week 2 2006

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
this week got off to a great start! Peyton Manning to Brandon Stokley for the weekend's first touchdown!
smiley32.gif

G

Hahaha Ryan Denney is all over Culpepper like a cheap suit. The bills would be truly dangerous team if they had a passing game.

Poacher

Mentor
With 9:30 left in the second quarter Carson Palmer already has over 200 yards passing.

Mike Furrey is leading Detroit in receiving again.Edited by: Poacher

backrow

Hall of Famer
Notable stats for week 2 (to be updated)

Offense

Brandon Stokley, WR Colts: 1-10, 1 TD

Mike Furrey, WR Lions: so far 6 catches for 67 yards

Todd Heap, TE Ravens: 5-17 and a TD

Richard Owens, TE Vikings: his first NFL TD catch on a 16 yard pass (fake field goal)

Owen Daniels, TE Texans: in his second NFL game this rookie from Wisconsin caught his first TD pass; had 4 catches for 44 yards including 33 yard TD catch;
Mark Bruener, Texans veteran TE caught a 1 tard TD pass as well; Jeb Putzier and Kevin Walter also caught passes for Texans

Wes Welker, WR Dolphins: 5-41, 4 kickoff returns for 108 yards

Drew Bennett. WR Titans: 3 cathes for 45 yards and a TD

Joe Klopfenstein, TE Rams: 2-35, Kevin Curtis was 3-13 plus 21 yards on a kick return

Charlie Whitehurst, QB Chargers: 1 scramble for a 14 yard TD for a rookie from Clemson

David Thomas, TE Patriots: nice catch and run for 29 yards, first NFL catch

David Kircus, WR Broncos: 2nd on the team with 2 cathes for 26 yards

Jason Witten, TE Cowboys: 4-45

Anthony Fasano, TE Cowboys: 3-39

Chris Cooley, H-Back Redskins: disappointing 1 catch for 23 yards

Matt Jones, WR Jaguars: 6 catches for 73 yards, (144 yards so far this season) could have two TDs but ball was overthrown in the end zone... pity!
Heath Miller had only 1 catch for 11 yards, as Big Ben struggled a little after coming off two consecutive surgeries in recent months...

Defense

Ryan Denney, DE Bills: 4 total tackles, 3 sacks(!)* and a forced fumble

Chris Kelsay, DE Bills: 3 tackles, 1 sack

Brian Urlacher, MLB Bears: 7 tackles, recovered fumble

Aaron Kampman, DE Packers: 4 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 forced and 1 recovered fumble

AJ Hawk, LB Packers: 7 tackles

Jason Babin, LB Texans: 1 sack

Matt Stewart, LB Browns: 1 sack

Keith Brooking, LB Falcons: 9 combined tackles

Chris Hovan, DT Bucs: 5 takcles, 3 tackles for loss

Brian Russell, FS Browns: 7 combined tackles

Scott Shanle, Scott Fujita, LBs Saints: combined for 17 tackles

Stuart Schweigert, FS Raiders: 7 combined tackles

Grant Wistrom, DE Seahawks: 1 sack and a FF

Peter Sirmon, LB Titans: 8 tackles

John Lynch, FS Broncos: 7 combines tackles and a recovered fumble

Jared Allen, DE Chiefs: 6 tackles

Tedy Bruschi, LB Patriots: 6 tackles and an interception

Mike Vrabel, LB Patriots: 6 total tackles and a sack

Kelly Gregg, DT Ravens: 4 tackles, 2 fumbles recovered, including one run back for 59 yards!!!

Adam Archuleta, S Redskins: game high 11 combined tackles, including 3 TD saving tackles

*after last week's Justin Smith and Brian Young recording a hattrick of sacks, now we have Denney and Kampman!Edited by: backrow

hedgehog

Mentor
Kaiser_Sose said:
Hahaha Ryan Denney is all over Culpepper like a cheap suit. The bills would be truly dangerous team if they had a passing game.

How can that be? (With all of those athletic offensive linemen on the dolphins)

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
LOL, so far Vick has more yards rushing (113) than he does passing (92). But he scored both Atlanta's TD's so far (1 rushing, 1 passing) so I guess that's ok.
smiley5.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
it looks like Stokley re-aggravated his ankle injury on his touchdown catch. he hasn't been on the field again since, and i just saw him on the sideline wearing a cap... crap.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Expect the media love fest with vick to start up again saying he is going back to how he used to play, making plays with his feet...you know the same thing we hear every year. He will fizzle out in a few games thoughs.

Wes Welker has 5 catches for 41 yds bailing Culpepper out once again.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Even though everyone on the site does not like the Saints much for their treatment of Lyman and Hass at least Brees looks like his old self.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Heath Evans just got a shot at the goalline but came inches short... on next play he blew a huge hole for Dillon to run through

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
KJV1 said:
Kaiser_Sose said:

How can that be? (With all of those athletic offensive linemen on the dolphins)

Note to self: DO NOT PICK THE DOLPHINS TO WIN A GAME THIS YEAR.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Gruden is an idiot... trying to pass on second down with 3 yards to go, which resulted in a pick (granted, it wasn't a best decision to force it by Simms either) instead of going with Alstott... what has he done to Gruden other than played his ass off, scored lots of important TDs, made lots of important 3rd downs and came back from career threating injury?
i am beginning to really dislike Gruden...

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Eli leads the Giants back after the constant ass kissing of McNabb by the commentators...it looks like Eli has arrived

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Alstott had 3 catches for 10 yards in the loss.
smiley5.gif

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I think the football gods of old are begining to dislike Gruden too. Nothing wrong with three yards and a cloud of dust.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Dallas Clark had 3 catches for 26 yards, while Ben Utecht had a 26 yard reception. Jeb Putzier had a 10 yard catch too.Edited by: Colonel_Reb

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
VINCE YOUNG WATCH:

Final: Passing 7/19, 106 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT; Rushing 5/24 yds.

Yes, he IS the second coming of Mike Vick!

Now, is that a good thing or a bad thing....Edited by: White Shogun

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Watched the Bears - Lion game, did anyone catch that comment on Mike Furrey? It was like they were giving him some respect but at the sametime putting him down. I can't remember the exact words. I just remember they were giving him respect and then said something like "the Lions want guys like him that work hard, they don't need talent, just so long as they work hard." I can't remember the exact words but it was close.

I love it, I feel like a winner from all angles today. Somehow, Welker had a decent game, but Culpepper and the rest of his "crew of flunkies" played like crap. How about my boy Denney from the Bills sacking him three times as well. The dolphins offensive line can't block for crap either. Geee, I wonder what ALL FIVE OF THEM have in common? lol.
And what happened to the almighty Donovan McNabb today? Choke a little? Kudos to Eli for the comeback, as I'm sure the media will credit his recievers and not him. These were the only games I watched today. Could have been better, but not a bad day for US.
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Backrow, I can't believe I typed Dwight instead of Dallas! Oh man, I am laughing at myself so much nI am crying. Thanks for pointing out my error. I didn't sleep enough last night. Whoo!
smiley36.gif