backrow

Hall of Famer
lumsdenpower said:
My frensh post TV laugh on Giordano
smiley7.gif

huh?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Larry Johnson getting his wrist rubbed on the sideline for 5 minutes is more than a bit nauseating.
barf.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
what pissed me off this week:

1. Archuleta is still MIA...

2. Patriots: keep screwing Evans, Mills and Thomas over!

3. Gruden

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah, backrow, I didn't see the game, but I'm glad Mangum is doing well. That must be a season high for him.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Yeah, backrow, I didn't see the game, but I'm glad Mangum is doing well. That must be a season high for him.

it was. as a matter of fact it was his best game since 18th of December 2004
smiley2.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Rivers is the real deal. He's the next Drew Brees, who he watched play for two years. LT gets all the credit, but Rivers is having a brilliant first year.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Cutler to Scheffler for TDs twice in 48 seconds!! I'm liking the switch from Plummer to Cutler more by the second.
smiley2.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
wow, what a catch by Scheffler! 2 TD catches in matter of seconds! his first NFL TDs, great stuff! the second one was one of the best catches i have seen this season, defensive back had an interception, Scheffler acted a part and got it out of his hands and caught it over a DB.
how did they not throw to him earlier? he didn't even play last in three games!

i hope this is the connection we will see from now on!

PS another great 27 yard catch by Scheffler, he has 3 catches for 66 yards now, he had 82 yards on the season!Edited by: backrow

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Did anyone watch the Jaguars game ?
I'm concerned about the Matt Jones
situation...He had his second "bad" drop on the
season, and also a long ball that
would have been a very hard catch
to make, but a catch none the less that
great players could/should make. I'm
worried the Jags will bench him
again, even though they should really
be benching Reggie Williams who has
had more "flat out drops." Jones is
the most athletic big receiver (6'2 or
over) in the league, but will have to improve
his average hands, or he will
inevitabley get placed in caste
proponent Del Rio's doghouse again!
Also another question: Are the Jaguars starting all 3 receivers
Williams, Jones and Wilford instead of a TE or FB or is Jones still
considered their 3rd WR?

Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

backrow

Hall of Famer
first Bills with 6 white players on their defense and now 5 white defensive starters for Saints!
smiley32.gif
(and i wonder why media calls this very good D a journeymen defense
smiley11.gif
)

Leslie, Young are their DTs and of course all white linebacking crew.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Good games for Drew Bennett (6 for 113 yds)and Jurevicius (7 for 111 yds)today!

backrow

Hall of Famer
jacknyc said:
Good games for Drew Bennett (6 for 113 yds)and Jurevicius (7 for 111 yds)today!

actually JJ played on Thursday night bro
smiley2.gif

Mike Karney is getting some love here in first quarter, 1 carry for 8 yards and 2 catches for 21... Campbell also had nice catch for 14 yards on the same drive!

PS: this just in, 4th touch of Karney on this drive was his first NFL TD!!! he was off set as a fullback and they had Reggie Bush in the slot and he got the carry! nice call by Sean Payton!

Bart

Hall of Famer
I never heard of Mike Karney before. I gotta root for the Saints over the Cowboys, Atlanta is breathing down thier necks. I like Brees and there are a few bright spots on the team.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Bart said:
I never heard of Mike Karney before.   I gotta root for the Saints over the Cowboys,   Atlanta is breathing down thier necks.  I like Brees and there are a few bright spots on the team.

Karney is probably one of te top 3 fullbacks in the league. Great blocker, good hands. Not used enough unfortunately.

backrow

Hall of Famer
you have got to be f**king kidding me! Karney just scored again on a 3 yard reception!
smiley4.gif
smiley32.gif

PS: and now imagine what Saints could have been like with Chase Lyman and Mike Hass on the field...Edited by: backrow

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Saints treatment of Hass has soured me on them, also that chocolate city they represent, but more power to the white guys on the team.

backrow

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
Saints treatment of Hass has soured me on them, also that chocolate city they represent, but more power to the white guys on the team.

think about that, had Hass been there and starting it would be a very white team (Brees, Hass, Campbell, Conwell, Karney plus at least one lineman on offense, 5 on D) representing this Chocolate City... oh the irony!

r612734913.jpg

Mike celebrating his second TD of the night

r3755844667.jpg

pure joy!Edited by: backrow

backrow

Hall of Famer
oh the look on Parcells face...

Mike Karney just got his 3rd TD of the game! 6 yard reception, broken tackle and great field awareness (touching the pylon before getting pushed out of bounds)

smiley36.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Drew Brees is an awesome quarterback, no doubt about it. Just watched him stand in a collapsing pocket, make a pump fake, then throw a bomb to Henderson for a TD. Amazing.

backrow

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
Drew Brees is an awesome quarterback, no doubt about it. Just watched him stand in a collapsing pocket, make a pump fake, then throw a bomb to Henderson for a TD. Amazing.

he has 5 TD passes in 3rd quarter... i think sAints success is as much his as it is due to Sean Payton's playcalling!

and btw Mike Karney scoring three times marks the first time this season that a white player scored a 3 TDs (and what an ulikely hero that was)! as a matter of fact, i can't seem to remember the last instant of that happening!

look it up people
smiley4.gif

EDIT: the only time i seem to recollect is Alstott scoring 3 short rushing TDs in 2000 Pro Bowl, but that doesn't count.

i got the answer already, and if i am not mistaken the last white player to score 3 TDs in NFL game would be Mike Alstott, 10/28/2001 vs Vikings, 3 rushing TDs.Edited by: backrow

cslewis1

Guru
Holy Sh*t! Freakin' Saints are rolling! This is awesome!