Wariner is back and may threaten 43.19!

StarWars

Mentor
white lightning said:
I really belive that for him to break MJ's 400 Meter World Record, he will need to vastly improve his 200 meter times. He needs to be around a 20.00 flat in the deuce to have the best chance to beat 43.18! I think he can do it but I don't know if he will approach that this season.

To be honest I dont think he will need to be at 20 flat in thee 200 (although he can) to break the world record. Speed endurance is odd. For example, Kenteris ran 10.15 in the 100 in 2001, and 20.03 into a .7 m/s headwind. In 2002, he ran a 10.44 100 and a 19.85 sec 200 into a .6 m/s headwind. Speed endurance is the key to winning, and 200m splits dont matteer that much. Just because MJ was a good 200m runner doesnt mean Wariner has to be.

Also this data suggests speed endurance is the best factor in 100 to 400m sprints. Only the first 40 meters are strength.

albinosprint

Mentor
I see Andrew Rock ran at drake. what happened to that boy?

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
albinosprint said:
I see Andrew Rock ran at drake. what happened to that boy?

Psychological melt down last year.
Went to Olympic Trials last year - in great shape according to his coach - and just decided not to run.
Couldn't handle the pressure.
Part of me feels sorry for him and part of me is really pissed off at him for wasting his own talent, time, and effort. He certainly was more than capable of making the team and winning a bronze medal in the Olympic Final.

albinosprint

Mentor
very sad! I hope he can bounce back. he is a great 400 runner and there is no reason he can be apart of the next USA sweep. nothing worse than wasted talent. with that said, I really hope JW can also bounce back from his bad Olympics year. it's a shame cause it wasn't Merritt running so great, but more of JW running bad that messed everything up. splitting from his old coach might bite him on the ass for a long time. I can only pray that he can redeem himself this year.

StarWars

Mentor
On saturday both Wariner and Sean Wroe will run the 400 meter. Wariner has clocked 45.06 in bad weather for his first race and so far Wroe is at 45.07. Although wariner will probably beat him by more than .5 I hope Wroe goes out and breaks 45.

Wariner, Wroe, Wissman, and Rooney are on a mission. I hope Wariner gets the record so bad, then whites will be looked at as equal to blacks in long sprints. That is a start.

They will run in Osaka, a very, very, fast track.Edited by: StarWars

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I will be conservative with my prediction since it is only May. I say Wariner runs a 44.50 time tommorow. He doesn't want to peak too early. August and the World Champs are what counts!

StarWars

Mentor
Merritt ran a 44.50, and I have a feeling Wariner wants to prove a point. I wouldn't be surprised if he ran in the high 43's this meet in Osaka, which is a fast track anyway. Not to mention Wariner's 45 flat was in the rain not running through the end, so I expect at least low 44's especially in Osaka. Hopefully Wroe can break 45.

albinosprint

Mentor
did anyone see the race? did he jog in the last 20m? if he slowed up thats not a bad time. if he had to work for that time, then he's just not the same man from 2 years ago.

StarWars

Mentor
albinosprint said:
did anyone see the race? did he jog in the last 20m? if he slowed up thats not a bad time. if he had to work for that time, then he's just not the same man from 2 years ago.

Too early to say. There is a long time until Berlin and he is still on pace to run mid 43s anyway.

j41181

Master
A stroll for world champ Wariner in Japan</font>

OSAKA: American world champion Jeremy Wariner coasted to an easy victory in the men's 400m at the Japan Grand Prix Saturday, the fourth leg of the 14-round IAAF Grand Prix series.

The American, who had to be satisfied with the silver medal in the Beijing Olympics last year, clocked 44.69 to beat Yuzo Kanemaru of Japan into second and Sean Wroe of Australia into third.
A breeze: Jeremy Wariner finishing ahead of compatriot David Neville in the men's 400m final at the IAAF Japan Grand Prix in Osaka on Saturdau. Wariner won the race with a time of 44.69 seconds.

"I ran a good race today, got a good time. I think it's number two in the world, so I'm happy with the way I ran," said Wariner.

Japan's Naoki Tsukahara won the men's 100m, while Sally McLellan emerged victorious in the women's 100m with a time of 11.46 to beat Japanese rivals Chisato Fukushima and Momoko Takahashi.

Tsukahara marked a personal best of 10.13, beating Rodney Martin of the United States and Brian Dzingai of Zimbabwe.

Other world champions Kerron Clement of the United States and Donald Thomas of Bahamas duly won the 400m hurdles and the high jump with 48.60 and 2.28m respectively, while Olympic silver medallist David Payne withdrew from the competition.

