week 2 2006

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Ground Fighter said:
And what happened to the almighty Donovan McNabb today?

I watched some of the first half of the game. Looked like McNabby was on fire. What happened? How did he choke?

backrow

Hall of Famer
yeah, i hear you...

Titans must be kicking themselves for not playing Volek... between Young and Collins they completed 1 pass for 0 yards out of 11...

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Westbrook fumbled in the 4th quarter, the Eagles made stupid penalties on defense, McNabb could not move the ball in OT

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Ground Fighter said:
Shogun,

The Giants came back to win it in OT 27-24. You didn;t see it?

Just because the Giants won doesn't mean McNabby choked. I mean, I believe he might have, he's done it before, but I was looking for INT, underthrown passes, etc. Leonardfan said that he didn't move the ball, but did his WR drop some balls, were there bad play calls by Reid, or did McNabby truly blow the game himself, say like Drew Bledsoe in last week's Dallas game against the Jags?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Bear-Arms said:
Watched the Bears - Lion game, did anyone catch that comment on Mike Furrey? It was like they were giving him some respect but at the sametime putting him down. I can't remember the exact words. I just remember they were giving him respect and then said something like "the Lions want guys like him that work hard, they don't need talent, just so long as they work hard." I can't remember the exact words but it was close.

I didn't catch the game, Bear-Arms, but of course none of what you've reported surprises me in the least.
smiley5.gif

Maybe I came down a little hard on him. It was more like a healthy mix of errors on the whole teams part. I just felt that he had a decent lead, and blew it under pressure. He did the same thing in the final seconds of the Super Bowl a couple of years back against New England, remember? He basically just didn't know what to do. This time, it was a mix of his errors, Westbrook fumbling, his team taking stupid penaties, and his recievers.

backrow

Hall of Famer
oh man, Collins is playing like proverbial crap... just passed a ball to Merriman... like Lumsdenpower said. Volek must be laughing inside

I can't believe how many dropped passes I see every time I watch an NFL game. How much are these guys getting payed again??

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Ground Fighter said:
Maybe I came down a little hard on him. It was more like a healthy mix of errors on the whole teams part. I just felt that he had a decent lead, and blew it under pressure. He did the same thing in the final seconds of the Super Bowl a couple of years back against New England, remember? He basically just didn't know what to do. This time, it was a mix of his errors, Westbrook fumbling, his team taking stupid penaties, and his recievers.

Sounds bout right. I thought the Eagles had them owned, for sure. Thumbs up for Eli and Shockey!
smiley20.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Wow, Collins has just been horrible. My gosh, I never thought he was the second coming of Joe Montana but he really isn't playing well right now. He is 6/19 for 57 yds. and 2 INT!

Maybe it's just me, but ... does this seem "Fishy" at all to anyone?

In the meantime, Rivers is lighting it up - 25/35, 235 yds. 1 TD, 0 INT. Edited by: White Shogun

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's all part of the plan to play Young right away.If the Titans keep losing,they have a good reason to play him.What are they thinking throwing away the season by not playing Volek?They are so stupid.They still could have prepared Young for the future and had Volek taking them to the playoffs.They deserve to lose.I just feel really bad for Bennett who only has 27 yards receiving so far because of the musical qb situation.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:
It's all part of the plan to play Young right away.If the Titans keep losing,they have a good reason to play him.What are they thinking throwing away the season by not playing Volek?They are so stupid.They still could have prepared Young for the future and had Volek taking them to the playoffs.They deserve to lose.I just feel really bad for Bennett who only has 27 yards receiving so far because of the musical qb situation.

But do you think they told Collins to stink it up, or do you think he has just hit bottom at this point in his career?

I agree with everything you said, btw.
smiley11.gif

lumsdenpower

Mentor
finally Vince young understand that his better receiver is bennett
He trow a 18yards touchdowns pass
Good Job BennettEdited by: lumsdenpower

backrow

Hall of Famer
Young obviously would rather go to Scaife (former Longhorn's TE) than anyone else, including Bennett...

PS updated stats on p1 of this thread

G

backrow said:
Young obviously would rather go to Scaife (former Longhorn's TE) than anyone else, including Bennett...

PS updated stats on p1 of this thread

Yeah, I saw that too. And when Young actually went to Bennett he had a TD!

G

I'm about 90% sure he will start next week. The Titans have no choice. Young or Collins didn't prove anything so they at least need to give him a shot.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I really rooted for the Titans last year. They had Caste Football's highest grade with a C+. Half of their defensive players were white. Now, I hope they go winless and Jeff Fisher loses his job for being such a wuss with his quarterbacks. And he probably will, because the Titans are going to be even worse than they were the past two seasons. They've gone from making the playoffs every year to NFL bottom feeders with no end in sight.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Collins is out of the picture, but i am fairly sure they will let their new McNair "develop" and won't start Volek... too bad for Bennett