Week 9

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Browns vs Bengals Johnny Football time!!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Manziel has looked pretty good so far throwing well on the move - two drops by his affletic WRs. The second one Simms and Nantz incorrectly said Adam Jones broke up the play when it was the WR just dropping the ball.

Kaptain

Master
Manziel has looked pretty good so far throwing well on the move - two drops by his affletic WRs. The second one Simms and Nantz incorrectly said Adam Jones broke up the play when it was the WR just dropping the ball.

Glad my eyes aren't going bad and you saw that too. The ball actually hit the WR in the facemask - the game announcers decided that it was Pacman Jones that "broke it up" when in fact he didn't touch the ball.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Glad my eyes aren't going bad and you saw that too. The ball actually hit the WR in the facemask - the game announcers decided that it was Pacman Jones that "broke it up" when in fact he didn't touch the ball.

Yep you weren't see things - it was plain as day. Also I hope Minnesota pulls off the upset against Ohio State this weekend. Leidner has been pretty good and seems to have become more of a passer this season. He played well against what I think is a better Michigan defense than what Ohio St has.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I want to punch that moron Simms in the face for blatantly lying about Manziel. He just said Manziel makes his first read and than takes off and runs. This whole game he has been going through his progressions. It's amazing how much these sports announcers loathe Manziel.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Johnny Football has not looked to bad so far. Unfortunately he doesn't have much help. I guess Hartline is out with a concussion?

PHillisFan

Master
Manziel has looked sharp making the right reads and escaping the pass rush & would be sacks. I hope he is able to get Barnidge more involved as he is the best receiver on the field for them.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Ten White o-linemen starting tonight, how about that? Blubber boy Andre Smith is out with an injury. Bengals with 8 Whites on the field when the FB Hewitt is in, pretty amazing given how black that organization has been for a long time. Too bad Rex Burkhead continues to be wildly underused.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Dumb sumo lined up offsides for the Cleveland defense giving the Bengals a 1st down. Gotta love dat upside and football intellgiezeee

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Eifert with another TD catch. White guys are taking over the TE spot. Gronk, Eifert, Kelce, Olsen, Fleener.

Kaptain

Master
Phil Simms just refuses to compliment Manziel in anyway. Johnny makes a terrific throw on the run and Simms has nothing but put-downs. Ugggh :frusty:

Riggins44

Master
Dumb sumo lined up offsides for the Cleveland defense giving the Bengals a 1st down. Gotta love dat upside and football intellgiezeee

And he drew a 15 yard taunting penalty on the same drive, AFTER he had actually made a tackle for a loss. Just pathetic.

Manziel has looked very good on this drive before the half. Leads a 92 yard drive with the TD pass!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Eifert with another TD catch. White guys are taking over the TE spot. Gronk, Eifert, Kelce, Olsen, Fleener.

Star White TEs on both teams in this game, all-White o-lines, White QBs, what's not to like?

Bengals playing Hawk on defense, even Margus Hunt is active tonight for the first time this season. Paul Kruger starts for the Browns, at least both teams don't have the more and more common all-black defenses to go along with their mostly White offenses.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Eifert with a another TD!

Kaptain

Master
Johnny can't buy a compliment on his spectacular play. Phil Simms actually said in the first quarter "I hate to say it but that was a good play." The coach had trouble finding any words to compliment Manziel at halftime, instead pointing out that there were apparently a couple of throws that he should have connected on in the pocket. It deserves a WTF emoticon if I could find one.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Wow, is Jim Nantz the only commentator that gives Manzel credit and compliments? The N.F.L. is nuts.

Even though Simms did actually say it was a "terrific play by Manzel"...
I hope it wasn't too hard for him to say that...

Last edited:

PHillisFan

Master
Eifert is the 2nd best TE in Football after Gronk. Barnidge has also become a top TE in this league. I wonder why it took Barnidge so long to finally break out after his 7th season. Hopefully both Dalton and Manziel can keep throwing to their respecting TE's in the 2nd half.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Star White TEs on both teams in this game, all-White o-lines, White QBs, what's not to like?

Bengals playing Hawk on defense, even Margus Hunt is active tonight for the first time this season. Paul Kruger starts for the Browns, at least both teams don't have the more and more common all-black defenses to go along with their mostly White offenses.

This is a quite watchable game. Imagine if Hartline was playing. Maybe we will have a Burkhead sighting?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Manziel is getting the Tebow treatment. The exact same type of backhanded compliments and constant undermining of his ability to play the game. In fact Manziel was downright masterful in the first half and their is no denying that.

Riggins44

Master
As much as I like the Bengals this year since they start 8-9 Whites and therefore qualify as White friendly, and are 7-0, it would be awesome to see Johnny Football get this huge win in front of a national audience and put it in the face of all the haters. But we can't really go wrong in this game no matter who wins.

PHillisFan

Master
Johnny can't buy a compliment on his spectacular play. Phil Simms actually said in the first quarter "I hate to say it but that was a good play." The coach had trouble finding any words to compliment Manziel at halftime, instead pointing out that there were apparently a couple of throws that he should have connected on in the pocket. It deserves a WTF emoticon if I could find one.

I swear I hope Manziel gets traded in the offseason to a team that believes in him willing to make him the franchise. I said it before, but I think he would be a good fit back in his hometown with Bill O'Brien in Houston.

PHillisFan

Master
As much as I like the Bengals this year since they start 8-9 Whites and therefore qualify as White friendly, and are 7-0, it would be awesome to see Johnny Football get this huge win in front of a national audience and put it in the face of all the haters. But we can't really go wrong in this game no matter who wins.

Riggins I completely agree. Johnny needs this win so the media can stop saying he hasn't had a win against a quality opponent.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Riggins I completely agree. Johnny needs this win so the media can stop saying he hasn't had a win against a quality opponent.

They never said that about sCam or Griffin or any other Black QB in their early years. He's getting the Tebow treatment, almost. It's a shame they want him to fail.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have a problem with how Manziel is being covered in this game by Nantz and Simms. Maybe Nantz tempers Simms' more kneejerk Caste-speak tendencies.