Wariner is back and may threaten 43.19!

guest301

Hall of Famer
Alpha Male said:
guest301 said:
Excellent points. I do think whites have a inferiority complex in regards to sports. I certainly did before I discovered this site a few years ago. I honestly did believe we were inferior and it drove me bananas trying to find something to disprove that notion. I checked out so many books on eugenics and past white athletic accomplishments at a library in Dallas about 15 years ago that they must have been wondering what I was up to. I just wanted proof which I found here that we are just as good as everyone else. Not interested in being a superior race but I don't want to be inferior either.

Same thing here.  I would never have tried track and field if not for this site. 

I am pretty sure you have posted before on the event you run but refresh my memory. What is your specialty in regards to track and field? Are you still doing it?

KG2422

Mentor
Skinheads also shave their heads. I don't think they look black. And Wariner is from Texas isn't he? Texans are going to be darker than whites from the Norhtheast, Midwest, or Northwest. We get alot of sun down here, especially the athletes. I was very light skinned a a child but have gotten a little darker over the years. I'm still light for Texas but when I spent some time in the Northeast, I noticed that the people looked like they have never had a sunburn. And I'm not going to let blacks wearing sunglasses stop me from wearing sunglasses. I would guess that it was our style way before it was theirs. Wariner looks very white compared to his competition. He probably does tan because he doesn't want to show the world a farmer's tan that people get down here if they don't.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Jeremy Wariner looked great in his semi-final heat, jogging in at the end with an energy-saving 44.15. He is primed for a wipeout of LaShawn Merritt.

Jeremy is ready to dominate and win another gold medal.

I don`t think a world record is out of the question, either.

Good luck, Jeremy!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
As we know, Wariner had an off year last season. It's funny that a silver medal in the Olympics is considered bad only because of who we are talking about. I belive that 2009 will mark the return of Wariner to a level we have not yet seen yet! Here is a video tribute to Wariner that I found on youtube to get you guys ready for this coming outdoor summer season culminating with the World Championships of Track & Field in Berlin! Long live the King Jeremy Wariner!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5-xlDR6Vo&feature=rec-HM-fr esh+div[/url]

Poacher

Mentor
Just ran a 20.59 200 at the Dr. Pepper Invitational yesterday. Good start to his season.

StarWars

Mentor
Actually Jeremy started his season with a 20.77 into a slight headind (-0.1). Considering he started his 2008 season with a 20.93 at the same meet (Dr. Pepper in Waco), I think Jeremy has returned to his form back in 2006 and 2007. Not to mention he is known for improving his 200 hugely by the end of the season, becasue in 2008 he still finished the year with a 20.37. He is on pace to be close to his 20.19 PR, and Merrit won't know what hit him in the 400 meteer. And not to mention theese elite times aren't even the evnt Jeremy runs! I expectt by Berlin he will be under 43.5 again for a gold medal.

j41181

Master
StarWars said:
Actually Jeremy started his season with a 20.77 into a slight headind (-0.1). Considering he started his 2008 season with a 20.93 at the same meet (Dr. Pepper in Waco), I think Jeremy has returned to his form back in 2006 and 2007. Not to mention he is known for improving his 200 hugely by the end of the season, becasue in 2008 he still finished the year with a 20.37. He is on pace to be close to his 20.19 PR, and Merrit won't know what hit him in the 400 meteer. And not to mention theese elite times aren't even the evnt Jeremy runs! I expectt by Berlin he will be under 43.5 again for a gold medal.
I'm looking forward to seeing him get back on track, he is clearly the best 400 meter sprinter who suffered sudden loss of confidence in Beijing. If he can contend more in the 200 meters, then you have a two-way sprinting threat and champion.

StarWars

Mentor
He does the 200m in the spring only because he has already qualified for the world championships in Berlin due to the fact that he won the gold in Osaka. It is part of the strength training he does. Although he could be a contender in the 200m if he trained for it, he specializes in the 400m. He ended last season beating Merrit after the olympics, and he will do the same in Berlin. He may be the best 400m runner of all time, considering the amount of sub 44's he has already ran and the fact that Johnson was roided up. At thirty years old it is impossible to be in the prime of your life. He still had the natural talent to win (MJ) but not set a PR at 30. Just like Bolt, who went from 10.00 to 9.55 (if he sprinted through the end) in one year, roids make a HUGE difference. In all sports where steroids are beneficial, blacks have excelled. Especially where money is involved.