Other winners included Lachlan Renshaw of Australia in the 800m, Shamar Sands of Bahamas in the 110m hurdles, Daichi Sawano of Japan in the pole vault, American Miguel Pate in the long jump and Yukifumi Murakami in the javelin. â€â€￾ AFP
Edited by: j41181

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
It's nice to see a non-black run a good time in the 100 meter, even if it's a Japanese who gains the 10.11 seconds.

At least the Japanese work ethic is beyond reproach and they don't make "blame whitey" excuses for whenever things don't go their way.

StarWars

Mentor
Jeremy races in the 400 meter tomorrow in Carson, California. He races David Neville again, who he destroyeed in Osaka with a 44.69. Hopefully he dips into the low 44's past the leading time of 44.5 by Merritt. Merritt would have raced Wariner in the same meet, but he dropped down to the 200 meters. I hope Wallace Spearmon burns Merritt.

guest301

Hall of Famer
StarWars said:
Jeremy races in the 400 meter tomorrow in Carson, California. He races David Neville again, who he destroyeed in Osaka with a 44.69. Hopefully he dips into the low 44's past the leading time of 44.5 by Merritt. Merritt would have raced Wariner in the same meet, but he dropped down to the 200 meters. I hope Wallace Spearmon burns Merritt.

I think ESPN will be showing this race sometime in the live televised track meet tonight between 8pm and 10 pm.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Wariner looked good today winning the Addidas meet in California fairly easily. His time was a very good 44.66. But I was hoping for something faster.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Thanks for posting that jacknyc. Your great at keeping us up to date!
smiley20.gif
They said in the interview with Wariner that he has done very little speed work early in the season. Jeremy said that over the next month or so, that speed work was their primary focus. The times will start to drop soon. Nice race today.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Just heard a rumor that Wariner is going back to his old coach, Clyde Hart. I think that's just what he needs.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
You beat me to it. It was on Twitter. This is great news. I wish some of the British 400 Meter Sprinters could work under him. If this is true, Wariner will make an assault on the world record within the next couple of years. He needed this bad!

albinosprint

Mentor
God I hope this is true!

StarWars

Mentor
When I watch Jeremy run 2008 to now his last 100 meter sucks compared to 2006 to 2007. Getting Clyde Hart back means gold medals and a world record. Jeremy is the most talented white sprinter to ever live, and Clyde Hart can make him secure a legacy greater than even Michael Johnson. With him he ran mid to low 43's and it was because of the last 100 meters. If this his true, then it may be some of the best news possible for white sprinters other than a clean sub 10. Let's take this record back! All he needs is one good race and he will go down in history as the greatest ever. He already has 3 olympic golds and a silver medal. One last record and he is the best...

albinosprint

Mentor
I just hope at 76 years old the Hart can make it to 2012.

StarWars

Mentor
waterbed said:
If he goes back to his old coach i have new hope that he breaks the world record
smiley17.gif
maybe in the future we can also break the 800 meters meters WR
smiley1.gif

Sebastian Coe has the second best 800 meter ever and is considered the best mid distance athlete ever, so that is pretty good. And Wariner has the third fastest 400 meter. So far, white people have made a huge mark in 400m/ 800m. Hopefully we can get some 200 meters (Lemaitre, Connaughton, Unger, Kosenkow) and 100 meter (Pickering, Cerutti, Blum, Collio, Schwab, Di Gregorio, Kuc) to make a mark.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It would take a miracle for the win over 200 meters this weekend. Wariner is going up against L.Merritt, X.Carter, W.Spearmon, T.Gay and many others is a star studded field. He hasn't raced a deuce in a long time and he is going against guys who run 20.00 flat times and even sub 20! Good luck to Wariner. I would be happy if he could get into the 20.20's range and then better by the US National Champs. It is Sunday at the Reebok Classic. It will be on tv in the U.S.Edited by: white lightning

white lightning

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:
It would take a miracle for the win over 200 meters this weekend. Wariner is going up against L.Merritt, X.Carter, W.Spearmon,T.Gay and many others is a star studded field. He hasn't raced a deuce in a long time and he is going against guys who run 20.00 flat times and even sub 20! Good luck to Wariner. I would be happy if he could get into the 20.20's range and then better by the US National Champs. It is Sunday at the Reebok Classic. It will be on tv in the U.S.

Here is the link to the start list. Good luck Jeremy!
smiley32.gif

http://www.reebokgrandprix.com/events-results/mens-200m/Edited by: white lightning