Week 13 2009

guest301

Hall of Famer
Green Bay is peaking and getting hot at just about the right time. I give them a decent shot in the playoffs of doing some damage and the Vikings shouldn't look forward to playing them for a third time.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I'm surprised Shockey has never had a 1,000 yard season in his career. I would have thought he would have at least 2 by now being that this is his 8th season.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Steve Young has been giving Aaron Rodgers some BIG props! I am glad!! Also Gruden seemed really fair last night. He praised Hawk and Matthews as athletic

Bear Backer

Mentor
celticdb15 said:
Steve Young has been giving Aaron Rodgers some BIG props! I am glad!! Also Gruden seemed really fair last night. He praised Hawk and Matthews as athletic

Rogers deserves it. He is a dual threat who is emerging as one of the leagues true elite QB's.

On a side note, did anyone check the ESPN poll? Pretty funny that even in Pennsylvania and New Jersey McNabb isn't being chosen by a large margin as the best QB other than Brees and Favre. I am glad that Warner and Rogers are rightfully at the top of that poll. McNabb never has been and never will be an elite QB. It seems even the Tri-State fans are pretty sure about that as well. I have never even had him at top 5 at any given time during his tenure in the league, and with the wealth of young QB talent right now, his position in what I see as the top 10 is pretty vulnerable. Right now I have him sitting right at 10, just a hair above Eli and only a little bit above Flacco and Palmer. I think it is highly likely that Flacco and Ryan will probably pass him in the next couple of years when they have more experience.Edited by: Bear Backer

dwid

Hall of Famer
Peyton Hillis had some nice runs at the end of the Chiefs game. The last one, a dlineman almost had him tackled in the backfield and he broke that tackle and then pretty much carried two other defenders with him for 10 yards. Brandon Marshall patted him on the helmet and looked to be messing with Moreno on the sidelines , kind of looked as he was messing with him and saying "why cant you do that?". Moreno congratulated Hillis, but it looked a little hostile, the announcers said its because he wanted to see Hillis stay in bounds, but there were a crowd of defenders he already took for 10 yards, it would have been kind of hard to stay in bounds. Earlier he broke a horsecollar attempt and gained a decent amount of yards.

Hopefully this will lead to Hillis getting some more carries and not just in garbage time. Edited by: dwid

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
stats updated, sorry for the delay.
No need to apologize, that'a huge effort on your part. Hopefully, more whites will be signed/play, and REALLY make it a tough job!
smiley1.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
thanks bud, yeah, i would love to have more to do than just to put NSA or IA as is the case with many teams, take Cards for example.