StarWars

Mentor
Finally someone who knows how to win. Pickering could learn a thing or two from Jeremy. He will never give up (neither will Craig)!
smiley1.gif

j41181

Master
StarWars said:
Finally someone who knows how to win. Pickering could learn a thing or two from Jeremy. He will never give up (neither will Craig)!
smiley1.gif
That's true! They have given whites (in a subconscious manner) new found confidence in excelling at sprinting competitions. If Wariner can win another gold at the next World Championships, and eventually another gold at the next Olympics, let the record speak for itself, whites can sprint. I just hope Pickering can improve himself much further, 'cause white athletes tend to age out quick. Edited by: j41181

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Wariner finished 2nd today at the Michael Johnson Invitional in the 200 meters. He ran a 20.56 which is a respectable time. However, Wariner has not come anywhere near the form he had two to three years ago when he was talking about running a sub 20 in the deuce. I still say firing his old coach was the dumbest thing he ever did. It has been all down hill since.

It's only April and I'm sure he will be ok. It is just sad to see someone of his talent struggle with his form so much. Coach Hart would have never allowed this to happen. That is why he is one of the greatest coaches to ever live. Either way, it's just a bump in the road. Wariner will be ready by August. I still predict that he will win gold at the World Champs and defend his title!

StarWars

Mentor
Wariner has already ran 20.56 this early in the season with only .8 m/s wind. Not Merritt speed in the first 200, but certainly on pace to run low 20.1x by the end of the season. Wariner is looking like he did in 2007.

StarWars

Mentor
StarWars said:
Wariner has already ran 20.56 this early in the season with only .8 m/s wind. Not Merritt speed in the first 200, but certainly on pace to run low 20.1x by the end of the season. Wariner is looking like he did in 2007.

I predicts he starts his season with a 44.1 second 400 meter. I think odds are he will end the season somewhere in between 43.3 and 43.45 for Gold. I could see him running 43.18 or lower in 2010 or 2011, but getting the silver in 2012. He will be older then, but regardless will be thought of as the best 400 meter runner of all time. In 2011 he will win gold too. 2012 olympics are a 50% chance, he certainly cannot PR at that age.

Observer

Mentor
Drake Relays
Finals
1 Jeremy Warineradidas&nbsp ;&nbsp ;45.06P

2 Jeremy Davis Unattached&n bsp; 46.24P
3 Erison Hurtault Unattached&n bsp; 46.29P
4 Greg Nixon& nbsp;Asics&n bsp;&n bsp;46.38P
5 Andrew Rock Unattached&n bsp; 46.82P
6 Miles Sm ith Unattached&n bsp; 47.12P
7 Reggie Witherspoon Unattached&n bsp; 47.38
8 Sekou Clarke Unattached&n bsp; 47.94

albinosprint

Mentor
starwars,

I got to disagree with you, he will be about 28 in 2012 and will still be able to be in great shape. he will also have the mental edge and wisdom to take on guys younger them him. unless another young guy comes along its going to be JW & Merritt on top of the podium. I think you'll see guys like Martyn Rooney & Jordan Boase in the mix also, but JW got staying power. this year he has to focus on dominating. he's got to beat Merritt back down and establish himself as the man to beat.

StarWars

Mentor
I agree he will be on the podium in 2012, no question. But I dont think he will PR much past 2011.

Heres a crappy short clip of the Drake Relays, looks like he eased up towards the end. Drake Relays 45.06

StarWars

Mentor
According to his schedule, Jeremy is running next in Osaka (400m). Considering he ran the 3rd fastest 400m of all time there with a 43.45 and a PB, I think he will be in the low 44s if he finishes hard. Then he runs a 400m in Carson City, another fast track where his 20.19 200m personal best was at, so hell probably break 44 there. Moving on at the US Championships he'll run the 200m, and by his form think he will be at around low to mid 20.1x. Finally in Berlin I think he'll run in the mid to low 43s, maybe setting a PB, and beating Merrit.Scheedule

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I really belive that for him to break MJ's 400 Meter World Record, he will need to vastly improve his 200 meter times. He needs to be around a 20.00 flat in the deuce to have the best chance to beat 43.18! I think he can do it but I don't know if he will approach that this season. He has actually gotten slower over the 200 in the last couple of years. Maybe he can turn it around at the US Nat.Champs but I haven't seen any evidence as of yet.

He will continue to dominate the 400 along with Merritt. The guys from England are going to make some serious noise soon. Rooney is the real deal.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I am not making any predictions on Wariner's season yet - I think it's too early. But I do believe it will be Wariner and Merritt as the leading contenders again for #1. I think Wariner's biggest problem now is confidence. All through high school, college, and his pro career, he basically was unbeaten. Then last year, Wariner wasn't as good as he had been in 2007, while Merritt improved and started beating him. I think it really shook JW's confidence a lot. It's something he never had to deal with before. It really affected him at the Olympics. He needs to win some races and run some very fast times to get his confidence back. He should stop thinking about the WR, and just think about winning. The WR will come in time if he can back to his old self....and maybe his old training regiment.

P-NutLane

Guru
When I was in prison in SLCC [South Louisiana Corectional Center] my daddy sent me the Waco Tribune with the articals about Jeremy. It inspired me, and I didnt know why! I know now.