Week 9

TwentyTwo

Master
Woodhead showed nice burst on the 15 yard run on 3rd & 1... too bad the catch a few plays before was negated by penalty...and the Best Receiving RB in the NFL proves he's human dropping a pass..then redeems himself catching one for 13 yard 1st down!!

Like Stanford's Christian McCaffrey...will go out of my way to watch the Chargers on TV...

The Packers are missing Jordy Nelson more & more as the weeks go by...

Sorry to hear about Henry Anderson

Good to see Bryan Walters, Griff Whalen & Adam Humphries step it up!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Chargers need to draft at least 3 white olinemen in the upcoming draft. I know their line is injured but poor drafting has led to the depth and talent issues.

Westside

Hall of Famer
SD is in shambles. O-line should be there 1st priority off season. And the whiter the better. These sumos sucked big time. They also need some durable receivers. On a bright now, Danny Woodhead had some good moments.

Kaptain

Master
The Chargers have followed the same recipe for losing the whole season. Get a lead often by using Woodhead and then go back to Gordon and whatever other scrub back is in the backfield and lose the lead. Re-insert Woodhead in a desperate attempt to regain the lead and fall short. I believe Woodhead leads the entire NFL in yards after catch but he has been permanently defined as a just a role player when he could be an every down back.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Chargers as currently constructed are a joke, which is a shame because Philip Rivers is an all-time great and Danny Woodhead is the most prominent White running back since Mike Alstott (an argument can be made for Peyton Hillis but unfortunately he was a one-year wonder).

I laughed to myself when Malcom Floyd was injured the first time Rivers threw to him. Floyd has been ridiculously injury prone his entire career.

The number of injured black players has been off the charts this year. Whites occasionally get injured, but it's usually a serious one like a blown-out knee, or Big Ben getting his foot folded in half. Blacks are constantly pulling up lame with hamstring and ankle injuries, along with lots of serious injuries.

The league's extremist affirmative action policies have resulted in so many unqualified and poorly conditioned players on the field that it's laughable. Look at how Griff Whalen, Bryan Walters, and Marc Mariani each produced when they got a chance to play this week, often in the clutch, and earlier this season Adam Thielen and Chris Hogan (and Whalen and Hogan in previous games). In all five cases they were only playing because of injuries to blacks, and as soon as those blacks are healthy they'll be right back on the bench.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
The Chargers have followed the same recipe for losing the whole season. Get a lead often by using Woodhead and then go back to Gordon and whatever other scrub back is in the backfield and lose the lead. Re-insert Woodhead in a desperate attempt to regain the lead and fall short. I believe Woodhead leads the entire NFL in yards after catch but he has been permanently defined as a just a role player when he could be an every down back.

My observations exactly.

Of every player in the NFL in 2015, Melvin Gordon has the most touches this season without scoring a single TD. He also has 4 fumbles.

The impossible-to-cover Danny Woodhead, in his ultra-limited 3rd down role, has 5 TD's. He's literally open on every single play and has a great burst on draw plays. The Chargers' sumo OL is the worst in the NFL and their only chance at winning is to go fast-paced / no-huddle on every single drive using Woodhead as a pass-catcher out of the backfield (or in the slot) and bring in Gordon at the goal line. Woodhead should be on the field in some capacity (RB / slot WR) at all times.

PHillisFan

Master
You have to feel bad for Philip Rivers. Chargers defense has talent, but has underachieved and can't stop the run.
Rivers probably won't seek a trade, but it might his best shot at a ring.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Another proud moment for Team Negro, Aqib Talib's Three Stooges-esque eye poke...

poke.0.gif

This thug, who was involved in multiple shootings in the past, has been suspended for one game. I found the punishment appropriate...it's not like he intentionally deflated a football by an average of 2 PSI or anything!

Andrew Luck's season continues to go south for him,just announced that he is out 2-6 weeks with ab tear & lacerated kidney.He is definitely a tough SOB because the injuries apparently happened in the beginning of the 4th quarter and he not only played thru the pain but got a win.He didn't even get checked out for his injuries until the next day,hope he recovers fast and is completely healthy when he comes back.