Week 13 2009

Westside

Hall of Famer
I feel good for Gradoswki winning today for the Raidas. It is gratifying watching him win a game while the soopa affelet burns a 37 million hole on the bench. Russel is without a doubt the biggest NFL bust ever!!!

Bart

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
Colonel Reb if only we could corner Manning and ask him why he targets Garcon more based on these stats? I would love to hear his answer.

No reason to ask Manning. We know the answer. The brothers get very pissed when they are not targeted and they let him know it. To keep the peace, the White receivers are required to play decoy and block for the stars.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Bart said:
Westside said:
Colonel Reb if only we could corner Manning and ask him why he targets Garcon more based on these stats? I would love to hear his answer.

No reason to ask Manning. We know the answer. The brothers get very pissed when they are not targeted and they let him know it. To keep the peace, the White receivers are required to play decoy and block for the stars.

Yeah Bart, we know the real answer, but he'd never admit that. I don't know if NFL teams have a rookie of the year award for each team, but I believe Austin Collie should definitely be the winner for the Colts.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Me too, Westside. He'd probably say he it was based on the defense he was seeing or the play that was called or something to that effect. It is strange that the least targeted White receivers are the most dependable. Kind of feeds into the possession receiver argument I use a lot. I say, Whites are often called possession receivers because they catch the balls that are thrown to them. They don't have hands of stone like their teammates. Why not use them as your starter and let them help you down the field every drive? If they allow you to continue your possession more than the other guys, why not play them all the time? It usually gets people to think about the insanity of the current situation. In the NFL, the world truly is turned upside down.
It started in the mid 60's with Bob Hayes(who could play) and to a lesser extent Bambi (who could really play). Track guys who could stretch defenses started getting emphasized. By the mid 70's you had one possession receiver and one speed one ie Biletnikoff and Branch and by the mid 80's the possession guy was your third receiver or even 4th. Now many teams don't have one on a roster. All the while wide outs started dropping balls that they would only drop if they got their bells rung.Edited by: white is right

Kaptain

Master
Colonel_Reb said:
Kaptain, I did a little look see and here's what I found.Over the last 4 games, Garcon has been targeted a total of 36 times, while catching a total of 20 passes. That's a reception rate of 55.56%.Looking at Austin Collie, he has 15 catches out of 21 targets, a 71.43% reception rate. Dallas Clark caught 17 passes out of 24 targets, a 70.83% reception rate. Just in case you were wondering, Wayne caught 24/35 for a 68.57% reception rate. You are spot on, my good man! The two whites are the most dependable , while Garcon is the least dependable and most targeted. Pass the facts on, gentlemen!

Nice work Colonel. I now predict the Colts will blow their perfect season trying to satify these affletes. It will come back to hurt them. Instead of developing Collie and taking advantage of their biggest weapon, Dallas Clark, the Colts offense is going stale.

foreverfree

Mentor
white is right, I never knew Alworth (who I remember from the 'Boys, not the Bolts) was a track guy. I knew Hayes was.

John

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Outside of Brees, Warner, Philip Rivers, Welker and Witten - this was a very boring week of "football."

This week really featured the watered-down nature of the National Farce League. During Dallas/Giants game, you had AFFLETES fumbling like crazy! Josh Freeman throws 5 picks, and I saw him throw about 3 of them in the RedZone. Jason Campbell chose the most inopportune time to throw his pick (to Vilma)!!... but the game went into overtime and Sellers' fumbled.

I think this might be "The Year of the Fumble!!"

GWTJ

Mentor
The Steelers should have won but one of their defensive affaletes dropped the easiest interception ever to ice the game and the Raiders won it with a TD soon after. Perhaps they should move him to WR.

I'm actually impressed with this DB from the Jets, Revis. He has shut down every big name WR in the league this year without a problem. I'm undecided as to whether he is that good or he is just exposing the sham that is NFL WR's and DB's.

icsept

Master
The highlight of the week was definitely Vince Young's fake injury after he threw the pick. Reminded me of the Williams sisters.

white is right

Hall of Famer
foreverfree said:
white is right, I never knew Alworth (who I remember from the 'Boys, not the Bolts) was a track guy. I knew Hayes was.

John
Yes he ran a reported 9.6 100 yard dash for Arkansas as a collegian.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
icsept said:
The highlight of the week was definitely Vince Young's fake injury after he threw the pick. Reminded me of the Williams sisters.
It's both ways with these affletes. Something bad happens, fake injury. Do something good, like make a routine tackle, and they're jumping all over the place, chest bumping and generally making asses out of themselves. Outside of a few remote wiggers, I never see white guys doing this sort of stuff.

