Where are they now?

Don Wassall said:
Castefootballer, I wasn't referring to anything you wrote, just the same disgust we feel for the way white football players are treated.
Yeah np Don,I had just woke up and posted b4 the coffee had even kicked in.
smiley18.gif

nj816

Don Wassall said:
Urban was waived by the Seahawks (for at least the 10th time) in the middle of last season and given an injury settlement.  Haven't heard anything about him since.

I see that Urban is listed on the practice roster of the Dallas Cowboys.

devans

Mentor
Could be the first Dallas Cowboys White Receiver to see the field since Chiaverini.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Urban's in his fourth NFL season but still languishes on a practice squad??? 6-3 with speed to match, a career average of over 20 yards per reception in very limited play and he's on the practice squad. Parcells is another of that large group of NFL head coaches who will never use a white wide receiver.

Poacher

Mentor
I had forgotten about Kasper. Just went to his fan site and read that he was (of course) a walk on at Iowa but left the school holding all kinds of records. His site also said that he holds three NFL combine speed records. Anyone know anyhting about that?

The pictures show him to be absolutely ripped. He looks in great shape. He's 6'1" and 202. I'm starting to like this Martz guy. Seems that he wants guys that can run routes and catch passes without all the drama.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Geez, another white WR, the fans in Detroit are going to riot!
smiley7.gif

Maybe it's due to passage of proposal 2?
smiley4.gif

G

Notice how Kasper has lost the corn-ball Gorgeous George perma-tan & perfectly-coifed platinum hair?

Maybe Martz gave him a talking-to about that pretty-boy sh*t? Or, having a kid matured the guy?

Kasper_KevinHS.jpg

whiteCB

Master
Yeah that bleached blonde hair looked pretty gay. I mean being a white WR in the NFL your already going to be looked down upon but having bleached hair will only make it worse.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
he looks like a football player now? you mean except for the lack of melanin, right?
smiley5.gif

i've often heard from coaches that a guy "looks like a player" and never understood it. what does a "player" look like? and since when does the football give a crap what the guys who catch/carry/intercept it look like? i would think all that should matter is the ability to play the game.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I hope you guys who think Kasper looked gay feel the same about Chad Johnson's blonde doo and ear rings.
smiley36.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
he looks like a football player now? you mean except for the lack of melanin, right?

lol, yeah i was going to point that out. but before he looked like some sort of tv actor.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
what does a "player" look like? and since when does the football give a crap what the guys who catch/carry/intercept it look like? i would think all that should matter is the ability to play the game.

it should, but at the moment it's only skin color that matters.

whiteCB said:
Yeah that bleached blonde hair looked pretty gay. I mean being a white WR in the NFL your already going to be looked down upon but having bleached hair will only make it worse.

I don't see the big deal. I rocked the bleach-blond look in high school. Its just a standard hair color, its not like running around with pink or green hair. I played football and hockey, and I didn't get any negative attention from people. In fact, the girlies liked it.
smiley9.gif
If that idiot Deion Sanders (and other players) can run around in a pink suit like a damn pimp, Kevin Kasper can dye his hair blonde. Plus, you guys have to understand, that he probably did it to attract attention to himself. Because lets face it, making it in the NFL as White reciever is hard enough. People might only know him because of his hair, but at least they know who he is now. I'd rather be called, "Hey Blondie", than, "What the hell is your name again?".For years I had no idea who the hell Danny Farmer was

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I like the fact that he had the confidence to do it.Most whites know their place in the nfl.They are supposed to not disturb the real stars.
smiley7.gif
You have to just be quite,humble and say thank you.They can't be taking the attention away from the real athletes if you know what I mean.I would like to see more guys have the confidence of a Shockey/Kasper.Eventually,they will have to deal with some of these white stars getting the attention of the ladies too!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
According to one report I read, Kasper is going to be the Lions #3 receiver tomorrow. They really don't have a third receiver after Roy Williams and Mike Furrey so this is Kasper's chance. If the NFL was filled with coaches like Mike Martz the league wouldn't be nearly as racist as it is now.

Rise

Guru
You would figure with the success that Martz has had over the years, some teams would possibly implement his white friendly approach. Especially when he is widely regarded as an "offensive genius".

white is right

Hall of Famer
If you notice that teams that win have a disproportionate amount of white players on them. It's not a coincidence. Also teams that draft high consistently have a much higher percentage of black players, yet still lose. You wonder why management of teams like Arizona, Cincy and like minded teams don't blow up their scouting staffs.......
smiley11.gif

Kaptain

Master
Don Wassall said:
According to one report I read, Kasper is going to be the Lions #3 receiver tomorrow.  They really don't have a third receiver after Roy Williams and Mike Furrey so this is Kasper's chance.  If the NFL was filled with coaches like Mike Martz the league wouldn't be nearly as racist as it is now.

Perhaps Martz's comparitively white friendly teams are the reason he is so hated by the media. He may have a locker room revolt over Kasper's promotion but I don't think he cares. He's definitely not a copy-cat coach. I remember everyone complaining about him throwing the ball too much etc, etc. He didn't bow down and change his offense because some dumb jock-sniffer on TV thought he should. Edited by: Kaptain Poop

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kaptain Poop said:
Perhaps Martz's comparitively white friendly teams are the reason he is so hated by the media.

That's always been my belief. Same with the fans. I used to waste time on a couple boards at major fantasy sites defending Martz. He was universally reviled and I would be the only person defending him, this mind you when the Rams were still one of the top teams every year. I'd point out how he had one of the best coaching records in the league and that he was the architect of the offense that won the Super Bowl when Dick Vermeil was the head coach. They would have none of it. "Martz is an idiot" was the mantra repeated over and over, including by the staff writers.He could do nothing right even though he won consistently and had the most entertaining team in the NFL. At one of the sites astaff writer used an avatar of a picture of Martz with a bullet hole in the middle of his forehead. Edited by: Don Wassall

devans

Mentor
Rise said:
You would figure with the success that Martz has had over the years, some teams would possibly implement his white friendly approach. Especially when he is widely regarded as an "offensive genius".

devans

Mentor
But he is also labelled "Mad"!

Sorry - should have been posted above...

backrow

Hall of Famer
unfortunately they lost... mostly due to a defense but not only... Furrey had only 2 catches, and Kasper had none...