Week 14 2006

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Wow ....I guess a power fullback can be a
dominant touchdown threat. The NFL
never learns anything from performances like
this though...
smiley7.gif

If given a chance Karney might be an Alstott or Bettis clone...

Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

backrow

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
Wow ....I guess  a  power fullback can  be  a
dominant  touch down  threat.  The  NFL 
never  learns anything  from  performances like
this  though...
smiley7.gif

took Saints 44 games to figure out... he won't probably score for another 3 years... i hope i am mistaken here

r2084589157.jpg

getting his 3rd TD of the night!Edited by: backrow

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Man, over 5 full years without 3 TDs from a white player! Unreal. The things these teams could do if they would just give the ball to these white guys.

white tornado

Mentor
If I remember correctly the saints had another white fullback before Karney who was he.

backrow

Hall of Famer
white tornado said:
If I remember correctly the saints had another white fullback before Karney who was he.

they had Brad Muster in 1993-1994, Brian Milne in 2000. not sure if there was any white fullbacks in NO right before they drafted Karney in 2004. maybe you're thinking of Cam Cleeland, TE?

Kaptain

Master
I know chris Cooley scored three at the end of last year and Drew Bennett may have scored three during the Volek/Bennett flash a couple years ago.

Kaptain

Master
Bennett did it twice in a row during the Volek stretch in 2004 and followed it with a 2 TD performance making for the greatest 3 game stretch by a WR in NFL history.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Kaptain Poop said:
Bennett did it twice in a row during the Volek stretch in 2004 and followed it with a 2 TD performance making for the greatest 3 game stretch by a WR in NFL history.

thanks for correccting me Kap! it coms as a relief, really. The last white player to score three TDs was Chris Cooley less than a year ago (12/18/2006 against... Dallas!)
smiley2.gif
all of these TDs were receiving.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
It relieves me too! 1 year is a whole lot better than 5! Now I have to correct myself to the people I told in person.

chris371

Mentor
very pleased to see mike karney do well. Hopefully they will use him again, i always like him cos hes is such a bull of a player.

hes got a myspace page, very cool.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Had a difficult choice in a fantasy playoff game between starting Drew Bennett or Brandon Stokley. I figured Peyton Manning throwing to a number three receiver should be better than Vince Young throwing to a number one receiver, especially with Dallas Clark out,and so went with Stokley. Stokley, finally playing after the latest of his innumerable injuries, dropped a long touchdown pass in the endzone in the first quarter, then quickly left the game with yet another injury, this time to one of his heels. It may be officially time to classify Stokley as a girl.
smiley11.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Had a difficult choice in a fantasy playoff game between starting Drew Bennett or Brandon Stokley.  I figured Peyton Manning throwing to a number three receiver should be better than Vince Young throwing to a number one receiver, especially with Dallas Clark out, and so went with Stokley.  Stokley, finally playing after the latest of his innumerable injuries, dropped a long touchdown pass in the endzone in the first quarter, then quickly left the game with yet another injury, this time to one of his heels.  It may be officially time to classify Stokley as a girl.
smiley11.gif
<!-- Message ''"" -->

i hear you man. Stokely has been a major disappointment this season. his injury right after the snap, he was just running his route, untouched. Colts needs Clark back asap.
i am glad that Young gets the ball to his best receiver now!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i just don't get how Stokley is so fragile. ugh! he was very durable in college and with Baltimore... jeez!

in good news, Mike Shanahan said that he expects rookie tight end Tony Scheffler to be better than Tony Gonzalez, and he added that right now, as raw as he is, Tony is faster than Antonio Gates...
smiley32.gif

that's high praise seeing as how most folks seem to think Gonzalez is the best tight end in the league and Gates is the fastest.

Poacher

Mentor
I've always liked Brees. He had the misfortune of being drafted the same year as Ron Mexico.

The media has already anointed Tomlinson of San Diego the league MVP. But I'm awarding it to Brees. Coming off of shoulder surgery, going to a new team with a new coach, Brees has been a marvel. With three monster games (340+ passing yards) he could eclipse the 5000 yard mark. Awesome. And to think that the Dolphins passed up on him. PFFFFT!

One more reason I like Brees: A couple of years ago FOX had the recently retired due to injury Jamal Anderson (former Falcons running back)on the show as some kind of correspondent or something. One Sunday they were doing a segment on Brees and sent Anderson to interview him. Drew Brees has a prominent birth mark on one side of his face. To anyone with half a brain it is obvious that it is a birthmark and does not need to be remarked upon. That is why I was shocked and angered when at the end of the interview, out of the blue Anderson asks "What the hell is that on your face?" He didn't say it jokingly, he wasn't even laughing as he said it...he was serious. How callous can a person be? Brees handled it with grace and dignity and informed the idiot that it was indeed a birthmark. I've always remembered Brees' composure in that situation. Hope he does well.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
i just don't get how Stokley is so fragile. ugh! he was very durable in college and with Baltimore... jeez!

in good news, Mike Shanahan said that he expects rookie tight end Tony Scheffler to be better than Tony Gonzalez, and he added that right now, as raw as he is, Tony is faster than Antonio Gates...
smiley32.gif

that's high praise seeing as how most folks seem to think Gonzalez is the best tight end in the league and Gates is the fastest.

they had big hopes for Tony Scheffler and looks like now they might actually give him a shot at realizing them! have you guys seen his second TD catch?

l2263919.jpg

Denver Broncos tight end Tony Scheffler reaches to catch a touchdown pass on a ball deflected by San Diego Chargers' Terrence KielEdited by: backrow

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
yeah. it was incredible! the way he tipped the ball away from the defender back to himself... wow!
smiley32.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
Poacher said:
The media has already anointed Tomlinson of San Diego the league MVP. But I'm awarding it to Brees. Coming off of shoulder surgery, going to a new team with a new coach, Brees has been a marvel. With three monster games (340+ passing yards) he could eclipse the 5000 yard mark. Awesome. And to think that the Dolphins passed up on him. PFFFFT!

It is remarkable how well Brees has performed. He should get a lot more ink than he does. It would have been great seeing him throw the ball to Hass.On a side note, I don't think the Eagles are losing anything with Garcia as QB. He's always done well given something to work with.

backrow

Hall of Famer
huge 42 yard catch by Curtis followed by a big tackle by Urlacher on S. Jackson, stopping him in his tracks! good stuff so far!
smiley2.gif

Holt has 4 drops tonight...Edited by: backrow

backrow

Hall of Famer
*stats updated, final version*

good game by Urlacher and Curtis, Klopfenstein and Hillenmeyer were in the mix as well.

i am wondering if Curtis might follow Matrz to Detroit. If not, where would you like to see him next season?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The problem with Curtis going to Detroit is that Furrey is already established there and McCown may also play WR. Martz had three white WRs in St. Louis but all were backups. I'd like to see Curtis sign with a team that will start him, but whether there are any is a legitimate question.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
Okay Devin Hester is really a beast. No matter his race or his university. WOW He is good..

Good game by Urlacher and Curtis!

chris371

Mentor
Watch the highlight of the lions game, on nfl.com ,on the lions 1st possesion williams drops the ball, its picked up by a defender. Hes tackled by furrey, a very spectacular tackle!

Anyone see the Barack Obama plug ESPN foisted upon MNF's
viewers. What a bunch of BS! I turned the game off right then and there. I hate ESPN.