booty come to mind. Martin was very fast but never made it past a training camp to a regular season NFL roster as I remember it despite (of course) looking great in preseason games.Is Booty the last White receiver to start for LSU, or to get any significant playing time at all?
I believe so. Steve Korte could have played there if they had put him there, he could have shredded some of the extra weight, his dad had some pull being a former Saints player and very involved with local sports, should have gotten his son a fair chance. He was 6 foot 225 pounds and ran a 4.3 at his pro day but was a backup fullback, could have played receiver, runningback, safety, linebacker etc. I guess not a single team in the NFL needs a guy close to 230 pounds that can run a 4.3? I remember Bech, he played at my high school, although quite a few years before me. I believe he had to walk on to LSU before becoming the teams leading receiver.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Articles about Luke Kuechly sometimes mention that he's the second all time leading career tackler in division 1A football. These articles never mention who was number one.

This led me to suspect that the leading tackler was white. Otherwise the media, which is black supremacist, would have given the name of the number one tackler.

Sure enough, the all time NCAA division 1A tackler is white. He's none other than linebacker Tim McGarigle, who played at Northwestern.

McGarigle had a typical career for a white player in the NFL. He was drafted late by the Rams, had a cup of coffee with them and was then "caste" (cast) out of the league.

McGarigle is 29 years old. An NFL team with run defense problems should consider giving him a shot.