Tom Iron

Mentor
icept, FootballDad,

You're onto more than you think here. Vince Young's antics are basically true to form for his race. I've noticed this for years now (not only in sports). When everything's going well, they're fine. When things get tough, that's when they punk out and start looking for excuses, as in the I'm hurt routine.

Tom Iron...

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
AHDIW ("All he do is win") dropped on the sidelines like he was hit by lightning, then started going through a series of death rolls after his pathetic interception. When the Titans got the ball back, AHDIW runs out onto the field as if nothing had happened. We had several laughs watching his escapades and it really was worth tuning in just to witness his fragile state of mind.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Deadlift said:
Outside of Brees, Warner, Philip Rivers, Welker and Witten - this was a very boring week of "football."

This week really featured the watered-down nature of the National Farce League. During Dallas/Giants game, you had AFFLETES fumbling like crazy! Josh Freeman throws 5 picks, and I saw him throw about 3 of them in the RedZone. Jason Campbell chose the most inopportune time to throw his pick (to Vilma)!!... but the game went into overtime and Sellers' fumbled.

I think this might be "The Year of the Fumble!!"

There were some other notable performances by QBs. Bruce Gradkowski threw for over 300 yards and threw 3 TD passes in the 4th quarter to lead Oakland to a road win over the Steelers. Tony Romo threw for a career best 392 yards to go with 3 TD passes. Philip Rivers threw for 373 yards and 2 TDs on just 25 passes. Chad Henne threw for 335 yards and 2 TDs in Miami's win over New England. Alex Smith went over 300 yards, and Brady Quinn threw for 271 yards and 3 TDs.

On the negative side, Gary Kubiak may have sealed his fate with a bad call. After Matt Schaub moved the Texans down the field against Blacksonville, plodding RB Chris Brown attempted a pass on first and goal from the 5. It was intercepted. Brown fumbled on the goal line at the end of the game the first time Houston and Blacksonville met this season, resulting in a Jags win. Hope I'm wrong but it looks like Houston has pretty much packed it in for this season at 5-7. Losing Owen Daniels really seemed to take a lot out of the offense.Edited by: Don Wassall

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I hope Kubiak gets one more year. It seems the owner supports him. He seems to be very white friendly. If the Texans could get Gerhart in the draft they will get over the hump IMO. All the backs on the texans roster now are avg and fumble prone.

Also, It was nice to see Quinn play well. Hopefully Cleveland does not draft a QB as I think Quinn is more than capable of being a good player in the league for a long time.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
There were some other notable performances by QBs...  Philip Rivers threw for 373 yards and 2 TDs on just 25 passes. 

Where I live there is little talk of Philip Rivers. I hear more about Young and even Vick than him.
smiley5.gif

The media doesn't seem to like giving him any props.

He is playing incredibly well, far better than his critics anticipated.

dwid

Hall of Famer
It was very hilarious to see Brees fake out the overrated Laron Landry several times yesterday, he set him up several times, and Landry bit pretty much every time. He was bobbing his head and clapping his hands after every routine play he made you would have thought he was making superbowl winning plays. Reed Doughty had a few nice plays in the game, Im guessing he is the only White player on the Redskins D.

The Ravens are starting 4 whites on D including Ngata. Asians probably have to face the same Caste prejudices as whites.

Justin Bannan is also rotating in at DE.Edited by: TorontoArgos

backrow

Hall of Famer
finally some PT for Zbik and he pays back with his first career interception!

and another one for Johnson!

StarWars

Mentor
Always funny to see the backup white safety do better than their "superiors."

Kaptain

Master
How about that Green Bay O-line? Rodgers had all day to pass. Now if Jordy and Havner could get on the field more.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Clay got his 6th and 7th sack of the season (tying for the rookie lead), i am very happy that AJ Hawk had an interception, since they always complain about him not making enough of splash plays.

EDIT: i will update stats asap, lots of work, sorry guys!

Edited by: backrow

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
So guys I know our "white friendly" Texans are out of it at 5-7 but on the bright side the Packers are sitting pretty at 8-4. Wish Kampman wasn't on IR but they are still a good team to root for. McCarthy seems safe and hopefully Kubiak will get one last chance next year. Also, Toby would be the perfect fit for either team like many posters here have eluded to.